New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Questions from a Bolts fan (http://blackandgold.com/saints/51308-questions-bolts-fan.html)

Boltsfan619 10-01-2012 04:12 PM

Questions from a Bolts fan
 
I am a Chargers fan, I come in peace... I am not here to troll win or lose... just to get another fanbases perspective.

So as you probably know the Chargers are coming to your house for a prime time game next week. I like to get perspective from opposing teamís fans when I can find the time. Talking to only one fan base doesnít give a very unbiased perspective on coming games.

Despite living in the 24 hour news cycle the news seems to cycle through Brady, Manning, Tebow, the Packers, a few major plays, while almost never touching anything else for more then an on screen graphic that lasts for under 30 seconds... the same halfish hour of news repeated 48 times a day has made it hard for me to find any real perspective of the game on Sunday.

So I wanted to ask about your team.

I know the names of most of your stars... especially the ones that came from SD... but who do you guys talk a lot about that doesnít make noise on the national level but you expect to make an impact on Sunday?

Who are the contributors that while not stars, are important pieces of your team?

Any injuries that have changed the course of your season that I might not know about?

Sunday night should be interesting... Here is to a good injury free game!

dizzle88 10-01-2012 04:30 PM

Re: Questions from a Bolts fan
 
Hey thanks for joining and welcome to black and gold

Nice to see a friendly fan from another team

There a couple pieces that are vital to our teams performance, from my point of view we play best when;

Pierre Thomas gets into a rhythm, not sure if you've seen much of Pierre but when he runs he's like a pin ball, bounces off 3 tacklers at a time
In my opinion, getting Pierre going is vital for giving drew time back there, drew gets too much time and you know what happens to defenses

On defense, a lot of people asking for akiem hicks to get more playing time, whenever he's in the game he gets a great push and disrupts the pocket
What our team needs is a consistent pass rusher or someone that can even blow up run plays from D line, akiem hicks has showed promise that he can be that guy
Our defense is very bad so far, but we are gradually getting better;
Forced 4 turnovers in two weeks

So to cut a long story short - my opinion is Pierre Thomas on offense and akiem hicks on D

Same here here's to an injury free hard fought game!

How is meachem doing for you? I haven't been keeping track, I saw him catch a few deep passes

Boltsfan619 10-01-2012 04:43 PM

Re: Questions from a Bolts fan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzle88 (Post 445380)

How is meachem doing for you? I haven't been keeping track, I saw him catch a few deep passes

Thus far disappointing... while most fans who know the NFL well agree that keeping Vincent Jackson (our former #1 WR who is now with Tampa Bay) would have sent us to salary cap hell, Meachem has not impressed yet. He and Rivers (Starting QB) don't appear to have synced up despite Rivers claiming otherwise.

Our coach surely wanted to use him for the deep ball but Floyd is pretty good at that as well... and the Oline hasn't been wonderful but the return of Gaither (starting LT) could do a lot to fix that and make everyone on the offense look better then they have.

Stealthman 10-01-2012 04:50 PM

Re: Questions from a Bolts fan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltsfan619 (Post 445385)
Thus far disappointing... while most fans who know the NFL well agree that keeping Vincent Jackson (our former #1 WR who is now with Tampa Bay) would have sent us to salary cap hell, Meachem has not impressed yet. He and Rivers (Starting QB) don't appear to have synced up despite Rivers claiming otherwise.

Our coach surely wanted to use him for the deep ball but Floyd is pretty good at that as well... and the Oline hasn't been wonderful but the return of Gaither (starting LT) could do a lot to fix that and make everyone on the offense look better then they have.

Well, I hope that Rivers<>Meachem connection is out of sync for at least one more week!

This will be an important game for Sproles & Brees. Both of them will probably play a good game on Sunday. Brees is also looking to make history with one more TD pass.

Thanks for "coming in peace." You sounded like Buzz Lightyear.


Here's to a good game, bro!

dizzle88 10-01-2012 04:55 PM

Re: Questions from a Bolts fan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltsfan619 (Post 445385)
Thus far disappointing... while most fans who know the NFL well agree that keeping Vincent Jackson (our former #1 WR who is now with Tampa Bay) would have sent us to salary cap hell, Meachem has not impressed yet. He and Rivers (Starting QB) don't appear to have synced up despite Rivers claiming otherwise.

Our coach surely wanted to use him for the deep ball but Floyd is pretty good at that as well... and the Oline hasn't been wonderful but the return of Gaither (starting LT) could do a lot to fix that and make everyone on the offense look better then they have.

In all honesty, most fans on this site will tell you that is exactly what happened to meachem here

For roughly 3 games at a time he would disappear, no catches over the middle or anything and then out of nowhere he would have 100 yard receiving day

E.G Dallas 2010, meachems first catch of the game came in 4th quarter, 5 mins left for 50 yards

He can wow you sometimes and then he just disappears, your FO is good though and has knack for drafting talented players

Here's a friendly request - seen as every player we get from San Diego comes here and lights it up, can we have a defensive player? Lmao

Boltsfan619 10-01-2012 05:02 PM

Re: Questions from a Bolts fan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzle88 (Post 445390)
In all honesty, most fans on this site will tell you that is exactly what happened to meachem here

For roughly 3 games at a time he would disappear, no catches over the middle or anything and then out of nowhere he would have 100 yard receiving day

E.G Dallas 2010, meachems first catch of the game came in 4th quarter, 5 mins left for 50 yards

He can wow you sometimes and then he just disappears, your FO is good though and has knack for drafting talented players

Here's a friendly request - seen as every player we get from San Diego comes here and lights it up, can we have a defensive player? Lmao

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he your number 3? Wasn't he going on and off the field depending on the formation?

With the Chargers he is the #1/2 WR depending on who you ask (But a lot of plays are designed for the TE or RB) and will be on the field a lot more often then not.

dizzle88 10-01-2012 05:12 PM

Re: Questions from a Bolts fan
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltsfan619 (Post 445393)
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he your number 3? Wasn't he going on and off the field depending on the formation?

With the Chargers he is the #1/2 WR depending on who you ask (But a lot of plays are designed for the TE or RB) and will be on the field a lot more often then not.

Yeah your absolutely right, but we don't really have number 1, number 2 or number 3 receivers, as you said based on the formation we subbed the personell in there

Plus since 2009, we spreaded out 4 wide more often that not so meachem was on the field quite a lot
Since 2006 there has only ever been one receiver in our offense that gets 1000 yards every season and that's colston, just because of how reliable and the type of player he is
You are correct though, for a number 2 receiver you expect big production and sounds like he hasn't got in a rhythm so far

I think rivers and meachem will develop that though, just hopefully not against us lol

Seer1 10-01-2012 06:03 PM

Re: Questions from a Bolts fan
 
It's hard to really put a number on our receivers here. Drew's number one is quite often whoever's open. He has a lot of faith in whoever's on the field on that play. That doesn't always pan out, but it does pay off more often than not. We are having our issues in a lot of areas this year, but every game seems to be getting closer to good. I'd say the real contributors are going to be the guys on the sidelines. Can our OC finally figure out how to get the second half adjustments dialed in? Can we fool Norv into thinking it's a late season or playoff game? (No offense there, but you've been living with that one there for a while.) Can our DC be talked into blitzing just a little bit more? We'll have our hands full with you guys and cheers to an injury free game!

QBREES9 10-01-2012 07:12 PM

Re: Questions from a Bolts fan
 
Wheres bolts4life

cars4dylan 10-01-2012 08:36 PM

Re: Questions from a Bolts fan
 
Meachem and Henderson were interchangeable almost, going deep and burning DBs who snuck up too close to the line.

Morgan and Henderson should be in that role now and hopefully this week served notice that Morgan will be able to do more the same as the season roles along.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com