Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

From Peter King's MMQB

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I think the more the Saints lose, the worse it's going to be for Roger Goodell in Super Bowl week. I mean, the man will not be able to leave his hotel. Read more: Bill Belichick's contact with ref caps ...

Like Tree7Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 10,285
Exclamation From Peter King's MMQB

I think the more the Saints lose, the worse it's going to be for Roger Goodell in Super Bowl week. I mean, the man will not be able to leave his hotel.

Read more: Bill Belichick's contact with ref caps another weekend of replacement controversies - Peter King - SI.com
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Latest Blogs


Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


Old 09-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,822
Re: From Peter King's MMQB

He'll announce that we get our 2nd round draft pick back a week or two before the Superbowl.
Danno is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
LET MY TEAM GO!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Just north of COWGAL HELL
Posts: 286
Re: From Peter King's MMQB

I worked as a chauffeur for the SB here in Dallas and thinking about seeing if I can get an extra gig during the SB in N.O.

Does Der Komisar need a driver? I'll make sure he winds up where he needs to be.
TXGSP is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 3,610
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
He'll announce that we get our 2nd round draft pick back a week or two before the Superbowl.
Wouldn't surprise me.
It was said when the punishment was handed down that the second rounder could be changed if we had a terrible season.Im expecting it to become a 3/4th rounder instead.
lee909 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,815
Blog Entries: 3
Re: From Peter King's MMQB

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
He'll announce that we get our 2nd round draft pick back a week or two before the Superbowl.
I honestly think he would give us ALL the draft picks back RIGHT NOW, TODAY, before lunchtime, if Benson fired Payton and Loomis like Goodell wanted him to. The whole punishment was designed to get those two fired -- I honestly am convinced of that. Which is why he keeps changing Payton's punishment around, and why he comes out dangling the picks over our heads every time that Payton acts up or gets too high profile in the media. Goodell wanted the Bounty story to go BOOM and make Benson get mad at Payton, then Payton, Loomis and Vitt all lose their jobs, players get cut, Goodell wins, he rids himself of the problem of Payton, Loomis, Gregg Williams, and a bunch of the players he has a beef against. But it didn't work out that way. That's been my take on it for a while now. Dangling Gregg Williams' reinstatement over his head like a bunch of grapes, to get him to do Goodell's bidding and say the right things -- same tactic.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 804
Originally Posted by TXGSP View Post
I worked as a chauffeur for the SB here in Dallas and thinking about seeing if I can get an extra gig during the SB in N.O.

Does Der Komisar need a driver? I'll make sure he winds up where he needs to be.
I thought u were a lawyer after reading your insightful post on the thread aboit Vilma's lawsuit.
And yes, I think you should be Goodell's driver. "Leave the body and take the cannoli's". Lol
44Champs is online now  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
LET MY TEAM GO!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Just north of COWGAL HELL
Posts: 286
Re: From Peter King's MMQB

Originally Posted by 44Champs View Post
I thought u were a lawyer after reading your insightful post on the thread aboit Vilma's lawsuit.
And yes, I think you should be Goodell's driver. "Leave the body and take the cannoli's". Lol
No lawyer more of a professional student, but I did pass the Louisiana Bar exam before they changed some of the requirements (when I took it you were not required to have graduated from Law School - they changed it 2 years later).

I only took it because I could, never even thought about practicing law - have 3 Bachelor degrees, 2 masters, and supposed to finish my PhD in December.
TXGSP is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,737
Blog Entries: 27
Re: From Peter King's MMQB

Isn't Peter King also included in this discussion of not being welcome in New Orleans?
SmashMouth is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NOLA
Posts: 1,641
Re: From Peter King's MMQB

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
I honestly think he would give us ALL the draft picks back RIGHT NOW, TODAY, before lunchtime, if Benson fired Payton and Loomis like Goodell wanted him to. The whole punishment was designed to get those two fired -- I honestly am convinced of that. Which is why he keeps changing Payton's punishment around, and why he comes out dangling the picks over our heads every time that Payton acts up or gets too high profile in the media. Goodell wanted the Bounty story to go BOOM and make Benson get mad at Payton, then Payton, Loomis and Vitt all lose their jobs, players get cut, Goodell wins, he rids himself of the problem of Payton, Loomis, Gregg Williams, and a bunch of the players he has a beef against. But it didn't work out that way. That's been my take on it for a while now. Dangling Gregg Williams' reinstatement over his head like a bunch of grapes, to get him to do Goodell's bidding and say the right things -- same tactic.
I disagree. First of all, when has he changed Payton's punishment around? And when had he dangled picks in front of us (besides saying that was subject to re-evaluation at the very beginning)? Also, when has Payton "acted up""? Plus, I think if he wanted Payton and Loomis out, he would have done the exact same thing as he did w/ Williams, suspend indefinitely.

I respect your opinion, and perhaps you are right, but I think this is a bit far-fetched...
73Saint is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #10
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,775
Re: From Peter King's MMQB

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
He'll announce that we get our 2nd round draft pick back a week or two before the Superbowl.
I'd like to see that happen.
QBREES9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/50852-peter-kings-mmqb.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
From Peter King's MMQB This thread Refback 09-25-2012 10:07 AM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts