Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Goodell is not going to lose his job over this. Goodell is not going to be fined for overreacting on player suspensions. Tagliabue was called in to save face for the front office because they were about to be DESTROYED ...

Like Tree27Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #21
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 11,342
Blog Entries: 43
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

  • Goodell is not going to lose his job over this.
  • Goodell is not going to be fined for overreacting on player suspensions.
  • Tagliabue was called in to save face for the front office because they were about to be DESTROYED in the civil lawsuit (and NO trolls, the NFL would not have destroyed Vilma in the appeals court because they probably would not have accepted the case; and NO trolls, Judge Berrigan is a federal judge who is NOT elected to office, so it's no "homer" ruling - it's federal court - this isn't My Cousin Vinny)
  • Read what Tagliabue said. He blamed it ALL on the coaches and exonerated the players, but Tags went out his way to explain his belief in a Bounty thing WITHOUT evidence coming to light.
  • Biggest travesty here is the NFL pushes heat of the players and players union off their backs and the EVIDENCE STILL HAS NEVER SEEN THE DAY OF LIGHT.
  • Goodell will ALWAYS turn to Tagliabue's ruling and reference that as his proof of a bounty, when no proof or evidence has ever been shown.

On a separate note, Tom Benson and Jerry Jones are NOT buddies, rather they are rivals. And YES we can all thank Jones for helping to kick Benson in the nads for trying to move the team to San Antonio - not because Jones is a great guy, rather another team in his backyard further hurts sales of merchandise and crap for his beloved Cowgirls.
neugey, hagan714 and TheOak like this.

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Halo is offline  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 12-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #22
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,083
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Nope, its not needed. Goodell is not the players leader. He is the administrator of the league. The players need faith in their coaches, and that is where it stops. Goodell is so far removed from their local chain of command and leadership he is not even thought of. He is perceived as a corporate CEO and those guys are well... just suits in New York.

Example: I was in the Army and Desert Storm/Shield, I needed to have faith in my leadership (Section Chief/Platoon Sergeant/First Sergeant). I didnt need to have faith in George Bush (President), Dick Cheney (Secretary of Defense), etc... Division Sergeant Major and Commander were about as high as I cared about, but the leadership that was needed was in my general AO every day.

How many employees or corporations give two craps about their CEO or look to him for leadership or inspiration? Virtually none in a company the size of the NFL.
I didn't say he was the player's leader - I said he is the leader of the league. The fact that the key element in the league's success - the players - have no faith in the man is not merely academic IMO.

I can tell you during my time with Google - a lack of faith in Larry and Sergey and Eric would have been a very BIG deal.

We agree to disagree.
Halo and pherein like this.
saintfan is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #23
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
I didn't say he was the player's leader - I said he is the leader of the league. The fact that the key element in the league's success - the players - have no faith in the man is not merely academic IMO.

I can tell you during my time with Google - a lack of faith in Larry and Sergey and Eric would have been a very BIG deal.

We agree to disagree.
Different environment. Players are separated from Corporate by a few levels, and a few thousand miles in the NFL.

Players are not office people, faith in a CEO depends on where you are in the corporate ladder. Players are at the bottom of the ladder, like soldiers in the military.

In terms of affecting their performance on the field, you are going to have to explain that to me. Players in the NFL play to win on the field whether Goodell is the Comhish or Jesus Christ him self is the Commish...

The League and the Commissioner are viewed as the enemy to players. They get their leadership from the team and the Players Union.

Maybe this example will help: Just like with auto workers... Ford/GM etc... CEOs are the enemy. They don't need faith in them, they have a union because they HAVE NO FAITH.

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Like and vote https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charl...44287815781246
TheOak is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,487
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Not fined........FIRED.
hagan714 and onebyone like this.
Mardigras9 is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #25
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,083
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Different environment. Players are separated from Corporate by a few levels, and a few thousand miles in the NFL.

Players are not office people, faith in a CEO depends on where you are in the corporate ladder. Players are at the bottom of the ladder, like soldiers in the military.

In terms of affecting their performance on the field, you are going to have to explain that to me. Players in the NFL play to win on the field whether Goodell is the Comhish or Jesus Christ him self is the Commish...

The League and the Commissioner are viewed as the enemy to players. They get their leadership from the team and the Players Union.

Maybe this example will help: Just like with auto workers... Ford/GM etc... CEOs are the enemy. They don't need faith in them, they have a union because they HAVE NO FAITH.
Faith in the CEO depends on where you are in the corporate ladder? I disagree. Completely in fact. No, the robots don't care, but many do.

I don't think I made any reference to their performance on the field. At the very least the players having a commish they respect is good for the league.

You are right about the league being viewed as the enemy - and now more than ever before - which is pretty much my point. The more Roger pushes his unfair agenda the more you are going to see players pushing back.

If you disagree that what's best for the league is a good relationship between the players and the league then we disagree.

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!
saintfan is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #26
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Faith in the CEO depends on where you are in the corporate ladder? I disagree. Completely in fact. No, the robots don't care, but many do.

I don't think I made any reference to their performance on the field. At the very least the players having a commish they respect is good for the league.

You are right about the league being viewed as the enemy - and now more than ever before - which is pretty much my point. The more Roger pushes his unfair agenda the more you are going to see players pushing back.

If you disagree that what's best for the league is a good relationship between the players and the league then we disagree.
Good relationships amongst all is always a good thing. However the players having faith in the Commissioner is not a requirement and they do not look to him for leadership any more than a College athlete looks to the Chairman of the NCAA for leadership. The dependance on Leadership for athletes and faith in the leadership truncated.

I am not sure you are taking into account that the frame of mind regular employees is vastly different from football players who only care about getting PAID. These are people who are willing to risk health and life each week to get paid.... not many employees are willing to do that.

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Like and vote https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charl...44287815781246
TheOak is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #27
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 793
At the very minimum, I think that the players at least respected Rozelle and Tagliabue. I don't think they feel the same about Goodell.
saintfan likes this.
44Champs is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #28
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,083
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Good relationships amongst all is always a good thing. However the players having faith in the Commissioner is not a requirement and they do not look to him for leadership any more than a College athlete looks to the Chairman of the NCAA for leadership. The dependance on Leadership for athletes and faith in the leadership truncated.

I am not sure you are taking into account that the frame of mind regular employees is vastly different from football players who only care about getting PAID. These are people who are willing to risk health and life each week to get paid.... not many employees are willing to do that.
I didn't say blind faith in the Commish is a requirement and I didn't say any player looks to Roger for leadership. I said Roger can no longer run the league in good faith in the eyes of the players - which is to mean they were always suspicious of him. Now they have evidence of it. That's not good.

I don't have to take into account someone who's digging a ditch or a college athlete. It isn't relevant to the point I'm making. Tell the players their lack of faith in their dishonest commish doesn't matter. It matters enough that they fought for reduced power from that office.

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!
saintfan is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #29
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,454
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

Where is Donald Trump when you need him?

Last edited by SmashMouth; 12-12-2012 at 06:41 PM..
SmashMouth is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #30
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,208
Blog Entries: 39
Re: Why shouldn't Goodell get fined??

as long as he turns a profit he is safe.

ok who is doing the class action suite against the nfl for lost revenue for the city over this? thats their number one selling point when they want tax money to keep the teams in town every 10 years or so
hagan714 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/53689-why-shouldnt-goodell-get-fined.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-12-2012 08:40 AM 2
Why shouldn't Goodell get fined?? This thread Refback 12-12-2012 08:21 AM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts