Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts)

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Speedy Ron The thing I wish we had was an app for this. Not tappatalk, an actual app. I'd pay for the app. Might be a good way to raise money and make it even better we ...

Like Tree180Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #81
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Colorado Springs Co
Posts: 2,482
Re: BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts)

Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
The thing I wish we had was an app for this. Not tappatalk, an actual app. I'd pay for the app. Might be a good way to raise money and make it even better
we did have one at one time, because I had it on my old iphone. then i lost it... then lost the app. There was a post on here years back with it, and thats how I got it??? Why can't we get it back??
Stealthman likes this.
Ashley is offline  
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #82
Site Donor
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 10,854
Blog Entries: 43
Re: BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts)

Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
we did have one at one time, because I had it on my old iphone. then i lost it... then lost the app. There was a post on here years back with it, and thats how I got it??? Why can't we get it back??
That was quite some time ago and that App is no longer. Besides, Apple has locked down their phones and iPad where you can't install an App unless it's up on their market and it's expensive an hassle-some to do that.

We're taking in all this about the Apps and have upcoming plans.
For now, everyone can participate via mobile device by using TapaTalk.

I know, I know, tapatalk costs $1.99 in your market and we do not profit from that. What most do not understand is a custom App costs anywhere from 5 to 10 THOUSAND DOLLARS to develop and we do not have that laying around.

For now pay the $1.99 and enjoy the nice App. As for this thread, KEEP'EM COMING!!!
Stealthman likes this.

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Halo is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #83
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Colorado Springs Co
Posts: 2,482
Re: BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts)

Damn apple... keeping the geek down!! I say we all Rise up with our pocket protector.
Nope I will just type in the BNG on the browser and go from there
Halo, Stealthman and saintfan like this.
Ashley is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #84
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Humble, Texas
Posts: 418
Re: BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts)

Please never use the phrase "Rise up". It's now been tainted. Thank you!
Halo, Ashley and sharke like this.
HouYat is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #85
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Colorado Springs Co
Posts: 2,482
Re: BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts)

Originally Posted by HouYat View Post
Please never use the phrase "Rise up". It's now been tainted. Thank you!
Jesus! Your right... thanks for slapping me in the face man.. I needed that. We all have brain farts from time to time...
Ashley is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #86
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Humble, Texas
Posts: 418
Re: BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts)

No problem...just trying to keep you on the Black & Gold path, no veering allowed!
Stealthman likes this.
HouYat is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #87
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,210
Re: BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts)

Originally Posted by Speedy Ron View Post
The thing I wish we had was an app for this. Not tappatalk, an actual app. I'd pay for the app. Might be a good way to raise money and make it even better
Ron

tapatalk is pretty much as good as it gets as far as for forum apps... I am pretty impressed with it. Developing an app for iPhone is a tedious and can be an expensive process.


The options are:

Hire someone to build it... Not Halo's style.

Build it your self: You must own a Mac computer to develop it your self from scratch. Most of the tools are OS X dependent, as of last year this has not changed. Everything has to be built from scratch graphics etc.... Very time consuming.

Having our own app also means that Halo may have to update the app every time a new version of iOS for iPhone/iPad comes out.
Stealthman likes this.

"Dad, you know what sensitive means?" "Yes, but you tell me". "When someone says a joke and you are not tough about it" ~ My 5yo Daughter
TheOak is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #88
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Colorado Springs Co
Posts: 2,482
Re: BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts)

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Ron

tapatalk is pretty much as good as it gets as far as for forum apps... I am pretty impressed with it. Developing an app for iPhone is a tedious and can be an expensive process.


The options are:

Hire someone to build it... Not Halo's style.

Build it your self: You must own a Mac computer to develop it your self from scratch. Most of the tools are OS X dependent, as of last year this has not changed. Everything has to be built from scratch graphics etc.... Very time consuming.

Having our own app also means that Halo may have to update the app every time a new version of iOS for iPhone/iPad comes out.
Ha so if i said i would pay the 1.99 for the app, that means you will start on it?
Ashley is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #89
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,210
Re: BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts)

Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Ha so if i said i would pay the 1.99 for the app, that means you will start on it?
Yes I will! If by start you mean take that $1.99 and use it to put a MacBook on da layaway.... I would only need another 1500 $1.99 (in good faith) app purchases before I got started.
TheOak is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #90
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,846
Re: BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts)

i still have no clue what an app looks like, or what i would do with one?
Halo, Stealthman and mutineer10 like this.
skymike is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/48065-blackandgold-com-website-your-thoughts.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
BlackAndGold.com website (...your thoughts) This thread Refback 08-13-2012 05:15 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts