New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Saints football isnt everything... (http://blackandgold.com/saints/53359-saints-football-isnt-everything.html)

cmsaint 11-30-2012 09:48 AM

Saints football isnt everything...
 
The whole ride to work this morning (enemy territory I might add) I am trying to convince myself that its over. Move on. Let it go. Saints football doesnt rule everything.

Not even 30 seconds later Im like "Yeah but we're not done yet". Then I pull out the phone to check this weeks schedule so I can start scoreboard watching lol.

Whats wrong with me?! Why cant I let it go!!

Am I the only one?!

Belair57 11-30-2012 09:59 AM

Re: Saints football isnt everything...
 
let it go....this year is over

SaintsBro 11-30-2012 10:51 AM

Re: Saints football isnt everything...
 
You're not the only one. There is absolutely nothing wrong with hanging around in the bleachers until they officially turn off the lights, it's a part of fandom. But emotionally, yes, it's over -- let it go, don't stress out about it, don't invest energy in angst or worrying about stuff. I already know I will start to get amped up again this weekend, if a couple of these other teams lose their games, and that's OK.

The way it's been so far this year, I actually kind of feel like this particular team has one more shot in them, to claw their way back into possibly being distantly "in it" again, they might well get a couple of lucky bounces, find themselves vaguely in the hunt again, like around week 15/16, and then of course without Payton they'll crash and burn one more final dramatic time. But I'm not going to be heartbroken about any of it.

Halo 11-30-2012 10:57 AM

Re: Saints football isnt everything...
 
WAIT

Saints football

NOT everything

season OVER!?!?

http://blackandgold.com/picture.php?...&pictureid=555

dizzle88 11-30-2012 11:00 AM

Re: Saints football isnt everything...
 
Very true

I just find it quite alarming brees has reverted back to his 2010 form and a player of his caliber that shows how great he can be, goes through these mental lapses for 2-4 games every season where he starts forcing passes

TheOak 11-30-2012 11:01 AM

Re: Saints football isnt everything...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belair57 (Post 461587)
let it go....this year is over

Tall talk... if you truly believed that you would be Christmas shopping right now instead of here.

cmsaint 11-30-2012 12:08 PM

Re: Saints football isnt everything...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintsBro (Post 461611)
You're not the only one. There is absolutely nothing wrong with hanging around in the bleachers until they officially turn off the lights, it's a part of fandom. But emotionally, yes, it's over -- let it go, don't stress out about it, don't invest energy in angst or worrying about stuff. I already know I will start to get amped up again this weekend, if a couple of these other teams lose their games, and that's OK.

The way it's been so far this year, I actually kind of feel like this particular team has one more shot in them, to claw their way back into possibly being distantly "in it" again, they might well get a couple of lucky bounces, find themselves vaguely in the hunt again, like around week 15/16, and then of course without Payton they'll crash and burn one more final dramatic time. But I'm not going to be heartbroken about any of it.


Great post, I think this describes how I feel perfectly. Deep down I know its over, but if they get on a hot streak and a few other teams start losing, Ill get fired up for a sec.

But when they inevitably crash and burn I wont be near as pissed because the expectation left last night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halo (Post 461615)
WAIT

Saints football

NOT everything

season OVER!?!?

http://blackandgold.com/picture.php?...&pictureid=555


Lol


Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzle88 (Post 461617)
Very true

I just find it quite alarming brees has reverted back to his 2010 form and a player of his caliber that shows how great he can be, goes through these mental lapses for 2-4 games every season where he starts forcing passes


This is the Brees way and Ive learned to accept it. Pure greatness 70-80% of the season, with favre syndrome the other 20-30%. He really reminds me of the 08 Brees at the moment. Picks down the stretch that year did our post season hopes in.

Rugby Saint II 11-30-2012 04:04 PM

Re: Saints football isnt everything...
 
Saints football isn't everything. I beg to differ. :smile:

SapperSaint 11-30-2012 04:07 PM

Re: Saints football isnt everything...
 
You're right; it's not.


LSU FOOTBALL IS!!!!!!

WillSaints81 11-30-2012 10:03 PM

Re: Saints football isnt everything...
 
Unfortunately saints football is basically my existence.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com