Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper Jesus.. you kidding right? Attempted murder is illegal. Murder is illegal. Hitting someone as hard as you can in a football game within the established rules and probably causing an injury is NOT ILLEGAL. That's the ...

Like Tree57Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #151
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,919
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
Jesus.. you kidding right?
Attempted murder is illegal.
Murder is illegal.
Hitting someone as hard as you can in a football game within the established rules and probably causing an injury is NOT ILLEGAL. That's the freaking game of football.

As for lack of injuries not disproving anything, how can you pay money for injuring someone, if no one gets injured?

But, it is my fault. I keep on typing and typing, and all I get back is "We know the organization and players wanted to injure players, otherwise people wouldn't be offering money to do it". I should have known better.

You just keep on posting pictures of Dunta Robinson's illegal hits and keep telling us how they aren't illegal.
Now you understand what I have put up with on the AFT board over these last seven months. Heck, Radical is one of the more rational among them.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Latest Blogs
Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 10-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #152
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,387
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Now you understand what I have put up with on the AFT board over these last seven months. Heck, Radical is one of the more rational among them.
Given the sample, that isn't exactly what one would call an "endorsement" of that site.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #153
Falcons Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 148
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
I agree on 1. Indifferent on 2.

#3 however.... "otherwise" has no place in this... My aunt didn't have balls, otherwise she would have been my uncle.

Have you played much of the game? At no level is dropping your head before a tackle coached, condoned, or legal. When you say he has done it numerous times, your are basically saying he has attempted to spear numerous times.

Dropping your head before contact is a recipe for spinal injury, broken neck, missing a tackle because you took your eyes off the ball carrier. Dropping the head is using the helmet as a weapon, regardless of where it strikes or if the pads hit first. Its spearing and there is no way around that.

Argue this point: I will bet you he doesn't drop his head in practice when he tackles.... Because he has a different intent in practice than he does in a game. If he dropped his head in practice for a tackle someone would whip his ass.
I've seem him do the exact move in practice, albeit rarely. It is poor form and dumb on his part, but when he connects cleanly it's always a shoulder tackle. I wouldn't be arguing this if I hadn't seen Dunta do that exact move many times to different ball carriers and it always result in a shoulder tackle.
Radical is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #154
Falcons Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 148
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
Jesus.. you kidding right?
Attempted murder is illegal.
Murder is illegal.
Hitting someone as hard as you can in a football game within the established rules and probably causing an injury is NOT ILLEGAL. That's the freaking game of football.

As for lack of injuries not disproving anything, how can you pay money for injuring someone, if no one gets injured?

But, it is my fault. I keep on typing and typing, and all I get back is "We know the organization and players wanted to injure players, otherwise people wouldn't be offering money to do it". I should have known better.

You just keep on posting pictures of Dunta Robinson's illegal hits and keep telling us how they aren't illegal.
Were the Saints not paying for "cart-offs?" If you're putting up money for injuries, that's showing intent, and just because they may not have succeeded in causing injuries, doesn't mean they cannot be punished for displaying intent to do so.

Never said that Dunta's hits weren't illegal, but it is a fact that he did not launch. Outside of clipping Maclin's chin, both hits were illegal because he was called for hitting a defenseless receiver, which I've already explained that I think it's a BS rule that can't be effectively coached.

For the fans, by the fans. - AtlantaFalconsTalk
Radical is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #155
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,993
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Where have you seen any evidence where the Saints were being paid for cart-offs?

Seems to me you take what ESPN says as the gospel...
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #156
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,919
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Radical View Post
Were the Saints not paying for "cart-offs?" If you're putting up money for injuries, that's showing intent, and just because they may not have succeeded in causing injuries, doesn't mean they cannot be punished for displaying intent to do so.

Never said that Dunta's hits weren't illegal, but it is a fact that he did not launch. Outside of clipping Maclin's chin, both hits were illegal because he was called for hitting a defenseless receiver, which I've already explained that I think it's a BS rule that can't be effectively coached.
"Cartoff" was a term used by Gregg Williams to mean a player that missed a play because of a hard legal hit. This has been supported by Vitt and several other players.

Once again, open your totally closed mind and realize that they were not putting up money for injuries. They were putting up money as a part of the overall pay for performance plan, that reward for large hits that could cause a player to miss a play or even the rest of the game. It specifically stated that it had to be a legal hit (upon review from the league) and not result in a penalty by that player or any other on the same play. It also was dependent upon them winning the game.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #157
Falcons Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 148
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
"Cartoff" was a term used by Gregg Williams to mean a player that missed a play because of a hard legal hit. This has been supported by Vitt and several other players.

Once again, open your totally closed mind and realize that they were not putting up money for injuries. They were putting up money as a part of the overall pay for performance plan, that reward for large hits that could cause a player to miss a play or even the rest of the game. It specifically stated that it had to be a legal hit (upon review from the league) and not result in a penalty by that player or any other on the same play. It also was dependent upon them winning the game.
Well Mitch says that cart-off was never used, but your very post says it. "Large hit that caused a player to miss a play or even the rest of thee game." That's paying for injuring other players, hence the punishments.
Radical is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #158
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,237
Blog Entries: 5
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Radical View Post
Well Mitch says that cart-off was never used, but your very post says it. "Large hit that caused a player to miss a play or even the rest of thee game." That's paying for injuring other players, hence the punishments.
Roger? Is that you?
saintfan is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #159
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,815
Blog Entries: 3
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

/ Picard facepalm
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #160
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Radical View Post
I've seem him do the exact move in practice, albeit rarely. It is poor form and dumb on his part, but when he connects cleanly it's always a shoulder tackle. I wouldn't be arguing this if I hadn't seen Dunta do that exact move many times to different ball carriers and it always result in a shoulder tackle.
Oh... you watch the practices now... Must be an insider.
TheOak is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/51771-nfl-re-issues-bounty-discipline-updated.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED** This thread Refback 10-09-2012 05:38 PM 10
NFL re-issues bounty discipline This thread Refback 10-09-2012 04:35 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts