Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Sources: Saints owner considering making Sean Payton highest-paid coach in NFL

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Seer1 Since his contract's been voided, can other teams talk to Sean about a contract right now? And is Benson forbidden from doing it since Payton can have no contact with the Saints? We're the only ones ...

Like Tree7Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #21
Threaded by NuNu318
100th Post
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 466

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
Since his contract's been voided, can other teams talk to Sean about a contract right now? And is Benson forbidden from doing it since Payton can have no contact with the Saints?
We're the only ones that can talk to him at this time....no other team can talk to him until Roger reinstates him and determines What his contract status (whether this suspended year tolls and he has to fufill the last yr of his contract in the 2013-14 season or whether he's FA).
Views: 1929
Old 11-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
Mrs. Drew Brees
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Who Dat Nation (by way of South Dakota)
Posts: 2,283
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Sources: Saints owner considering making Sean Payton highest-paid coach in NFL

Pay Da Man!
Halo, pherein and onebyone like this.
breesfan27 is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #23
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 11,119
Blog Entries: 43
Re: Sources: Saints owner considering making Sean Payton highest-paid coach in NFL

Originally Posted by breesfan27 View Post
Pay Da Man!
You can say that again. I want this DONE!
Halo is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #24
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,781
Re: Sources: Saints owner considering making Sean Payton highest-paid coach in NFL

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
Since his contract's been voided, can other teams talk to Sean about a contract right now? And is Benson forbidden from doing it since Payton can have no contact with the Saints?
His contract "extension" was voided. He is still under contract through the Super Bowl. Nobody can talk to him other than the Saints for the next three months.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #25
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lafayette, La and Hong Kong China
Posts: 60
Re: Sources: Saints owner considering making Sean Payton highest-paid coach in NFL

Money Talks and BS Walks!!!!!!!!!
WW_Who_Dat is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #26
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,897
Re: Sources: Saints owner considering making Sean Payton highest-paid coach in NFL

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
His contract "extension" was voided. He is still under contract through the Super Bowl. Nobody can talk to him other than the Saints for the next three months.

But he is not allowed to have any contact with the franchise until after the Super Bowl... at least according to how things stand at the moment, but I guess Roger could allow them to have contract talks?!

It just seems that this is just another way to punish the franchise, and that to me seems hardly justifiable given all the punishments already given and, on the other hand, given that there hasn't yet been any concrete evidence presented - at least to the public.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,781
Re: Sources: Saints owner considering making Sean Payton highest-paid coach in NFL

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
But he is not allowed to have any contact with the franchise until after the Super Bowl... at least according to how things stand at the moment, but I guess Roger could allow them to have contract talks?!

It just seems that this is just another way to punish the franchise, and that to me seems hardly justifiable given all the punishments already given and, on the other hand, given that there hasn't yet been any concrete evidence presented - at least to the public.
The league office has given them verbal approval to be able to get together to work out the contract, but Payton and Loomis have requested approval in written form to cover their butts. For some reason they don't trust Goodell. Go figure.

breesfan27 and FinSaint like this.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #28
11-5
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 2,567
Re: Sources: Saints owner considering making Sean Payton highest-paid coach in NFL

Choke on that ESPN, Mike and Mike, Dan Patrick and any other media slap nut that has already jumped to 2013 and had Sean in Dallas
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #29
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,138
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Sources: Saints owner considering making Sean Payton highest-paid coach in NFL

And the bonus should be the same amount of money he would have been paid this year...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #30
11-5
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 2,567
Re: Sources: Saints owner considering making Sean Payton highest-paid coach in NFL

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
The league office has given them verbal approval to be able to get together to work out the contract, but Payton and Loomis have requested approval in written form to cover their butts. For some reason they don't trust Goodell. Go figure.

I don't blame then for wanting it in writing just in case he tries to pull some more ego driven, back ass wards stuff down the road to hose them again
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/52610-sources-saints-owner-considering-making-sean-payton-highest-paid-coach-nfl.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Sources: Saints owner considering making Sean Payton highest-paid coach in NFL This thread Refback 11-06-2012 02:21 PM 8


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts