Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

The Hold

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Game changer....

Like Tree3Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5,806
Blog Entries: 4
The Hold

Game changer.


saintsfan1976 is offline  
Latest Blogs
MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 876
Re: The Hold

Old News , I already did a segment on this play. Called What's wrong with our defense Visual proof ... Real Refs are back anyways case and point our defense needs to execute assignments
Saintaintso is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 1,346
Re: The Hold

Roger that !
RailBoss is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,776
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The Hold

The problem I have with this is that, in the famous '09 Dolphins game, there was a blatant hold on Vilma on that ridiculous long Ricky Williams touchdown run that put the Dolphins up by 17 or 21 or whatever the heck it was in the first quarter....huge embarrassing TD run and the Fins had all the momentum.... The difference was, THAT Saints team responded and came back to win the game. This one...didn't.
Ashley and SmashMouth like this.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,288
Re: The Hold

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
The problem I have with this is that, in the famous '09 Dolphins game, there was a blatant hold on Vilma on that ridiculous long Ricky Williams touchdown run that put the Dolphins up by 17 or 21 or whatever the heck it was in the first quarter....huge embarrassing TD run and the Fins had all the momentum.... The difference was, THAT Saints team responded and came back to win the game. This one...didn't.
We also had 2 defensive TD's in that game with Sharper and Porter returning picks to the house. Big Mo is the key in this. In that 09 game we scored at the end of the half and then the Sharper pick to start the second half, Big Mo was the difference. The same thing happened this pass Sunday, Charles breaks a long run for td that should have been negated by penalty but it gave the Chiefs momentum and fired up their defense. When Big Mo makes an appearance things can change in a heartbeat.
Budsdrinker is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: The Hold

1. We do not bounce back from anything. This play killed the defense, and Brees interception killed the offense.

2. You know what happens more in the NFL than bad calls? Holding.. Someone is held in every play. In order for me to remotely believe that that hold was the reason for that run you would have to convince me that the other 10 players on the field were where they were supposed to be and did exactly what they were supposed to do. That holding was on the line.. where were the LB's, Corners, and Safety? Surely when the ball is handed off they stop covering receivers?

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Like and vote https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charl...44287815781246
TheOak is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,532
Re: The Hold

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
1. We do not bounce back from anything. This play killed the defense, and Brees interception killed the offense.

2. You know what happens more in the NFL than bad calls? Holding.. Someone is held in every play. In order for me to remotely believe that that hold was the reason for that run you would have to convince me that the other 10 players on the field were where they were supposed to be and did exactly what they were supposed to do. That holding was on the line.. where were the LB's, Corners, and Safety? Surely when the ball is handed off they stop covering receivers?
Often times one player is the man to stop a big gain if that play is his gap responsibility.

I've seen a bazillion huge gains brought back because of a holding call.

Do you think they should just ignore all holding calls?
Danno is online now  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: The Hold

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Often times one player is the man to stop a big gain if that play is his gap responsibility.

I've seen a bazillion huge gains brought back because of a holding call.

Do you think they should just ignore all holding calls?
Nope.... And I do not care to guess how many Saints runs would be called back for holding if they called all of them.
TheOak is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 10,099
Re: The Hold

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Game changer.


The Saints were still winning at that point.

If the defense had gotten ONE stop and the offense gotten ONE score, the game Sunday would be between the best two 1-2 teams in football!
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #10
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 1,509
Re: The Hold

I agree that holding call changed the game. the othe 59:00 minutes is irrelevant...
Jamessr is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts