Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

It could be worse but...

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Trivia - Q: Before this thread, when was the last time someone on here called someone else a "douchebag"? A: 6th Grade Alaska...

Like Tree55Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #41
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,135
Blog Entries: 2
Re: It could be worse but...

Trivia -

Q: Before this thread, when was the last time someone on here called someone else a "douchebag"?

A: 6th Grade

Alaska
Rugby Saint II and kcsaints like this.
AlaskaSaints is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #42
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,898
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by AlaskaSaints View Post
Trivia -

Q: Before this thread, when was the last time someone on here called someone else a "douchebag"?

A: 6th Grade

Alaska

True, I can't even remember the last time Chopique called someone a douchenozzle.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #43
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,546
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by AlaskaSaints View Post
Trivia -

Q: Before this thread, when was the last time someone on here called someone else a "douchebag"?

A: 6th Grade

Alaska
I was thinking the same thing.
Boutte is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #44
100th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Philipsburg, PA
Posts: 161
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. We all have varying degrees of comfort for the team this year.
Arguing about it and calling people out isn't the way to get your point across.
You are a new member here and I have a feeling you were banned from another forum the way you just showed up here and started name calling.

I'm going out on a limb here but I don't see us being friends.
WOW! Tell ME WHERE exactly I called out ANYBODY or their opinion in this thread or NAMEDCALLED ANYBODY HERE? Everybody here keeps saying I was namecalling but they have yet to tell me where and when I did such a thing.

You do realize this is a forum right? We're kind of supposed to argue so stop it.


And no I wasn't BANNED from another forum. Sorry to disappoint your attempt at trying to be some showoff superman(and you call me the callout).

And before you take offense to this comment, just remember, YOU CALLED ME OUT.
GoofySaint is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #45
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,135
Blog Entries: 2
Re: It could be worse but...

GoofySaint - Here's what you do:

Turn your back on this thread.
Go to another thread where you may have an agreement with the Original Poster and post that agreement.

This is a pretty tight board. We disagree on everything, some things and sometimes we agree on everything or some things. But just as a measure of respect we don't refer to a certain set of feelings or opinions in a derogatory manner. That's it. It's easy.

And you ARE welcome here, along with any opinion, right or wrong, that you may have.

Have fun. Even a losing game is fun because we get to RAGE on/to each other.

Alaska
FinSaint and SloMotion like this.
AlaskaSaints is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #46
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,135
Blog Entries: 2
Re: It could be worse but...

OH, and when and if we tell someone to pizz up a rope, we do it and then include a . That means it's all in fun.

Alaska
AlaskaSaints is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #47
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Gonzales, LA
Posts: 1,737
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by AlaskaSaints View Post
GoofySaint - Here's what you do:

Turn your back on this thread.
Go to another thread where you may have an agreement with the Original Poster and post that agreement.

This is a pretty tight board. We disagree on everything, some things and sometimes we agree on everything or some things. But just as a measure of respect we don't refer to a certain set of feelings or opinions in a derogatory manner. That's it. It's easy.

And you ARE welcome here, along with any opinion, right or wrong, that you may have.

Have fun. Even a losing game is fun because we get to RAGE on/to each other.

Alaska

Agreed. We're all cheering for the same team every Sunday (and sometimes Monday, Thursday, and Saturday in the playoffs). The board would suck if we all agreed all the time ... wouldn't be any interesting discussion.

So long as y'all remember I'm always right, or drunk, or both ... uh, I forgot what I was gettin' at ...
AlaskaSaints likes this.
mutineer10 is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 05:43 AM   #48
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: on the road - now based in Oakland
Posts: 289
Re: It could be worse but...

here's to it boys - WE go all the way. WE are the team that makes the NFL re-think the home team advantage in the Superbowl. I love have the SB in NOLA every few years but WE are the team tha puts it in Memphis, or Vegas or Honolulu (while we ditch the pro-bowl)

THE New Orleans Saints... 2012 (2013 when it actually goes down)
exiled is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #49
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,615
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by GoofySaint View Post
WOW! Tell ME WHERE exactly I called out ANYBODY or their opinion in this thread or NAMEDCALLED ANYBODY HERE? Everybody here keeps saying I was namecalling but they have yet to tell me where and when I did such a thing.

You do realize this is a forum right? We're kind of supposed to argue so stop it.


And no I wasn't BANNED from another forum. Sorry to disappoint your attempt at trying to be some showoff superman(and you call me the callout).

And before you take offense to this comment, just remember, YOU CALLED ME OUT.
Brother try and relax. This is a casual forum, filled with South Louisiana folk, it seems we are a fairly relaxed personality in contrast to where you are from. You are correct and this is a forum, but no one comes to this sanctuary to argue. Discuss and debate yes, argue ... not so much.

We are all here for the same reason... To love the Saints, and share in our ideas and opinions. If two members do not agree... it is just that, an impasse on ideas, not an attack on anyone's intelligence.

This is not directed at you but to anyone or everyone that is involved and reads this post. Perhaps we should all take a moment before we make statements like "that makes no sense", "you are wrong"... etc... A proactive approach would be, "interesting observation, care to elaborate so I understand where you are coming from?"

P.S. Showoff Superman = Name calling... Being "called out" does not mean you have to retaliate... This is the internet and no one wins an internet argument. A less defensive posture might generate more discussion about the topic and less comparison of internet-penis.

And while we do name call here, that specific approach is reserved for Falcons fans, because they are not bags, or nozzles, they are the entire douche kit.

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
TheOak is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #50
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,898
Re: It could be worse but...

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Brother try and relax. This is a casual forum, filled with South Louisiana folk, it seems we are a fairly relaxed personality in contrast to where you are from. You are correct and this is a forum, but no one comes to this sanctuary to argue. Discuss and debate yes, argue ... not so much.

We are all here for the same reason... To love the Saints, and share in our ideas and opinions. If two members do not agree... it is just that, an impasse on ideas, not an attack on anyone's intelligence.

This is not directed at you but to anyone or everyone that is involved and reads this post. Perhaps we should all take a moment before we make statements like "that makes no sense", "you are wrong"... etc... A proactive approach would be, "interesting observation, care to elaborate so I understand where you are coming from?"

P.S. Showoff Superman = Name calling... Being "called out" does not mean you have to retaliate... This is the internet and no one wins an internet argument. A less defensive posture might generate more discussion about the topic and less comparison of internet-penis.

And while we do name call here, that specific approach is reserved for Falcons fans, because they are not bags, or nozzles, they are the entire douche kit.


Man, that makes no sense and you are wrong!

FinSaint is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/48926-could-worse-but.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-06-2013 09:39 AM 1
adBrite - Advertise on Black & Gold This thread Refback 09-05-2012 04:03 PM 1
It could be worse but... This thread Refback 08-26-2012 11:33 AM 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts