Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

It could be worse but...

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; That hurricane has taken a bead on us. It just got worse....

Like Tree55Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
Team Doctor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deep South
Posts: 856
Re: It could be worse but...

That hurricane has taken a bead on us. It just got worse.
mutineer10 likes this.
poydras is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 08-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,934
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by 4thqtrsaint View Post
Hey guys... Um... We're on the same team right? Calm down.

Yep, but that doesn't mean that we can't disagree with one another about all things concerned with the Saints... even very heatedly at times.

These boards would be kind of boring if we all agreed on everything and just echoed what the initial poster has stated in each thread, so I personally welcome disagreement and debate, because here it is most of the time very civil.

SloMotion likes this.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,254
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by GoofySaint View Post
No you miss the point

I'd agree with you............ if we had already played those first 8 games. But the fact that the team has done unbelievable things ALREADY and WE'RE STILL talking crap like going 10-6 even though we may just be one of the most complete teams in the NFL(next to steelers, texans, and 9ers etc) is the problem here.

The fact that this guy thinks that we'd actually struggle in the division or go 4-4 is what irks me.

I don't understand where people get this idea that we SHOULD fail. I hope people realize that every time they say that Sean Payton not being there will drastically affect the Saints. You're not complementing Payton. You're insulting him. His system is still there. His coaches are identical to his style. They do what he wants from them. They call the plays he'd call. Great coaches do that.

A decade and a half later I still bits and pieces of Bill Parcells system in play with the New York Giants. Even with Coughlin.

Jpp reminds me of LT a little bit.

Who ever said we were going 4-4 or 10-6 AT ALL? I think we could go 13-3 or 14-2 based off the look of the schedule. It's as if this guy has no hope in us.


"The fact that the defense can go through such a drastic change; new d-coordinator, new defensive captain, completely different defensive scheme but the Saints are still in contention because of the amazing offense is pretty impressive."

So if it's so impressive, why are we talking about them only going 10-6 or 4-4 or JUST BARELY winning the division? Have you seen the other elite teams defenses? The packers and patriots defenses haven't changed one bit from last year. Ours has.

What's also annoying is pointing out how great Brees is but then saying he could only carry us to 10-6. Really? Cause Manning has carried the Colts and Brady has carried the Pats to super bowls before and they had no defense. He carried us to 13-3 and we had a much worse defense last year so why should it shrink to 10-6. It's not "genius". It's Saints football.
If you're irked and annoyed by other Saints fans opinions, why would you come to a place where the point is to exchange opinions?
Utah_Saint is online now  
Old 08-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #14
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,556
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by GoofySaint View Post
Excuse me sir but did you watch the whole game or did you just watch the first half(which included a ridiculous amount of calls by the refs)?

Did you happen to forget the fact that we had 3 times more sacks than the texans did? Or the fact that we had more turnovers? Or the fact that our defense was capable of returning a fumble?

And this isn't some Patriots or packers defense. This is perhaps the 2nd best defense in the league and our defense just outdid them in sacks and turnovers and we're still whining about the defense(and this was WITHOUT Lofton)?

"learn the the new DC's defense and to get used to their new team mates"

Oh that's BS. He's already played 3 preseason games and done training camp so I'm sure he knows who his teammates are. He's only been with them for the LAST 2 MONTHS. I'm sure 3 games is enough to know what type he's in. If it was one game, I'd be worried.

If Curtis Lofton was able to play 25 snaps then it's not even worthy of being called an "injury".


"If we can go 4-4 in the first half of the season somebody in this organization is a genius."

Have you seen our schedule the first 8 games?

Redskins
@panthers
Chiefs
@Packers
Chargers
@Bucs
@Broncos
Eagles

Seeing as we always win at home in the regular season, the only game I have a ? for is the packers game and maybe the broncos but Manning is still a ? to me.


"Most of us remain optimistic about the upcoming season despite all of these things. I'm in that number."

I'm not so sure if you're that optimistic.
Right before you say that, you then say 10 GAMES is an amazing accomplishment even though we just went 13-3 last year and we were the 1# offense last year(and our defense was WAAYYYYYY worse last year).
Hostile much?

"This guy" happens to think that 10-6 given everything that's been thrown at us will be a great accomplishment. He also thinks that you're greatly underestimating the value of Sean Payton's leadership on the sidelines and in preparation during the week.

Am I predicting 10-6? No I'm not predicting anything at this point. I don't think it's ridiculous to think that we might need a few games to hit our stride especially given the injury situation and the fact that we play in probably the toughest division in the league.
The Dude and Utah_Saint like this.
Boutte is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 1,509
Re: It could be worse but...

Yeah goofsaints response was uncalled for. It's a forums and al opinions are welcome. No need to bash someone because he's happy about being 4-4 at the end of 8 games..... Remember any given Sunday.
Rugby Saint II and Utah_Saint like this.
Jamessr is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #16
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,556
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by Jamessr View Post
Yeah goofsaints response was uncalled for. It's a forums and al opinions are welcome. No need to bash someone because he's happy about being 4-4 at the end of 8 games..... Remember any given Sunday.
To be honest I won't be happy with 4-4. I think we'll win 5 or 6. But if we have trouble gelling on the D side of the ball I'm not going to panic.
Boutte is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #17
100th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Philipsburg, PA
Posts: 161
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by Jamessr View Post
Yeah goofsaints response was uncalled for. It's a forums and al opinions are welcome. No need to bash someone because he's happy about being 4-4 at the end of 8 games..... Remember any given Sunday.
I don't see how it's uncalled for. I have an opinion too. And when you look at the 3 likes I got clearly some people agree with me.
GoofySaint is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #18
100th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Philipsburg, PA
Posts: 161
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint View Post
If you're irked and annoyed by other Saints fans opinions, why would you come to a place where the point is to exchange opinions?
Cause when you come to a Saints forum and people have been talking nothing but hate and critisicm about team that they supposedly love, it gets annoying.

We're just gonna pretend the pats and cards game never happened?

Or the texans game? No we'll just look at the jags game(which actually wasn't that bad).

When people who HATE the Saints think you're going to do well and you STILL think you're struggling. There's a problem here.

I'd say some of the people here sound like falcons fans but I hear falcons fans admitting we're going to do well. Which makes it worse.
GoofySaint is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #19
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,213
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by GoofySaint View Post
No you miss the point

I'd agree with you............ if we had already played those first 8 games. But the fact that the team has done unbelievable things ALREADY and WE'RE STILL talking crap like going 10-6 even though we may just be one of the most complete teams in the NFL(next to steelers, texans, and 9ers etc) is the problem here.

The fact that this guy thinks that we'd actually struggle in the division or go 4-4 is what irks me.

I don't understand where people get this idea that we SHOULD fail. I hope people realize that every time they say that Sean Payton not being there will drastically affect the Saints. You're not complementing Payton. You're insulting him. His system is still there. His coaches are identical to his style. They do what he wants from them. They call the plays he'd call. Great coaches do that.

A decade and a half later I still bits and pieces of Bill Parcells system in play with the New York Giants. Even with Coughlin.

Jpp reminds me of LT a little bit.

Who ever said we were going 4-4 or 10-6 AT ALL? I think we could go 13-3 or 14-2 based off the look of the schedule. It's as if this guy has no hope in us.


"The fact that the defense can go through such a drastic change; new d-coordinator, new defensive captain, completely different defensive scheme but the Saints are still in contention because of the amazing offense is pretty impressive."

So if it's so impressive, why are we talking about them only going 10-6 or 4-4 or JUST BARELY winning the division? Have you seen the other elite teams defenses? The packers and patriots defenses haven't changed one bit from last year. Ours has.

What's also annoying is pointing out how great Brees is but then saying he could only carry us to 10-6. Really? Cause Manning has carried the Colts and Brady has carried the Pats to super bowls before and they had no defense. He carried us to 13-3 and we had a much worse defense last year so why should it shrink to 10-6. It's not "genius". It's Saints football.
We had Brees and 07 and 08 too. Without a head coach its going to take even more of a team effort. Saying Brees could carry us to 13-3 all by himself is asking an awful lot of him. Going 13-3 would be one of the most amazing stories in the history of the game is we could overcome that much adversity.
Boutte, |Mitch| and Utah_Saint like this.
The Dude is offline  
Old 08-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #20
100th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Philipsburg, PA
Posts: 161
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by Boutte View Post
Hostile much?

"This guy" happens to think that 10-6 given everything that's been thrown at us will be a great accomplishment. He also thinks that you're greatly underestimating the value of Sean Payton's leadership on the sidelines and in preparation during the week.

Am I predicting 10-6? No I'm not predicting anything at this point. I don't think it's ridiculous to think that we might need a few games to hit our stride especially given the injury situation and the fact that we play in probably the toughest division in the league.




I don't see how its hostile. I say "this guy" to everybody I don't know. If I offended I apologize but I still don't get it.

Sean Payton had leadership but why must we assume he was the ONLY guy with leadership skills? Drew Brees? Loftons eagerness and enjoyment playing in New Orleans has shown that he probably can be a leader.

What's been thrown at us?

We lost a head coach whose system has made it capable for his loss to mean nothing. We still have a Qb whose leadership has allowed him to be a coach on the field.
If Jim Caldwell can sit on the sidelines doing nothing while Manning wins a super bowl. Why can't Brees?

We lost a subpar defensive captain who was out of his prime and replaced him with a MUCH better player.

We lost a defensive coordinator who was the reason we couldn't win last year. Now our defense is better without him. If anything, this suspension made us better.

We have 2 interim coaches which(because of paytons system) are gonna be able to keep in snyc so that nothing changes as coaches changes.

I don't see how any of this brings us from 13-3 to 10-6.



"and the fact that we play in probably the toughest division in the league."

I giggled a bit when you said that. Really man?

NFC EAST?
NFC NORTH?
AFC NORTH?

We have a Bucs team that's rebuilding.
We have a panthers team who has a very cocky QB who WILL throw INT.
And we have an inconsistent falcons team(that just lost one of their best defensive players in LOFTON who we got) that has an inconsistent QB.


So the bucs have 2 good preseason games and suddenly they're contenders for the division?

"injury situation"

So Loftons legs a little sprained and suddenly 10-6 seems likely? Did we forget that he played on it for 25 snaps? Or that the seasons is still 2 weeks away? We hear a bit about how Darren Sproles is a little sore and suddenly "THE SEASONS OVER"!!
GoofySaint is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/48926-could-worse-but.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-06-2013 09:39 AM 1
adBrite - Advertise on Black & Gold This thread Refback 09-05-2012 04:03 PM 1
It could be worse but... This thread Refback 08-26-2012 11:33 AM 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts