New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Training camp optimism (http://blackandgold.com/saints/48189-training-camp-optimism.html)

Bobaganoosh 08-15-2012 10:55 AM

Training camp optimism
 
This is that time of year when we all get overly optimistic about the team we will be putting on the field this season. Training camp is about done, couple more preseason games to go and we all have a feel for what our team will look like this year. I get excited every year because of the black and gold sunglasses, but the fact that our defense has gotten the better of our offense for most of camp has me over the edge. I don't read much in to the preseason performances, but the training camp practices I where I trust my eyes.

I have seen the defense take another step. I can give several examples of players that make me seem like this will be the best team we've fielded in the Payton era.
-Martez Wilson at DE
-Malcolm Jenkins playing closer to the line
-Akiem Hicks being a contributer
-Johnny Patrick taking the next step
-emergence of Marquis Johnson
-Johnathan Casillas looks like a different player in this scheme
-Sedrick Ellis is motivated
-Lofton is an upgrade from my personal favorite #51


This team will make noise. This team will play with a chip on its shoulder. This team will be a force this year. My excitement is at an all time high.
#whodat

73Saint 08-15-2012 11:01 AM

Re: Training camp optimism
 
Helll yeah! Can't wait to be in the Dome for the Skins game!!

jeanpierre 08-15-2012 11:10 AM

Re: Training camp optimism
 
While I do not like Green Eggs and Ham...

I miss those Joe Johnson and Laroi Glover...

and those wonderful Turnover De-Cleater QB Slams...

I do miss those plays, Sam-I-am...

dizzle88 08-15-2012 12:18 PM

Re: Training camp optimism
 
All the plays i keep hearing about our DB's and we still haven't even got Jabari Greer back yet, when he comes back we will shut the passing game down!!
So ready to see our team play and i'm most excited to see how our D reacts;

Malcolm has been getting all those picks in camp, can he do it against an elite QB
How will mark ingram perform in his second year

CANT WAIT!!

Halo 08-15-2012 12:24 PM

Re: Training camp optimism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpierre (Post 428043)
While I do not like Green Eggs and Ham...

I miss those Joe Johnson and Laroi Glover...

and those wonderful Turnover De-Cleater QB Slams...

I do miss those plays, Sam-I-am...

brilliant!

11toby 08-15-2012 12:46 PM

Re: Training camp optimism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobaganoosh (Post 428038)
I have seen the defense take another step. I can give several examples of players that make me seem like this will be the best team we've fielded in the Payton era.
-Martez Wilson at DE
-Malcolm Jenkins playing closer to the line
-Akiem Hicks being a contributer
-Johnny Patrick taking the next step
-emergence of Marquis Johnson
-Johnathan Casillas looks like a different player in this scheme
-Sedrick Ellis is motivated
-Lofton is an upgrade from my personal favorite #51


This team will make noise. This team will play with a chip on its shoulder. This team will be a force this year. My excitement is at an all time high.
#whodat

could be the most talented Saints team to EVER walk onto a football field. if talent can outdo missing head coach, this is definitely the year.

Rugby Saint II 08-15-2012 01:21 PM

Re: Training camp optimism
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 11toby (Post 428075)
could be the most talented Saints team to EVER walk onto a football field. if talent can outdo missing head coach, this is definitely the year.

Nailed it!!!:lolup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com