New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Are we just spoiled as fans? (http://blackandgold.com/saints/51253-we-just-spoiled-fans.html)

Saintswrath 09-30-2012 09:02 PM

Are we just spoiled as fans?
 
We had a lot of adversity this off-season and it trickled into the regular season.
We are playing without a head coach and some of our Defensive leaders.
Sean Payton didn't have time to game scheme, we have no idea if interim coaching staff know how to properly game-plan and from the looks of the season thus-far that might not be too far from the truth..

We'll be gettin Vitt Back soon and im sure he's being in alot of communication with Sean Payton, he's going to have a lot of detail to give to these players when he gets back on top of that Loomis will be calling lack-luster players into his office and that will certainly be lighting fire under asses, right now we have players that are skating on easy street right now and show no discipline, they did ok tonight but we rank at the bottom of everything right now.

As a fan i did expect the Players and the leaders to hold their own and win the games we all know this team can win and hold on to leads it critical portions of the game, but i realized only a real Head Coach could have kept the players heads in this game, the bogus mistakes we've had would have not constantly continued under regular circumstances.

I guess i figured we could have coasted a bit until we got some sense of normality back, i fear this season is about to turn into one of the worse seasons in decades for us.

I guess i can handle the heckling from rivals until next season.. everybody know's we are playing with a disabled staff this season, i think we are the best 0-4 team in the NFL in a long time, thats what i've been pretty much putting my mindset at nowadays.

Danno 09-30-2012 09:05 PM

Re: Are we just spoiled as fans?
 
All good points. With Payton we could likely be 4-0. I know our O-line would get its ass in gear and the drops would definitely stop, the play calling would improve.

Missing Sean Payton is reason number 1 that we're 0-4 right now, IMO.

neugey 09-30-2012 09:09 PM

Re: Are we just spoiled as fans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintswrath (Post 444900)
We'll be gettin Vitt Back soon and im sure he's being in alot of communication with Sean Payton, he's going to have a lot of detail to give to these players when he gets back on top of that Loomis will be calling lack-luster players into his office and that will certainly be lighting fire under asses,

Wouldn't Sean get in huge trouble for talking to Vitt or Loomis, since they are coming back from suspension sooner? I'm sure Roger would be happy to lay the smack down again.

Speedy Ron 09-30-2012 09:10 PM

Re: Are we just spoiled as fans?
 
No way are winless with Payton here coaching. No way. We are almost winning games with a third string coach. We are basically coach less. Payton's not the reason we drop a lot of passes but the whole moral when your winning has got to be different.

Halo 09-30-2012 09:15 PM

Re: Are we just spoiled as fans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy Ron (Post 444907)
No way are winless with Payton here coaching. No way. We are almost winning games with a third string coach. We are basically coach less. Payton's not the reason we drop a lot of passes but the whole moral when your winning has got to be different.

Remember, Sean Payton marched the Saints to 0-6 in 2007 before the team got their first win. And the previous year we went deep into the playoffs too, NFCCG.

I do agree we almost won with a third string coach, but props goes out to Kromer. The Saints were competitive, were in strong position to win the game and the Packers are no slouch. We drop games with SP too and could have lost that game the same had he been here.

Though Drew was seriously in the game and Kromer put a fire under the o-line because they played so much better then in previous weeks.

The Saints looked like the Saints today.

st thomas 09-30-2012 09:16 PM

Re: Are we just spoiled as fans?
 
the refs almost goof to let us win. but then they realized that we could actually win that game is when the hocus pocus started in. give green bay the cryin towel of the month.

skymike 10-01-2012 04:59 AM

Re: Are we just spoiled as fans?
 
None of us over 20 are spoiled.

Crusader 10-01-2012 06:01 AM

Re: Are we just spoiled as fans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 444902)
All good points. With Payton we could likely be 4-0. I know our O-line would get its ass in gear and the drops would definitely stop, the play calling would improve.

Missing Sean Payton is reason number 1 that we're 0-4 right now, IMO.

I don't have any facts on this but didn't it feel like we had less drops when Curtis Johnson was the WR coach?

Danno 10-01-2012 07:53 AM

Re: Are we just spoiled as fans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by skymike (Post 444988)
None of us over 20 are spoiled.

My person favorite post of the week so far.

Danno 10-01-2012 07:54 AM

Re: Are we just spoiled as fans?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 444992)
I don't have any facts on this but didn't it feel like we had less drops when Curtis Johnson was the WR coach?

Absolutely. I have no facts to support it either other than we're currently dead last in the NFL with the most drops.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com