Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Radical Even Chris Collinsworth said in the video that he wasn't launching. Launching is when a player leaves both of his feet, and Dunta never did that. I suggest reading up on the rules before you spout ...

Like Tree57Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #111
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,578
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Radical View Post
Even Chris Collinsworth said in the video that he wasn't launching. Launching is when a player leaves both of his feet, and Dunta never did that. I suggest reading up on the rules before you spout off and make yourself look ignorant.
It's funny, you're arguing something that the NFL deemed illegal and Dunta was and has been fined numerous times for... But keep quoting Chris Collinsworth and calling others ignorant
saintfan likes this.
|Mitch| is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 10-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #112
Falcons Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 148
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint View Post
Lemme see if I've got this straight...You'll twist yourself into a knot trying to deny and distort the illegal cheap shots from Dunta even when it's in a video that we call all see,
but...

But you want us to believe that if the league accused your players of trying to injure players when there was no proof or even injuries, you'd just calmly accept that.

Yeah, I believe that.
Twist myself into a knot?

1. Defenseless receiver rules are ridiculous. It simply isn't something a defender can adjust to, and it isn't something a coach can prepare for outside of telling his guys not to hit players when they catch the ball. Any coach who says he tells his guys not to hit receivers coming down with a ball or going for a catch should be fired on the spot.

2. Against Jackson, the initial contact was with his shoulder, there wasn't helmet to helmet contact, and he didn't launch himself while making the tackle. Jackson had both feet on the ground with the ball when the hit was made. The penalty was for hitting a defenseless receiver, nothing else. You want my opinion on that, please see #1.

3. Against Maclin, initial contact was made by Dunta with his helmet when Maclin turned and was clipped on the chin, otherwise it would have been initial contact with his shoulder. Is it dumb for Robinson to put his head down when he does this? Yes. However, he's done this numerous times against other ball carriers and it's always a shoulder tackle.

For the fans, by the fans. - AtlantaFalconsTalk
Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #113
Falcons Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 148
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
It's funny, you're arguing something that the NFL deemed illegal and Dunta was and has been fined numerous times for... But keep quoting Chris Collinsworth and calling others ignorant
Show me Dunta launching, or the NFL saying that he launched. I'll wait.
Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #114
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,578
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Radical View Post
Show me Dunta launching, or the NFL saying that he launched. I'll wait.
Did you not watch the video or read the article? You're more ignorant than I first thought!
|Mitch| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #115
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,588
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Radical View Post
Even Chris Collinsworth said in the video that he wasn't launching. Launching is when a player leaves both of his feet, and Dunta never did that. I suggest reading up on the rules before you spout off and make yourself look ignorant.
You're saying those hits were legal and you think HE looks ignorant?

That's funny.
Utah_Saint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #116
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,588
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Radical View Post
Twist myself into a knot?

1. Defenseless receiver rules are ridiculous. It simply isn't something a defender can adjust to, and it isn't something a coach can prepare for outside of telling his guys not to hit players when they catch the ball. Any coach who says he tells his guys not to hit receivers coming down with a ball or going for a catch should be fired on the spot.

2. Against Jackson, the initial contact was with his shoulder, there wasn't helmet to helmet contact, and he didn't launch himself while making the tackle. Jackson had both feet on the ground with the ball when the hit was made. The penalty was for hitting a defenseless receiver, nothing else. You want my opinion on that, please see #1.

3. Against Maclin, initial contact was made by Dunta with his helmet when Maclin turned and was clipped on the chin, otherwise it would have been initial contact with his shoulder. Is it dumb for Robinson to put his head down when he does this? Yes. However, he's done this numerous times against other ball carriers and it's always a shoulder tackle.
Yeah, that's the twisting I was talking about.
saintfan likes this.
Utah_Saint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #117
Falcons Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 148
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
he never launched? Come on, dude. The video is posted a few posts above.

I am not denying, twisting, distorting anything, but you keep going on with the pay-to-injure comments, and the "if there's money involved, then there's intent to injure" thing, which is not correct. As I stated posts ago, whether there is a token reward or not, football players are going to hit other football players as hard as they can, and this will result in injuries, whether there is an intent to injure or not; that is the nature of the game. There is no hitting harder because you can get a token reward afterwards. A legal hit is not made an illegal hit because you can get a token reward afterwards.

On the other hand, when a player keeps on delivering vicious illegal hits which are flagged on the spot then heavily fined, with the HC stating that's what he teaches, one can easily argue actual intent to injure is present.

As for the money pools, they have been around football since forever. Known fact, corroborated by a large number of high-profile ex-players (current players are not going to open their mouths, obviously), just about all teams in the NFL have one/had one. Yes, they are against the rules, and no one around here is denying the money pool existed, or would have any issue with it being punished, had they been punished for what they are, money pools, and not some nefarious hitman contract fund like Goodell made it out to be.
The "token reward," or whatever you want to call it, IS ILLEGAL. If you are paying for people to cause injuries, then that establishes intent. If I put money up for someone to kill someone, and that person ends up dead, guess what? Now I know you're not going to tell me that between late 09 and when this broke that no one was ever injured during a Saints game huh? Sitting around and going, "well everyone else does it" doesn't change that it's illegal. If other teams get caught, then they'll be punished too.
Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #118
Falcons Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 148
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Did you not watch the video or read the article? You're more ignorant than I first thought!
Not once did Dunta leave both his feet while making either tackle. Do you want me to draw you a picture?
Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #119
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,578
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Radical View Post
Not once did Dunta leave both his feet while making either tackle. Do you want me to draw you a picture?
NFL deemed the hits Dunta was fined for "illegal" Who cares if they were "launching"...

And 2 players were knocked out of the game against the Saints; Favre who already had a hurt ankle prior to the game and came back a series later...

And Kurt Warner, who tried to tackle a defender who intercepted the ball and McCray blocked him...

That's the only 2 from the playoffs in '09 to this year, what's your point?
|Mitch| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #120
Falcons Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 148
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint View Post
You're saying those hits were legal and you think HE looks ignorant?

That's funny.
Where did I say they were legal by NFL rules?
Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/51771-nfl-re-issues-bounty-discipline-updated.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED** This thread Refback 10-09-2012 04:38 PM 10
NFL re-issues bounty discipline This thread Refback 10-09-2012 03:35 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts