Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Interception #2

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by CharityMike How far you think Sproles would have got with how open he was? Further then what Colston would have gotten had he made the catch...

Like Tree34Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #41
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,265
Re: Interception #2

Originally Posted by CharityMike View Post
How far you think Sproles would have got with how open he was?
Further then what Colston would have gotten had he made the catch
Budsdrinker is online now  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #42
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 1,461
Re: Interception #2

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
Look how wide open Sproles is. It goes back to Drew wanting to force everything down field instead of taking what's there.
I'm sure he just didn't see the lil fella...
Jamessr is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #43
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,550
Re: Interception #2

Originally Posted by xan View Post
You have to watch video, not gamecast. text alerts don't usually capture how athletic Colston is.

But seriously, there are like 20 websites devoted to video of him catching balls across the middle and taking huge hits simultaneously. Brees likes to throw the ball high, so most of Colston's receptions are usually helmet level and above. He can't have much sinovial fluid left in his joints from the pounding.
Saw all of them and they don't come close to as great a catch as that would have been.
Danno is online now  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #44
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,549
Re: Interception #2

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
Look how wide open Sproles is. It goes back to Drew wanting to force everything down field instead of taking what's there.
Look at Drew getting pulverized just as he releases the ball. It goes back to being on the field and making split second decisions while getting the crap pounded out of you by three hundred pound behemoths rather than watching a slo-mo gif three days after the fact from the comfort of your living room.
Boutte is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #45
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,549
Re: Interception #2

Colston is as tough as they come but he decided to live to fight another day on that one. He got both hands on the ball but he knew what was going to happen and decided that some things are more important than catching a pass. I'm glad he did. I'd rather have Colston for the rest of the season than win a football game.
Jamessr and Shoe. like this.
Boutte is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #46
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 1,461
Re: Interception #2

Originally Posted by Boutte View Post
Colston is as tough as they come but he decided to live to fight another day on that one. He got both hands on the ball but he knew what was going to happen and decided that some things are more important than catching a pass. I'm glad he did. I'd rather have Colston for the rest of the season than win a football game.
Exactly!
Jamessr is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #47
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,756
Re: Interception #2

The "catch" is... with or with out the ball he is taking that same exact hit... I would rather take the hit with the ball than for nothing.
xan and CharityMike like this.
TheOak is online now  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #48
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 1,461
Re: Interception #2

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
The "catch" is... with or with out the ball he is taking that same exact hit... I would rather take the hit with the ball than for nothing.
So you'd be fine with Drew Brees making a completion and taking a hard hit everytime too? Or would you prefer him to play another down?
I get you you think he should of made the catch.. I see in the small window yeah he heard footsteps knew he was defensless and decided the ball wasn't worth it. When it went thru his hand he was already considering how he was going to fall.
I just can't see how people are blaming him for not catching it...

Life after football means alot
Jamessr is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #49
DAMMIT BOY!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint Louis, MO, via S'port LA
Posts: 191
Re: Interception #2

Originally Posted by Jamessr View Post
So you'd be fine with Drew Brees making a completion and taking a hard hit everytime too? Or would you prefer him to play another down?
I get you you think he should of made the catch.. I see in the small window yeah he heard footsteps knew he was defensless and decided the ball wasn't worth it. When it went thru his hand he was already considering how he was going to fall.
I just can't see how people are blaming him for not catching it...

Life after football means alot
And fact is, even if he catches it no way in hell does he hold on to it after the hit and landing he had. No way in hell... So yes he could have "caught" it. Would it have been a completion? I don't think so.
Kryptonite is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #50
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,756
Re: Interception #2

Originally Posted by Jamessr View Post
So you'd be fine with Drew Brees making a completion and taking a hard hit everytime too?
See 49er game
TheOak is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/53195-interception-2-a.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 11-30-2012 03:55 AM 2
Interception #2 This thread Refback 11-26-2012 09:12 AM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts