New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Saints front office looking like geniuses (http://blackandgold.com/saints/5132-saints-front-office-looking-like-geniuses.html)

GumboBC 08-08-2004 08:28 AM

Saints front office looking like geniuses
 
Saints officials looking personnel smart
Sunday, August 08, 2004
Jeff Duncan
Jake Delhomme and La'Roi Glover, consider your careers on Red Alert status.

If recent events are an indicator, every ex-Saint in the league might want to double-check their pension plans:


-- The Green Bay Packers release injury-riddled defensive end Joe Johnson, who fails to catch on with another club.

-- A blood clot is discovered in a lung of Baltimore Ravens cornerback Dale Carter. He is prescribed blood thinners and has to miss the season.

-- Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams retires from the NFL to pursue the high life.

-- Rams tackle Kyle Turley re-injures his back and says the injury might be career-threatening.

Also, linebackers Charlie Clemons and Keith Mitchell, stalwarts on the 2000 NFC West Division title team, were jettisoned by the Texans and Jaguars, respectively, and are out of football.

Read More

CheramieIII 08-08-2004 12:22 PM

Saints front office looking like geniuses
 
Thanks for the post Gumbo. What I took from the article more than anything else was the proposed trade for McKenzie. I don\'t mean to keep beating a deadhorse, but when we finally get around to offering them a 2nd round pick plus Smith, the will bite and bite real hard.



bayouking318 08-08-2004 05:41 PM

Saints front office looking like geniuses
 
Quote:

What I took from the article more than anything else was the proposed trade for McKenzie. I don\'t mean to keep beating a deadhorse, but when we finally get around to offering them a 2nd round pick plus Smith, the will bite and bite real hard.


I say forget bout McKenzie. He will be a cancer on this team IMOP. If they are going to spend alot a money on a corner i will prefer it be a corner like McCalister. If he was traded to the saints he will still holdout unless he is paid what he think he is worth which I wouldn\'t consider on paying since he will be under contract for 3 years. Plus they\'re alot of quality corners coming out next year draft that could be probably picked up with that second rd. pick( Bryant McFadden, Lamont Reid, Justin Miller,Dustin Fox,etc)

turbo_dog 08-08-2004 09:42 PM

Saints front office looking like geniuses
 
Quote:


I say forget bout McKenzie. He will be a cancer on this team IMOP. If they are going to spend alot a money on a corner i will prefer it be a corner like McCalister. If he was traded to the saints he will still holdout unless he is paid what he think he is worth which I wouldn\'t consider on paying since he will be under contract for 3 years. Plus they\'re alot of quality corners coming out next year draft that could be probably picked up with that second rd. pick( Bryant McFadden, Lamont Reid, Justin Miller,Dustin Fox,etc)
Umm, have you paid attention to the last two drafts? There have been some fine corners, we just don\'t pick them.

GumboBC 08-08-2004 09:57 PM

Saints front office looking like geniuses
 
Quote:

Umm, have you paid attention to the last two drafts? There have been some fine corners, we just don\'t pick them.
And why would they? We needed help on the D-line in 2002 and 2003. Now, if you think stopping the pass is more important than stopping the run, well........ let\'s just say we disagree. I think Charles Grant is going to be a great DE. Who knows about Sully, but they desperately needed a DT.

This year which CB would you have taken where the Saints picked? If you want to talk about free-agency, that\'s a different story. ;)

bayouking318 08-09-2004 12:05 AM

Saints front office looking like geniuses
 
Quote:

[quote:b319a27a89]

This year which CB would you have taken where the Saints picked? If you want to talk about free-agency, that\'s a different story. ;)

To answer that question i would\'ve traded down my 1st rd pick with miami for a 1st & 4th rd pick. We still could\'ve pick Will Smith or at worst pick Kenechi Udeze and used that fourth rd pick on M. Waddell


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com