Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: What Priorities Must the Saints Address Early In The Draft?
Offensive Tackle 15 13.64%
Defensive End 30 27.27%
Outside Linebacker 22 20.00%
Defensive End 18 16.36%
Safety 10 9.09%
Cornerback 15 13.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Bah... guess I wasn't looking that carefully. Well, still pretty gave us some interesting info with JPP, Ansah, and Jordan on the list....

Like Tree202Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #741
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,616
Re: 2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board

Bah... guess I wasn't looking that carefully. Well, still pretty gave us some interesting info with JPP, Ansah, and Jordan on the list.
papz is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #742
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,960
Blog Entries: 13
Re: 2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board

The tweener thing always makes me nervous though I wish Mingo every success...
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #743
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,960
Blog Entries: 13
Re: 2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Potential Trade Partners with two picks in the second round and Trade Values:

New Orleans - 1.15(15) [1050]

Cincinnati - 2.5(37)[530] (from OAK), 2.21(53) [370], 3.22(86) [160] = [1060]

Miami - 2.10(42) [480], 2.22(54) [360] (from IND), 3.15(47) [195], 3.20(52) [170]* = [1035]

*Not Included in Total Points

San Francisco - 2.2(34) [560] (from KC), 2.29 [292], 3.12 [210] (from CAR), 3.31 [120]* = [1062]

*Not Included in Total Points

Analysis: There are some potential strong trading partners if we're willing to move down into the second round

Teams with two picks in the first round

St. Louis - 1.16(16) [1000], 1.22(22) [780] (from WAS), 2.14(46) [440], 3.16(80) [190]

Minnesota - 1.23 [760], 1.25 [720] (from SEA), 2.20(52) [380], 3.21(85) [165]

Analysis: St. Louis and Minnesota seem unlikely trading partners unless we're willing to offer more in draft picks or they have a player they really covet...


Wanted to Revisit Trading Down...

As much as I want Ogletree, we should be huddling with Cincy or Miami...

We could trade down and secure very fine talent at a number of positions...

Saints/Bengals Trade Scenario

Saints trade rights to RB Chris Ivory and pick R1(15)

for

Bengals' picks R2 (37), R2 (53), and R6 (190)

2013 Saint's Draft Mock (JeanPierre)

[Updated 2013/04/03]

2.05 (37) LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia*

R2 Forfeit

2.21 (53) OL Barrett Jones, Bama

3.13 (75) LB Jaime Collins, So. Miss*

3.22 (86) OL Jordan Mills, Louisiana Tech

4.12 (109) LB Chase Thomas, Stanford

5.11 (144) DE Bennie Logan, LSU

6.15 (183) DT Kwame Geathers, Georgia

*Ogletree is currently trending at an average of 38th overall (He's a First Rounder To Me); if Ogletree isn't there as he shouldn't be, I'd select 2.05 (37) CB Jamar Taylor, Boise State


jcp026 likes this.

“Your best?!? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home (with) the prom queen.” - Sean Connery in The Rock
jeanpierre is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #744
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,749
Blog Entries: 40
Re: 2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board

2.05 (37) Johnthan Banks CB/FS Mississippi State

R2 Forfeit

2.21 (53) *David Amerson CB North Carolina State

3.13 (75) Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern State

3.22 (86) Chris Faulk OT LSU

4.12 (109) Reid Fragel OT/TE Ohio State

5.11 (144) Jonathan Stewart ILB/OLB Texas A&M

6.15 (183) Daimion Stafford FS/SS Nebraska
hagan714 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 AM   #745
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,956
Re: 2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
2.05 (37) Johnthan Banks CB/FS Mississippi State

R2 Forfeit

2.21 (53) *David Amerson CB North Carolina State

3.13 (75) Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern State

3.22 (86) Chris Faulk OT LSU

4.12 (109) Reid Fragel OT/TE Ohio State

5.11 (144) Jonathan Stewart ILB/OLB Texas A&M

6.15 (183) Daimion Stafford FS/SS Nebraska

That would be truly awesome, but I doubt that the Bengals would give up two 2nd rounders and a 3rd for the Saints' 1st rounder.

The latter scenario JP introduced is probably much more likely with the Saints packaging Ivory with their 1st rounder for the two 2nd rounders and a 6th rounder.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #746
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 937
Re: 2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board

We can trade our first round pick, 15 overall and valued at 1050 points, to the 49ers for their first round pick, 31st overall and valued at 600 points, their second second round pick, 61st overall and valued at 292 points, and their second third round pick, 93rd overall and valued at 128 points. 1050 for 1020.

1(31) DL Jesse Williams (I'd love to have Ogletree but can't imagine him falling this far)
2(61) S Jonathan Cyprien (NFL Network said Jarvis Jones could get pushed out of the first, I'd take him if still available)
3(75) OLB Jamie Collins
3(93) OL Barrett Jones (Good players get pushed down when GMs try to outthink the room)
4(109) OT Jordan Mills
5(144) CB Tharold Simon
6(183) NT Kwame Geathers

I think there might be five starters in this group and all, in my opinion, would be able to contribute in year one.
Shoe. likes this.
jcp026 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #747
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hub City
Posts: 576
Re: 2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board

Originally Posted by jcp026 View Post
We can trade our first round pick, 15 overall and valued at 1050 points, to the 49ers for their first round pick, 31st overall and valued at 600 points, their second second round pick, 61st overall and valued at 292 points, and their second third round pick, 93rd overall and valued at 128 points. 1050 for 1020.

1(31) DL Jesse Williams (I'd love to have Ogletree but can't imagine him falling this far)
2(61) S Jonathan Cyprien (NFL Network said Jarvis Jones could get pushed out of the first, I'd take him if still available)
3(75) OLB Jamie Collins
3(93) OL Barrett Jones (Good players get pushed down when GMs try to outthink the room)
4(109) OT Jordan Mills
5(144) CB Tharold Simon
6(183) NT Kwame Geathers

I think there might be five starters in this group and all, in my opinion, would be able to contribute in year one.
This scenario would make me a very happy camper.

What do you guys think about DJ Fluker being able to transition to LT? Would he be a decent pick up at the end of the first if we were to trade back? I'm not one to be able to pick out the 'intangibles' on film, y'all obviously know much more about what you're looking at, but he looks pretty good to me and he's faced the best in the country for a few years now.
Shoe. is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #748
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 3,730
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board

The problem is,that its a buyers market in terms of trading down this year.Everyone knows its a solid draft but not much difference in terms of quality from picks 13-70.
There are a few who looks slightly better but most years Mingo/Ansah/ Werner wouldn't be top 15 picks.Very few stand outs this year IMO
We would be looking at maybe 1-2 or 2-2-5 for our picks the way I see it.
FinSaint likes this.
lee909 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #749
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,956
Re: 2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
The problem is,that its a buyers market in terms of trading down this year.Everyone knows its a solid draft but not much difference in terms of quality from picks 13-70.
There are a few who looks slightly better but most years Mingo/Ansah/ Werner wouldn't be top 15 picks.Very few stand outs this year IMO
We would be looking at maybe 1-2 or 2-2-5 for our picks the way I see it.

Yeah I agree, the points scale for trading picks is nice and all, but it doesn't necessarily translate directly into real world.

In order for the Saints to get three picks, they probably have to hand in two of their own - I don't see anyone giving up more than a late 1st rounder and mid-to late 2nd rounder for #15 pick, and even that'll be hard to pull off.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #750
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 6,960
Blog Entries: 13
Re: 2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board

This is why I don't want Tharold Simon or Sam Montgomery...

jcp026 and Seer1 like this.
jeanpierre is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/53624-2013-nfl-draft-saints-big-board.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-10-2012 10:55 AM 7
The Latest Malcolm Jenkins News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-10-2012 09:20 AM 2
2013 NFL Draft - Saints Big Board This thread Refback 12-10-2012 05:51 AM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts