Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Whats wrong with our Defense ( Visual Proof )

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Our team was built around the offense. Payton comes to town and look at the 1st round drafts that were made... O. That is where our priorities were. Talent on D is killing us....

Like Tree16Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #41
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,458
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Whats wrong with our Defense ( Visual Proof )

Our team was built around the offense.

Payton comes to town and look at the 1st round drafts that were made... O. That is where our priorities were.

Talent on D is killing us.
Euphoria is offline  
Latest Blogs


Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


Old 09-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #42
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 2,794
Re: Whats wrong with our Defense ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
"Big" Sedrick Ellis should be packing already!
Now do you see!!
halloween 65 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #43
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hub City
Posts: 576
Re: Whats wrong with our Defense ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Herring, Casillas, Hawthorne, Chamberlain, Arnoux, Wilson, Bussey, that Jax LB that GW liked, and probably a few others I can't recall.
That's quite a list, and this right here is something that bothers me. We've brought in a bunch of people to try to unseat a mediocre LB who has remained entrenched in his spot for several seasons now, and yet we still can't find anybody who is more than a slightly below-average player.

Who is picking these guys?? Why are we bringing them in to begin with?

I wonder if we have a deficiency in our talent evaluators and scouts on the defensive side of the ball. Its looking like Spags may be the best talent evaluator we've seen in quite a while, since two (and almost three if you count Marquis Johnson) of the people he picked in the last draft are already spending significant amounts of time on the field.

Not first round picks either, like GW had. Didn't he pick Malcolm, P-Rob, and Cameron Jordan? They're all above mediocre, but hey, they're first round talent, they're supposed to be better than that
Shoe. is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #44
I'm an A hole
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Metry
Posts: 1,173
Re: Whats wrong with our Defense ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
And he probably is. Thats why he was voted defensive MVP by our own players.
Not hard to be a def MVP on our team. They give that to the guy who dresses out for every game
Speedy Ron is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #45
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,953
Re: Whats wrong with our Defense ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by Shoe. View Post
That's quite a list, and this right here is something that bothers me. We've brought in a bunch of people to try to unseat a mediocre LB who has remained entrenched in his spot for several seasons now, and yet we still can't find anybody who is more than a slightly below-average player.

Who is picking these guys?? Why are we bringing them in to begin with?

I wonder if we have a deficiency in our talent evaluators and scouts on the defensive side of the ball. Its looking like Spags may be the best talent evaluator we've seen in quite a while, since two (and almost three if you count Marquis Johnson) of the people he picked in the last draft are already spending significant amounts of time on the field.

Not first round picks either, like GW had. Didn't he pick Malcolm, P-Rob, and Cameron Jordan? They're all above mediocre, but hey, they're first round talent, they're supposed to be better than that

Maybe they should've used the 4th round pick to get another defensive player instead of picking up Toon who' s redshirted for the season.

I'd also add that Hawthorne was a very good pick up, but his natural position is at the MLB spot, so he has had to settle for his alternative spot, which he occasionally played in Seattle. The guy is a tackling machine, and I have to admit that I wanted him more than Lofton, but mainly because I thought he would be available for less than what Lofton was asking for... the preseason injury might've hampered him somewhat, but hopefully he'll be able to raise his performance level up to what it was in Seattle during the rest of the season.

And I do also think that given what we saw out of Chamberlain in the preseason, before his season ending injury, if he hadn't injured himself, I think that he would've taken Shanle's starting spot eventually.

Lastly, I've been super impressed with Casillas! Yeah, you heard me right. I've been super impressed by the fact that he hasn't yet suffered a serious injury which would've taken him out of the game, since that has been his M.O.

"I don't think I'll be thinking at all. I think I'm just gonna go out there and play my balls out" - Martez Wilson | "I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing their opinions because in my opinion their opinion is wrong" - Danno
FinSaint is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #46
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,821
Re: Whats wrong with our Defense ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
Lastly, I've been super impressed with Casillas! Yeah, you heard me right. I've been super impressed by the fact that he hasn't yet suffered a serious injury which would've taken him out of the game, since that has been his M.O.
He's listed as OUT this weekend due to injury.
Danno is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #47
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,953
Re: Whats wrong with our Defense ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
He's listed as OUT this weekend due to injury.

Yeah, I noticed that right after I made that post... go figure.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #48
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,821
Re: Whats wrong with our Defense ( Visual Proof )

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
Yeah, I noticed that right after I made that post... go figure.
Well now we've discovered who the jinx is here.
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/50965-whats-wrong-our-defense-visual-proof.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Whats wrong with our Defense ( Visual Proof ) This thread Refback 09-26-2012 05:30 PM 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts