Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by AsylumGuido There has never been denying that there were payments for hard hits (cartoffs & knockouts). That does not mean anyone admitted to bounties (pay to injure/intent to injure). BIG difference. MOOT they are ALL suspended for ...

Like Tree57Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #31
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,158
Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
There has never been denying that there were payments for hard hits (cartoffs & knockouts). That does not mean anyone admitted to bounties (pay to injure/intent to injure). BIG difference.
MOOT they are ALL suspended for Conduct Detrimental now.

Bounty/PFP/Nose hair.... Doesn't matter.

However for the sake of your argument. Please clarify the difference between injure and having to be taken off the field on a cart.
TheOak is online now   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth




Old 10-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #32
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 16,623
Blog Entries: 26
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #33
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,520
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by Srgt. Hulka View Post
If this is true, Vitt might be the next cart-off.
There is nothing new, Sarge. Vitt said there was a pay for performance program as he has stated since day one. There was one. But, he has continued to vehemently deny there was ever any program that had anything to do with intent to injure. Vitt is a good guy in all of this. A VERY good guy.
SaintsBro likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #34
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,520
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
MOOT they are ALL suspended for Conduct Detrimental now.

Bounty/PFP/Nose hair.... Doesn't matter.

However for the sake of your argument. Please clarify the difference between injure and having to be taken off the field on a cart.
They had a program which included a reward for a player missing time in a game due a hard legal hit. A pay to injure program implies intent to injure. A pay for performance program simply rewarded, albeit still against the rules, a legal hit that resulted in a player leaving the game for a play or more. BIG difference there. The first implies targeting players, while the second describes players getting extra compensation for doing their job, albeit still against the rules.
SaintsBro likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #35
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,520
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
MOOT they are ALL suspended for Conduct Detrimental now.

Bounty/PFP/Nose hair.... Doesn't matter.

However for the sake of your argument. Please clarify the difference between injure and having to be taken off the field on a cart.
But, it does matter. Because now the Vilma vs. Goodell suit can continue. Greeg Williams and Mike Cerullo have been served subpenas and must undergo direct examination by Vilma's attorney. Goodell had fought this tooth and nail, but later this evening I will try to post my theory on why this now may have changed.

By the way, that is called a tease.

TheOak likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #36
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,520
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

And by the way, there has been no new information released today that wasn't already known. Nothing has changed beyond a couple of reduced suspensions.
SaintsBro likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #37
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,158
Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
And by the way, there has been no new information released today that wasn't already known. Nothing has changed beyond a couple of reduced suspensions.
That is correct!

Honesty at this point I don't care what happens. Vilma is not healthy enough to play and Smith plays like he isn't healthy.

The team just doesn't need the distraction any more.
TheOak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #38
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,520
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
That is correct!

Honesty at this point I don't care what happens. Vilma is not healthy enough to play and Smith plays like he isn't healthy.

The team just doesn't need the distraction any more.
While this is true, Vilma also needs redemption and Goodell needs to be crucified and that can only happen if this all continues in court.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #39
"Do Your Job!!"
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 1,712
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
That is correct!

Honesty at this point I don't care what happens. Vilma is not healthy enough to play and Smith plays like he isn't healthy.

The team just doesn't need the distraction any more.
I find myself feeling the same way. I want Vilma to stick it to the a hole just because he is a douche. Other than that, we need to move on.
CharityMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #40
Falcons Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 148
Re: NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED**

You still haven't explained to me Guido the difference between paying to injure and paying for cart-offs. I've never seen a non-injured player get carted off the field. It's like if I told you I was going to have you put in a body bag, but denying that it means I'm going to have you killed.
Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/51771-nfl-re-issues-bounty-discipline-updated.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
NFL re-issues bounty discipline**UPDATED** This thread Refback 10-09-2012 04:38 PM 10
NFL re-issues bounty discipline This thread Refback 10-09-2012 03:35 PM 7


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts