Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Versus the Chiefs

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by poydras How about if we lose this weekend? How about if we go 0-6 before Vitt returns? At what point would you be willing to say "Yeah, go ahead and lose 'em all so we'll have a ...

Like Tree5Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #31
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: Versus the Chiefs

Originally Posted by poydras View Post
How about if we lose this weekend? How about if we go 0-6 before Vitt returns? At what point would you be willing to say "Yeah, go ahead and lose 'em all so we'll have a better team next year"?
maybe at 0-14.
I disagree because:
-- there is no guarantee your #1 pick will produce. remember shawn knight?
-- we've actually had better luck with lower picks & free agents.
-- losing is also an attitude
-- just for the sake of honor. I couldnt do it. if it is ever confirmed that
teams do that, then football becomes wrestling.
skymike is offline  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 09-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #32
Team Doctor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deep South
Posts: 856
Re: Versus the Chiefs

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
maybe at 0-14.
I disagree because:
-- there is no guarantee your #1 pick will produce. remember shawn knight?
-- we've actually had better luck with lower picks & free agents.
-- losing is also an attitude
-- just for the sake of honor. I couldnt do it. if it is ever confirmed that
teams do that, then football becomes wrestling.
You didn't read my later posts where I explained the importance of moving up in the draft. It wasn't to get one particular player. Being the "colts" of this year would give us the option of drafting multiple players we need at the front of the draft. This was never a good idea a couple of years ago because you had to pay big money to untested players, but now, with a rookie salary cap ...............

... and really, at 0-13, you would want to give up the first overall pick just to win a totally meaningless game?? really?
poydras is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #33
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: Versus the Chiefs

Originally Posted by poydras View Post
You didn't read my later posts where I explained the importance of moving up in the draft. It wasn't to get one particular player. Being the "colts" of this year would give us the option of drafting multiple players we need at the front of the draft. This was never a good idea a couple of years ago because you had to pay big money to untested players, but now, with a rookie salary cap ...............

... and really, at 0-13, you would want to give up the first overall pick just to win a totally meaningless game?? really?
cmon, i've been a Saints fan nearly 30 years. I've been to whole lot of meaningless games and
wanted to win them all.
skymike is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #34
Team Doctor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deep South
Posts: 856
Re: Versus the Chiefs

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
cmon, i've been a Saints fan nearly 30 years. I've been to whole lot of meaningless games and
wanted to win them all.
I never said I had given away my tickets and yes, I had them all the way back to the bag days, still have them today, and plan to have them another 20 years, but as I said in a post above, I've quit caring about this year. Without a coach, we're dead in the water. I want a team I can cheer for the next 20.
poydras is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/50341-versus-chiefs.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Versus the Chiefs This thread Refback 09-18-2012 06:07 AM 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts