Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by burningmetal If you think people who earn money should have it taken away, then you should consider quitting your job. Because it doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, if you believe the government has the ...

Like Tree60Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #41
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,298
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
If you think people who earn money should have it taken away, then you should consider quitting your job. Because it doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, if you believe the government has the right to simply take people's money. I bet if you won the lottery you'd change your opinion on the way the rich are taxed.

And as Mike said, it is the rich who employ us. You sound exactly like Bob Costas in accusing us to be "dumb enough" to think we are a part of some 1 percent you've thrown out there. Unbelievably condescending. You really think we don't know that we're not rich? I voted for the candidate that I believed would best handle and grow our economy, so that I and everyone else could have a decent job without worrying if it will go out of business.

This is the problem with liberals. They always want to know what their government can do for them. They want the government to over tax the wealthy so that they can get the benefits from it. This is called socialism, by the way. But as for me? I don't blame my financial situation on the rich. I would just like the opportunity to EARN the most that I can.
There is a fine-line there though, and you really have to fight, IMO, not to stray too far of the left or right of the line ... not all rich-people are business-owners and not all business-owners are rich, just as not all rich-people are employers, nor are all employers rich. There's a ton of other issues that compound the debate as well.

Hypothetically, the govt. shouldn't have the right to take someone's hard-earned paycheck, but there's roads to build, borders to protect, infrastructure to maintain & the elderly/disabled to care for. I've lived in third world countries where the wealthiest rule unchecked and they have no conscience ... these are the countries where you will find the most abject poverty and lack of any type of infrastructure.

People should be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor, but we have a responsibility to our country and fellow man. We also need smaller government and a way to prevent our elected officials on Capitol Hill from abusing the system.

It's a fine line.
Crusader, Budsdrinker and OldMaid like this.

... this space intentionally left blank ...
SloMotion is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #42
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate

Very nice.
I'll vote for you SloMotion.
You do support guns and religion, right?
SloMotion likes this.
skymike is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #43
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,615
Re: Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
There is a fine-line there though, and you really have to fight, IMO, not to stray too far of the left or right of the line ... not all rich-people are business-owners and not all business-owners are rich, just as not all rich-people are employers, nor are all employers rich. There's a ton of other issues that compound the debate as well.

Hypothetically, the govt. shouldn't have the right to take someone's hard-earned paycheck, but there's roads to build, borders to protect, infrastructure to maintain & the elderly/disabled to care for. I've lived in third world countries where the wealthiest rule unchecked and they have no conscience ... these are the countries where you will find the most abject poverty and lack of any type of infrastructure.

People should be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor, but we have a responsibility to our country and fellow man. We also need smaller government and a way to prevent our elected officials on Capitol Hill from abusing the system.

It's a fine line.
I have absolutely no problem with a % of my check going to roads... Wait, I thought that was what the 35% tax at the pump was for?

I have no problem with a % of my check going to fund Schools... Wait, I thought that was what my property taxes went to?

I am seeing a trend here......


I do have a problem with a % of my check paying for 54 Christmas trees in the White House, putting a check in the hands of the lazy.

Ive a big problem with a % of my cell phone bill going to give someone else a cell phone.

Yet another trend.

For the record i have spent years in Nigeria and other third world countries also. The politicians live high on the hog while the education system is sacrificed... Wait, I cant tell If I am talking about Nigeria or America.


Trendy this thread is.
saintfan likes this.

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
TheOak is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #44
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,298
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
Very nice.
I'll vote for you SloMotion.
You do support guns and religion, right?
Absolutely buddy, and while I'm not a very religious person, per say, and there are minor talking points I agree/disagree with everyone from time to time, right & left, if I had to go to war, I'd want most of y'all in my platoon, right or left ... except maybe the drive-by Falcon fans, ... but yeah, basically I believe a person should be free to do what they want and live their life how they see fit without too much govt. interference ... a little, but not too much.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #45
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,615
Re: Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
Absolutely buddy, and while I'm not a very religious person, per say, and there are minor talking points I agree/disagree with everyone from time to time, right & left, if I had to go to war, I'd want most of y'all in my platoon, right or left ... except maybe the drive-by Falcon fans, ... but yeah, basically I believe a person should be free to do what they want and live their life how they see fit without too much govt. interference ... a little, but not too much.
Falcons fans serve a purpose in battle also.
Mardigras9 likes this.
TheOak is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #46
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,298
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Falcons fans serve a purpose in battle also.
... good point, sometimes you can never have enough 'bullet-catchers', .
SloMotion is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #47
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,615
Re: Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
... good point, sometimes you can never have enough 'bullet-catchers', .
Too random... Land mine identification detail.
SloMotion likes this.
TheOak is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #48
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,263
Re: Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
There is a fine-line there though, and you really have to fight, IMO, not to stray too far of the left or right of the line ... not all rich-people are business-owners and not all business-owners are rich, just as not all rich-people are employers, nor are all employers rich. There's a ton of other issues that compound the debate as well.

Hypothetically, the govt. shouldn't have the right to take someone's hard-earned paycheck, but there's roads to build, borders to protect, infrastructure to maintain & the elderly/disabled to care for. I've lived in third world countries where the wealthiest rule unchecked and they have no conscience ... these are the countries where you will find the most abject poverty and lack of any type of infrastructure.

People should be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor, but we have a responsibility to our country and fellow man. We also need smaller government and a way to prevent our elected officials on Capitol Hill from abusing the system.

It's a fine line.
What the hell are you doing in Detroit? You should be in Washington D.C.!
skymike likes this.
Budsdrinker is online now  
Old 12-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #49
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,615
Re: Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker View Post
What the hell are you doing in Detroit? You should be in Washington D.C.!
The people smart enough to run this country are smart enough to know they want no part of running this country.
Danno, SmashMouth, OldMaid and 2 others like this.
TheOak is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #50
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,260
Re: Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
The people smart enough to run this country are smart enough to know they want no part of running this country.
While 100% true, it saddens me that its that way now.

Romney is an example of someone smart enough to run this country and he gets beaten by the worst President this nation has ever had.
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/53444-keeping-football-political-agenda-opinion-separate.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Keeping Football and Political agenda-opinion separate This thread Refback 12-03-2012 08:07 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts