Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by TheOak Goodell is employed by the owners, no player faith is needed. People thought I was nuts in regards to my conspiracy theory. Goodell will not be punished because he was preforming the OWNERS deeds. This is ...

Like Tree27Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 724
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Goodell is employed by the owners, no player faith is needed.


People thought I was nuts in regards to my conspiracy theory. Goodell will not be punished because he was preforming the OWNERS deeds.
This is true because the owners are also worried about future lawsuits taking money out of their pockets. The real, long-term problem is not about lawsuits, though. It's about the integrity of the game, and a huge factor in determining this is how the commissioner handles conflict. Goodell has already shown that he has a tendency to over-react. I understand that we need to do what we can to prevent concussions and other unnecessary injuries (i.e. chop blocks), but to fine someone for "tackling too hard" is like punishing a NASCAR driver for driving too fast.
On top of that, it seems like his desire is to leave legacy that changes the way the game is played - example: cutting out kickoffs.
All I can say is this guy needs to GO!
44Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
11-5
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 2,549
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

If only the players would have stood their ground, this ******** wouldn't hold all the power right now. Yeah I'm mad at Goddell but some of the blame needs to be given to the NFLPA too
RaginCajun83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,167
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
If only the players would have stood their ground, this ******** wouldn't hold all the power right now. Yeah I'm mad at Goddell but some of the blame needs to be given to the NFLPA too
ALL of it really goes on the PA if you do the reverse engineering and go back to "how did Goodell get his power over the players". The NFLPA gave it to him through the CBA.
Halo likes this.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 1,412
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Players have alreadt stated they don't trust him... That means nothing. Goodell is hired by the owners to run thier busniess. In order for Goodell to be fired He'd have to piss off more than 1 owner. However other owners could see this as a big problem and fire him.... but fact is too many people continue to watch every week and unless you're a Saints fan.... this has been old news since April.

truth is noone cares so i honestly think this will be swept under the rug.
We won't get our money nor our picks back and SP will be out until the Super Bowl.
Rugby Saint II likes this.

Originally Posted by nutria:
"What can we get on defense in a trade for Drew Brees?"
Jamessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 10,824
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Goodell is employed by the owners, no player faith is needed.


People thought I was nuts in regards to my conspiracy theory. Goodell will not be punished because he was preforming the OWNERS deeds.
You don't think the players' lack of faith in the leader of the league is needed?

I disagree.
saintfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hub City
Posts: 576
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by Jamessr View Post
Goodell is hired by the owners to run thier busniess. In order for Goodell to be fired He'd have to piss off more than 1 owner
I know that the owners of at least three teams (Saints, Cowgirls, Redstains) sure don't have any love for the ginger hammer

It's not much, I know, but its a start
Shoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,167
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
You don't think the players' lack of faith in the leader of the league is needed?

I disagree.
Nope, its not needed. Goodell is not the players leader. He is the administrator of the league. The players need faith in their coaches, and that is where it stops. Goodell is so far removed from their local chain of command and leadership he is not even thought of. He is perceived as a corporate CEO and those guys are well... just suits in New York.

Example: I was in the Army and Desert Storm/Shield, I needed to have faith in my leadership (Section Chief/Platoon Sergeant/First Sergeant). I didnt need to have faith in George Bush (President), Dick Cheney (Secretary of Defense), etc... Division Sergeant Major and Commander were about as high as I cared about, but the leadership that was needed was in my general AO every day.

How many employees or corporations give two craps about their CEO or look to him for leadership or inspiration? Virtually none in a company the size of the NFL.

"Dad, you know what sensitive means?" "Yes, but you tell me". "When someone says a joke and you are not tough about it" ~ My 5yo Daughter
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,167
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by Jamessr View Post
In order for Goodell to be fired He'd have to piss off more than 1 owner.
Correct, I would be willing to wager he would have to piss off at least 17 for the vote to pass to get rid of him, and usually the required vote % in situations like this require more than 53%... usually its along the lines of 75% or greater.
Jamessr likes this.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #19
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 10,561
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Godhell should lose his job over this because the owners have to be upset about the way this has been handled.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #20
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,167
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
Godhell should lose his job over this because the owners have to be upset about the way this has been handled.
"If" the owners were "upset" during any part of this they could have stopped it or replaced him right then and there.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/53689-why-shouldnt-goodell-get-fined.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-12-2012 08:40 AM 2
Why shouldn't Goodell get fined?? This thread Refback 12-12-2012 08:21 AM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts