Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Have we forgotten? Monday... Vilma Day!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by |Mitch| I was thinking: Pay for Performance = salary cap violation Pay to Injure = suspensions reinstated I may be way off base though Those items may require proof of intent or action. Conduct detrimental - well ...

Like Tree11Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,615
Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
I was thinking:

Pay for Performance = salary cap violation

Pay to Injure = suspensions reinstated

I may be way off base though
Those items may require proof of intent or action.

Conduct detrimental - well that could be a fart on national TV.
Halo likes this.
TheOak is online now  
Old 09-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 440
Re: Have we forgotten? Monday... Vilma Day!

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Thanks, Halo. I should have stated I was reporting what I heard on ESPN...
W. Kovacs is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #23
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 11,130
Blog Entries: 43
Re: Have we forgotten? Monday... Vilma Day!

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
I was thinking:

Pay for Performance = salary cap violation

Pay to Injure = suspensions reinstated

I may be way off base though
Essentially Goodell called in Gregg Williams who pinned all this on Vilma. Sworn testimony is different than a prepared, signed "statement" so Goodell needed more assurances himself.

Goodell has an out. If Vilma's fellow linebackers give testimony that counters Gregg Williams testimony and Vilma can prove 10k never left his account, it could make Williams look like he lied under oath. Goodell can turn it back on Williams, that he went to war on faulty evidence.

Consider Williams may have sold his soul for the chance to ever return to coaching in the NFL... he may have said ANYTHING.

I'm thinking the plot thickens.

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Halo is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #24
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,798
Re: Have we forgotten? Monday... Vilma Day!

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I'm thinking the plot thickens.
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #25
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,615
Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Essentially Goodell called in Gregg Williams who pinned all this on Vilma. Sworn testimony is different than a prepared, signed "statement" so Goodell needed more assurances himself.

Goodell has an out. If Vilma's fellow linebackers give testimony that counters Gregg Williams testimony and Vilma can prove 10k never left his account, it could make Williams look like he lied under oath. Goodell can turn it back on Williams, that he went to war on faulty evidence.

Consider Williams may have sold his soul for the chance to ever return to coaching in the NFL... he may have said ANYTHING.

I'm thinking the plot thickens.
I'm thinking a good lawyer can make Williams look like a needy crackhead on the stand.
Halo and kcsaints like this.
TheOak is online now  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #26
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,239
Re: Have we forgotten? Monday... Vilma Day!

Over on SR they say that the nfl showed him a sworn affidavit signed by GW that he offered 10k for Farve to be injured.
Marlboro Man is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #27
Site Donor 2014
Kansas Who Dat
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 368
Re: Have we forgotten? Monday... Vilma Day!

I am a big fan of Jon Vilma and have huge respect for him and how he has handled this whole f'in cluster. This whole thing is just rank and stinks of something much bigger, IMHO

Jonathan Vilma‏@JonVilma51

The nfl has 1 affidavit saying i did it. I have NINE saying i didnt. Do the math. Hush haters.
savoyk likes this.
kcsaints is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #28
Site Donor 2014
Kansas Who Dat
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 368
Re: Have we forgotten? Monday... Vilma Day!

Was GW really bullied? WTF?! AND signed this affadavit 3 days ago? Again...WTF?

Jonathan Vilma‏@JonVilma51

You obviously want me to be guilty if you cant see that gregg was bullied to sign the affidavit. He signed 3days ago! #weakattempt
kcsaints is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #29
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,789
Re: Have we forgotten? Monday... Vilma Day!

Originally Posted by Marlboro Man View Post
Over on SR they say that the nfl showed him a sworn affidavit signed by GW that he offered 10k for Farve to be injured.
How about a sworn affidavit that he actually paid someone 10k for a Farve hit?
kcsaints likes this.
Seer1 is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #30
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,615
Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
How about a sworn affidavit that he actually paid someone 10k for a Farve hit?
I'll bet a months salary that no one can find that....


Sh1t! Did I just put up a bounty?
TheOak is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/50291-have-we-forgotten-monday-vilma-day.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Have we forgotten? Monday... Vilma Day! This thread Refback 09-17-2012 02:19 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts