Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
View Poll Results: Which player do you think complained about Spagnuolo?
Bunkley 0 0%
Harper 4 8.70%
Smith 4 8.70%
Patrick Robinson 4 8.70%
Malcolm Jenkins 3 6.52%
Cam Jordan 0 0%
Sedrick Ellis 19 41.30%
Junior Gallette 1 2.17%
Tez Wilson 1 2.17%
Tom Johnson 0 0%
Quddus 0 0%
Rafel Bush 0 0%
Jabari Greer 0 0%
Casiilas 0 0%
Hicks 0 0%
Johnny Patrick 8 17.39%
Elbert Mack 0 0%
Turk McBride 1 2.17%
Curtis Lofton 0 0%
Someone else 6 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Which Saints player do you think is responsible for complaining about Spagnuolo

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Danno I disagree. A competent coordinator will adjust his shemes to fit his players strengths. Those that don't usually get bad results, like the worst defense in NFL history. Mike Nolan is a 3-4 guru. Did he ...

Like Tree20Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #41
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Poll: Which Saints player do you think is responsible for complaining about Spagnuolo

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I disagree. A competent coordinator will adjust his shemes to fit his players strengths. Those that don't usually get bad results, like the worst defense in NFL history.

Mike Nolan is a 3-4 guru. Did he force his 3-4 on the Falcons? No, he adjusted his scheme to fit the personnel on the team.
That is what Denver tried to do with Tebow... And the jets tried to do with Tebow and Sanchez...

You either build around your talent (which honestly we do not have much of), or you take a plan that works and you adjust the talent...

If Payton and Loomis brought Spags in they did not want to see any more of what we were doing, they wanted whole sale change. Williams way may have been the only way it could work with the players we had.

This season may not be the best scenario for what you are saying Danno. Spags spent the first 1/2 of the season waiting for players to understand what he wanted, I am not sure we ever actually saw a game where the players "got it"... He may have spent the entire season waiting to see them all get it... You have to get from point A to point B before you move on to C... Not sure there was a point in the season where we reached B.

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Like and vote https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charl...44287815781246
TheOak is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 01-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #42
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,092
Re: Poll: Which Saints player do you think is responsible for complaining about Spagnuolo

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
This season may not be the best scenario for what you are saying Danno. Spags spent the first 1/2 of the season waiting for players to understand what he wanted, I am not sure we ever actually saw a game where the players "got it"... He may have spent the entire season waiting to see them all get it... You have to get from point A to point B before you move on to C... Not sure there was a point in the season where we reached B.
I think this season is the perfect example. He didn't have time to teach his players his system so he should have adjusted his system to fit the personnel and the predicament he was thrown into.

Then start bringing in players that fit what he prefers.
Danno is online now  
Old 01-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #43
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I think this season is the perfect example. He didn't have time to teach his players his system so he should have adjusted his system to fit the personnel and the predicament he was thrown into.

Then start bringing in players that fit what he prefers.
Honesty, even Williams scheme didn't work once Sharper was gone.

Example: stopping Seattle in the Wild Card round.
TheOak is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #44
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,092
Re: Poll: Which Saints player do you think is responsible for complaining about Spagnuolo

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Honesty, even Williams scheme didn't work once Sharper was gone.

Example: stopping Seattle in the Wild Card round.
So once again, its about adjusting the scheme to fit your players. And I think you meant SF in 2011 right? That was a scheme mistake also. Putting Jenkins one on one with a 4.3 TE without help? WTF was that about?
Danno is online now  
Old 01-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #45
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,956
Re: Poll: Which Saints player do you think is responsible for complaining about Spagnuolo

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
So once again, its about adjusting the scheme to fit your players. And I think you meant SF in 2011 right? That was a scheme mistake also. Putting Jenkins one on one with a 4.3 TE without help? WTF was that about?

Now that's not fair - he had Shanle to help him on one of those, who just waived to the ball.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #46
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,897
Re: Poll: Which Saints player do you think is responsible for complaining about Spagnuolo

I picked alluv'em. If they all didn't complain about Spags they should've!

"Now that's not fair - he had Shanle to help him on one of those, who just waived to the ball."

At least Shanle was in position to wave to the ball....
Seer1 is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #47
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,903
Re: Poll: Which Saints player do you think is responsible for complaining about Spagnuolo

No Idea.
QBREES9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/54280-poll-saints-player-do-you-think-responsible-complaining-about-spagnuolo.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-03-2013 05:49 AM 7
Poll: Which Saints player do you think is responsible for complaining about Spagnuolo This thread Refback 01-03-2013 12:08 AM 10


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts