Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Mid Season Evaluation

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I was going to reply to a few threads that all touch on different items but figured the over all theme was a reevaluation of our Saints. This is not for the weak at heart. Leadership: Drew is the best ...

Like Tree4Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Mid Season Evaluation

I was going to reply to a few threads that all touch on different items but figured the over all theme was a reevaluation of our Saints.

This is not for the weak at heart.

Leadership:

Drew is the best leader we have... Until Sean steps on the field Drew is the leader... While that sounds like I am blaming him.. I am not... Sadly enough Drew brees is in no position to lead in the places we need leadership the most. Far too many of our coaches have been made to look brilliant because of Sean Payton. It is a coaches job to LEAD. This points to Loomis, who should now see that you cant build a team on only 2 leaders. Some of our coaches need to be upgraded. It is pretty evident that Sean Payton has carried everyone in a position of leadership/coach/GM... Sean being so strong has allowed Loomis to assemble a bunch of dolts we call coaches. Yes, I am very hard on the coaches, they cant keep the team focused, they cant keep the team motivated.... MOST of our losses since 2009 have come because we walked on the field flat and unmotivated.. Not because the other team was better than we were.

Joe Vitt
Ill start with Vitt.. (let the hate start, it is what it is)... Joe Vitt has been in the league since 1979. If you cant be a halfazzed HC after 33 years its time to go, if you are an assistant Head Coach and do not have the qualities to be a HC then you have no business being an AHC.. You failed miserably against the Broncos. You sat and watched games for 7 weeks and on week 8 you showed up for work and didn't change a thing. Zero leadership.

I am no coach but here is something you need to see, your time management is horrible for someone that has 33 years in this league. Why in the hell did you not use your time outs before the 1/2 in the Denver game to try and get in position to at least kick a fieldgoal before the 1/2? You frikken quit on us also, you accepted going into the lockeroom down by 10, knowing that you were kicking off to Denver after 1/2 time and couldn't stop Manning.

Dan Darlymple
Out strength and conditioning are poor. You need to go. We are weak for the most part and slow. Players are possibly quitting in the middle of plays because they are just not ready to play all out for 60 minutes.

Ken Flajole
Our secondary SUCKS... You were brought in by Spags, after 35 years in the league if you are still riding someone elses coat tails you need to go.

Steve Spagnuola
Only because of his lack of leadership. We have defensive players quitting in the middle of plays and not one of them has yet to be benched. This is unfrikken acceptable, lack of skill is one thing but NO ONE should be quitting in the middle of plays and 1/2 azzing it.

Henry Ellard
Too many drops, you have to go.

Aaron Kromer
You have offensive linemen quitting during plays. You have been refocused on the line now and have 1 week to fix it or you need to go.

Defense:
As someone pointed out Spags has issues AND the players have issues. Coaches by nature are hardheaded, especially if they have had any success.

Spags knows but doesn't want to come to terms with the fact that he doesn't have the right personnel for "his way". He NEEDs to find something that will work with what he has, or go somewhere else that has what he needs. I suggest you run at a 3-4 for the next few games since you cant get penetration anyway, you may as well reinforce our backfield. One more linebacker couldn't possibly hurt, and losing a lineman couldn't possibly open us up to more run yardage.

Williams had success not because of his abilities or the abilities of his personnel but because he won before the snap, he ALWAYS kept QBs guessing. With the exception of the 4 down linemen everyone else was constantly moving around like jumping beans before the snap.

You do not line up across from Payton Manning and run with what you have before the snap... he is cerebral and will pick you apart like he did last night.

NOT Spags fault. This is what he was given.
White/Smith/Robertson/Patrick/Greer/Harper need to go. I have seen each of them stand around and give up on plays. At this point, I want to see ALL of them traded away for players that may be a little less talented but give 100% and do not quit.

After week 8 we have made every single Qb except for Castle and Rivers look like Payton Manning, and we have made every teams key back look like Adrien Peterson.

Offense
:

What can I say but our Line is most of the problem. If we cant block, we cant run, if we cant run we cant set up the pass...screen.... basically everything we have the tools to do.

Its rotational groundhog day watching this offense 50% of the game... Dropped pass, stuffed run, penalty, punt.
Run for 3 yards, penalty, dropped pass, punt.
Dropped pass, run for 3 yards, dropped pass, punt.

You might look good in the productivity stats but 30th in the league at time of possession is horrendous.


As a Team:

Our strength is our offense, if the defense cant get off the field and force turn overs and or punts, and the offense cant find a way to be less predictable once they get the ball our best weapon stays on the bench. No need to lose the rest of the games to get a better spot in the draft... you cant draft your self out of this.

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Like and vote https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charl...44287815781246
TheOak is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 10-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Mid Season Evaluation

I have to add one more excuse that has been repetitively used.. admittedly by my self as well...


Our Defense is as horrible as it is because we have a new Defensive coordinator.

The Denver Broncos have had a NEW Defensive Coordinator for what... 6 years in a row now? Only in 2010 were they less than 20th.

They stuffed our azzes last night with a ... wait for it... BRAND NEW Defensive Coordinator.



BUSTED!
TheOak is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
"Do Your Job!!"
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 1,797
Re: Mid Season Evaluation

What the real kick in the sack is the fact that Kromer went back to coaching the line and yet our O line had Drew running around the entire game. The run game looked aweful. I was to the point of saying screw the run, pass the ball. Our O-line obviously does not want to run block this year. We go from 6th in rushing last year to last place this year with the only change being Nicks.
CharityMike is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,105
Re: Mid Season Evaluation

Originally Posted by CharityMike View Post
What the real kick in the sack is the fact that Kromer went back to coaching the line and yet our O line had Drew running around the entire game. The run game looked aweful. I was to the point of saying screw the run, pass the ball. Our O-line obviously does not want to run block this year. We go from 6th in rushing last year to last place this year with the only change being Nicks.
I remember we were at mid-field tied at 7.

1st and ten - PT rushes for 8 yards
2nd and two - Pass incomplete
3rd and two - Pass incomplete
4th and two - Pass intercepted
Wow.
Danno is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 4,693
Re: Mid Season Evaluation

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I remember we were at mid-field tied at 7.

1st and ten - PT rushes for 8 yards
2nd and two - Pass incomplete
3rd and two - Pass incomplete
4th and two - Pass intercepted
Wow.
yeah i remember that, I thought for sure on 3rd we would give ingram a run, he was slowly getting going

on 3rd i said to myself its going to be the roll out pass to moore, and it was, if i knew what the playcall was, the broncos obviously did

thats how predictable we have become
st thomas likes this.
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,861
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Mid Season Evaluation

I would add to the list of complaints from last night....

there was no reason Drew should have been in that game, taking hits and getting thrown to the turf, with the score at 31-7 with 5:27 to play. No reason.

I'm not saying play Chase the rest of the year...but at Drew's age you HAVE to look at it like, Drew only has so many times left in his body that he can get thrown down and pounded into the turf like that. It's a finite number of hits he can take, and it's counting down. With that arm and shoulder of his, his overall pitch count is eventually going to be come a longterm concern, as well. Don't waste them.
neugey and RailBoss like this.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Mid Season Evaluation

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
I would add to the list of complaints from last night....

there was no reason Drew should have been in that game, taking hits and getting thrown to the turf, with the score at 31-7 with 5:27 to play. No reason.

I'm not saying play Chase the rest of the year...but at Drew's age you HAVE to look at it like, Drew only has so many times left in his body that he can get thrown down and pounded into the turf like that. It's a finite number of hits he can take, and it's counting down. With that arm and shoulder of his, his overall pitch count is eventually going to be come a longterm concern, as well. Don't waste them.
Did you listen to the commentary from the guys in the booth?

Drew was asked why Sproles being as productive as he is is not on the field with the ball for more plays.. Drew's reply was because "we do not want to put unneeded wear and tare on him"...

Looks like no one is looking out for Drew.
TheOak is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Mid Season Evaluation

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
yeah i remember that, I thought for sure on 3rd we would give ingram a run, he was slowly getting going

on 3rd i said to myself its going to be the roll out pass to moore, and it was, if i knew what the playcall was, the broncos obviously did

thats how predictable we have become
Bingo! The moral of the story is that he may not get but 2 yards per carry but its almost a guaranteed 2 yards per carry LOL.

Ivory would have made a difference also.
TheOak is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #9
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,307
Re: Mid Season Evaluation

Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
I have to add one more excuse that has been repetitively used.. admittedly by my self as well...


Our Defense is as horrible as it is because we have a new Defensive coordinator.

The Denver Broncos have had a NEW Defensive Coordinator for what... 6 years in a row now? Only in 2010 were they less than 20th.

They stuffed our azzes last night with a ... wait for it... BRAND NEW Defensive Coordinator.



BUSTED!
Yes, but you have a defensive minded head coach in John Fox who is in his second year with Jack Del Rio being DC who was also DC for Fox in Carolina for a while so I'm sure Denver's D has a lot of influence from Fox not to mention better talent.
FinSaint likes this.
Budsdrinker is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Mid Season Evaluation

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
Yes, but you have a defensive minded head coach in John Fox who is in his second year with Jack Del Rio being DC who was also DC for Fox in Carolina for a while so I'm sure Denver's D has a lot of influence from Fox not to mention better talent.
Which has little to do with the players catching on and playing.

Explain the other 4 years with a new DC and decent defense?

6 years... Denver has had 6 new Defensive Coordinators... One every year.

Only one year were they crappy.

Myth about being crappy because we have a new DC.. Busted!
TheOak is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/52397-mid-season-evaluation.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Mid Season Evaluation This thread Refback 10-29-2012 10:34 AM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts