Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Mark Ingram's Woes

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; With Ivory I can see your point, but there was never any thought that he'd never play again. As for Pierre, he pretty much had a high ankle sprain. You guys actually thought he was done for good?!...

Like Tree21Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #31
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,420
Re: Mark Ingram's Woes

With Ivory I can see your point, but there was never any thought that he'd never play again. As for Pierre, he pretty much had a high ankle sprain. You guys actually thought he was done for good?!
burningmetal likes this.
ChrisXVI is offline  
Latest Blogs
MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #32
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,097
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Mark Ingram's Woes

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
With Ivory I can see your point, but there was never any thought that he'd never play again. As for Pierre, he pretty much had a high ankle sprain. You guys actually thought he was done for good?!
That's exactly right. It was a high ankle sprain. Some people don't remember too well, and think it was a knee injury. And Ivory had a foot injury.

I keep hearing people say that some people have trouble coming back from a lisfranc (I believe it's called) injury, but I have never been shown anything to suggest it's career ending. All the reports were that the surgery went well and he'd be back. It took a little time, but there wasn't any serious doubt about whether we'd have enough healthy backs. So the Saints draft a running back anyway. Then of course they signed Sproles, but that was a smart move because he was a proven guy and he was a free agent.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #33
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,718
Re: Mark Ingram's Woes

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
With Ivory I can see your point, but there was never any thought that he'd never play again. As for Pierre, he pretty much had a high ankle sprain. You guys actually thought he was done for good?!
Really? Then why did he have knee surgery in the offseason for? He's had 2 maybe 3 knee surgeries in the last 3-4 years

Last edited by |Mitch|; 09-27-2012 at 08:41 PM..
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #34
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,097
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Mark Ingram's Woes

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I don't think we've drafted any impact players on either side of the ball in the 1st round. What makes you think we would have drafted one with the Ingram pick? In fact, the closest we've come to an impact player in the 1st round was Reggie Bush, a running back.
Reggie Bush was drafted when we had no offense or defense. Robert Meachem was drafted in the first round and had a couple productive seasons. But drafting defenders in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds has not worked out too well. The Saints have been great at mining offensive talent in low rounds, but defensively they need to draft higher. Now I'll give them a pass from this past draft because we didn't have a high pick.

But they should have gone after a pass rusher instead of Jordan, who is a run stuffer, and with the Ingram pick maybe they could have gotten someone more in the mold of Jordan... Maybe even him, if he would have still been available. But a running back? They could have gotten that later on.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #35
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,097
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Mark Ingram's Woes

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Really? Then why did he have knee surgery in the offseason for? He's had 2 maybe 3 knee surgeries in the last 3-4 years
He had ankle surgery. Google it or something if you don't believe me. and we're talking the offseason of '10. Any surgery he might have had before then does not pertain to this subject. He was not coming off a major knee injury. It was an ankle problem.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #36
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,718
Re: Mark Ingram's Woes

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
He had ankle surgery. Google it or something if you don't believe me. and we're talking the offseason of '10. Any surgery he might have had before then does not pertain to this subject. He was not coming off a major knee injury. It was an ankle problem.
His ankle problem was in the '10 season, he had knee surgery at the end of the '09 season
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #37
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,097
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Mark Ingram's Woes

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
His ankle problem was in the '10 season, he had knee surgery at the end of the '09 season
Which brings me back to my point. He was not coming off knee surgery going into the '11 season. So why again did anyone think his career might be over? You might not think it, but I'm trying to be patient. I've been arguing this point with various people since the Saints drafted Ingram, and no one has any facts to back up their claims.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #38
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,718
Re: Mark Ingram's Woes

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Which brings me back to my point. He was not coming off knee surgery going into the '11 season. So why again did anyone think his career might be over? You might not think it, but I'm trying to be patient. I've been arguing this point with various people since the Saints drafted Ingram, and no one has any facts to back up their claims.
Ingram was drafted because by the end of the Seattle playoff game, we had what one active RB available?

That whole season our RB's battled injuries...
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #39
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Gonzales, LA
Posts: 1,738
Re: Mark Ingram's Woes

I only wish Mark Ingram was our biggest problem!
mutineer10 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #40
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,271
Re: Mark Ingram's Woes

Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
Without a doubt, way too predictable when he's in the game. Have to change that or we will see him getting stuffed for 3 yard losses as the season wears on. I'd like to see some FB help or a flee flicker to break the cycle up.
You'll see him getting stuffed for 3 yard losses no matter what you do with him. Wasted pick and he ain't gonna do nothing.
Marlboro Man is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/51017-mark-ingrams-woes.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Mark Ingram's Woes This thread Refback 09-27-2012 08:22 AM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts