New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl (http://blackandgold.com/saints/54451-qb-drew-brees-agitated-saints-will-miss-home-super-bowl.html)

WhoDat!656 01-09-2013 04:22 PM

QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Maybe if Mr. Brees hadn't thrown interceptions like they were Mardi Gras beads, the Saints would have at least made the playoffs!

*********************************************************

Drew Brees still is smarting from a down season in 2012 that saw his New Orleans Saints fall to 7-9 and miss the playoffs for the first time since 2008.

Poor timing, considering the Super Bowl will be played in his city mere weeks from now.

"Obviously, I wish we were playing at home, in our home stadium, in front of our crowd," Brees told KAAY-AM on Monday, via SportsRadioInterviews.com, "I think that was the expectation. So we're still fresh off the end of the season, so it's still not a good feeling."

The Saints once talked of a fairy-tale season; instead, they got a hammer to the mouth.

New Orleans will soon be invaded by a pair of Super Bowl teams not named the Saints.

QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl

Rugby Saint II 01-09-2013 07:20 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
[QUOTE=WhoDat!656;471251]Maybe if Mr. Brees hadn't thrown interceptions like they were Mardi Gras beads, the Saints would have at least made the playoffs!
*********************************************************
The Saints once talked of a fairy-tale season; instead, they got a hammer to the mouth.
We got hammered alright, but it felt more like they got hammered in the butt.:jester:

73Saint 01-09-2013 08:31 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
You said it!

Boutte 01-09-2013 09:24 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
I can hear it now.....

Dateline 2022 -Drew Brees is a first ballot Hall of Famer!
Maybe if he hadn't thrown so many ints in 2012 he would have made it in four years.

Drew Brees leads Saints to second undefeated season while throwing for 7000 yards and 65 TDs.
But he threw 11 ints! And he makes too much money! Now we can't get that FA LB I want.

Drew Brees discovers the cure for cancer.
Remember that time he threw five ints against the Falcons.

ChrisXVI 01-09-2013 09:43 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Yeah... I don't quite understand how everyone says that Drew had a "down" season this year. Yes, he threw 5 int's against the Falcons in that one game, but it was hardly a down year for our Breesus. I mean, for God's sake apparently everyone expected him to have some kind of superhman season when in reality Drew's had worse seasons when Sean wasn't suspended. I guess blame has to placed somewhere, but come on... Drew was hadly the reason for our struggles.

QBREES9 01-09-2013 11:16 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
" we're still fresh off the end of the season, so it's still not a good feeling."

Drew Brees.

breesfan27 01-10-2013 12:57 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisXVI (Post 471325)
Yeah... I don't quite understand how everyone says that Drew had a "down" season this year. Yes, he threw 5 int's against the Falcons in that one game, but it was hardly a down year for our Breesus. I mean, for God's sake apparently everyone expected him to have some kind of superhman season when in reality Drew's had worse seasons when Sean wasn't suspended. I guess blame has to placed somewhere, but come on... Drew was hadly the reason for our struggles.

ALL of this.

burningmetal 01-10-2013 03:26 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boutte (Post 471320)
I can hear it now.....

Dateline 2022 -Drew Brees is a first ballot Hall of Famer!
Maybe if he hadn't thrown so many ints in 2012 he would have made it in four years.

Drew Brees leads Saints to second undefeated season while throwing for 7000 yards and 65 TDs.
But he threw 11 ints! And he makes too much money! Now we can't get that FA LB I want.

Drew Brees discovers the cure for cancer.
Remember that time he threw five ints against the Falcons.

Nice try, except none of those things have ever happened. Way to be realistic... 20 INT's speak for themselves. All you guys who can't stand to see a little criticism of Brees need to get a hold of yourselves, IMO.

You do the very thing you accuse everyone else of doing. Overreact. Saying a guy had a down year, is not the same thing as saying he's the worst ever.

Rell&Gold 01-10-2013 04:28 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burningmetal (Post 471378)
Nice try, except none of those things have ever happened. Way to be realistic... 20 INT's speak for themselves. All you guys who can't stand to see a little criticism of Brees need to get a hold of yourselves, IMO.

You do the very thing you accuse everyone else of doing. Overreact. Saying a guy had a down year, is not the same thing as saying he's the worst ever.

Criticism is ok your going to get that win or lose but to say he is the lone reason we're not playing for a ring right now is nonsense...our offense was ranked 4th our defense 32nd IMO!

Rell&Gold 01-10-2013 04:34 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Oops! thats 2nd in offense and 15th in +/- TO and yea 32nd in defense

burningmetal 01-10-2013 04:43 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rell&Gold (Post 471387)
Criticism is ok your going to get that win or lose but to say he is the lone reason we're not playing for a ring right now is nonsense...our offense was ranked 4th our defense 32nd IMO!

Agreed. I am assuming, though, that because this was an article about Brees, that is probably why the original poster made that comment. I took it as a jab. I think we all understand that our defense was horrible, and the coaching wasn't exactly stellar, either. Plus tons of drops.

Given that our defense is almost always bad, it puts the onus on Drew and the boys to protect the ball and maximize their scoring opportunities. We scored some points this year, but a lot more were left out there. The criticism is just. As long as you make sure to mention the other problems, I agree.

SloMotion 01-10-2013 05:53 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
... it is what it is, ain't like there'll never be another SuperBowl in New Orleans ... just gotta' prepare for next time, eh? :mrgreen:.

Supertek 01-10-2013 12:20 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
There were some close games we could have won if not for the offense and Brees. Of course our defense sucks but this was not a typical Brees performance for the year whatever the reason he was part of the failure.

Boutte 01-10-2013 02:14 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burningmetal (Post 471378)
Nice try, except none of those things have ever happened. Way to be realistic... 20 INT's speak for themselves. All you guys who can't stand to see a little criticism of Brees need to get a hold of yourselves, IMO.

You do the very thing you accuse everyone else of doing. Overreact. Saying a guy had a down year, is not the same thing as saying he's the worst ever.

No saying he had a down and constantly harping on the most negative thing you can think of at every single mention of the man's name are two different things. He doesn't deserve that.

TheOak 01-10-2013 02:32 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boutte (Post 471320)
I can hear it now.....

Dateline 2022 -Drew Brees is a first ballot Hall of Famer!
Maybe if he hadn't thrown so many ints in 2012 he would have made it in four years.

Drew Brees leads Saints to second undefeated season while throwing for 7000 yards and 65 TDs.
But he threw 11 ints! And he makes too much money! Now we can't get that FA LB I want.

Drew Brees discovers the cure for cancer.
Remember that time he threw five ints against the Falcons.

Interceptions are the cure for cancer?
:exclamation:

TheOak 01-10-2013 02:42 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Some peoples "Criticism" is the equivalent of someone not being promoted because they didn't double side print back in 2011...

Any way.... How about this in regards to criticism of any one.. Drew, the Defense, the offense, the receivers, the corner backs, the coaches, running backs..... Say something new that hasn't been said buy YOU a hundred times already.


Its not the criticism that bothers everyone else its the Broken Record that comes on the juke box no matter what bar I am in...


For the younger people: The broken record analogy is used because back before you can remember there were round vinyl disks with groves and lumps in them that when put on a record player (phonograph) would produce music. If there was a scratch in the vinyl what would be heard was a repeat of what was in one specific grove as the needle from the record player would track right back to it continuously.

Here is an example:

"Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go""Let it go"

Boutte 01-10-2013 02:57 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supertek (Post 471446)
There were some close games we could have won if not for the offense and Brees. Of course our defense sucks but this was not a typical Brees performance for the year whatever the reason he was part of the failure.

You're right, he had some bad games and they cost us probably 2 wins this year. On the other hand without him playing like the superstar he is in most of the games we definitely wouldn't have won 7. Dropped passes also cost us at least two games this year.

How many of those interceptions happened because Brees had to throw passes he wouldn't have unless he felt like he had to score every time we had the ball? How many of them were forced because no one was open? We scored 29 pts per game and still lost 9 games. Think about the implications of that fact. What do think that does to a QBs decision process? Knowing the 30 points a game isn't enough to win means you're going to have to take some chances you'd rather not have to make.

Criticism is one thing, haterade is a whole different thing and that's what I find repulsive.

TheOak 01-10-2013 04:06 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boutte (Post 471470)
We scored 29 pts per game and still lost 9 games. Think about the implications of that fact.

Here are the results... In Stats so people can draw conclusions from fact and not fiction.

Sorry anyone, I can not fault our offense or anyone on the offense... Know why I have come to that conclusion?

Out of the TOP 12 teams in scoring we are 3rd and the ONLY team that didn't make the playoffs. ALL other 11 top scoring teams made it. Our offense in its ENTIRETY played playoff caliber ball.

NFL Stats: by Team Category


Defense 2nd to last in points allowed.
NFL Stats: by Team Category


Portions of our offense are blamed? BS! I don't care if Drew threw 50 interceptions, when your offense is 3rd in the league in scoring and you don't make the playoffs, its not lack of scoring that kept you out of the playoffs, its failure to stop other teams from scoring that kept you out of the playoffs..

Yes it is that simple victory in the NFL is determined by the differential of points scored vs points allowed. It doesn't matter whether you pass, run, punt, intercept.. Its all Point differential.

st thomas 01-10-2013 05:51 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
to add to the above stats which i like, anyone consider what we could have scored without the drops we had. possibly shooting up the ladder of scoring.
just saying.

iceshack149 01-10-2013 07:04 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
If a "down" year is 43 TD's, 19 INT's, 5177 YD's, 96.3 rating, 63% completions; I'll take it. What other QB would you want?

burningmetal 01-11-2013 05:22 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boutte (Post 471466)
No saying he had a down and constantly harping on the most negative thing you can think of at every single mention of the man's name are two different things. He doesn't deserve that.

Guy, look around. People take turns criticizing Drew, the defense, the receivers, the o-line, the coaches, and Roger Goodell. Drew is not the only one. I hardly think people are saying something negative every single time Drew's name is mentioned. But for the record, he did have a bad year, and no he was not the only one. We throw the ball damn near 50 times a game, of course he gets his yards. We also had a lot of 3 and outs and turnovers.

Everyone gets a share of the blame, I agree with that. Just remember that Drew is a quarterback, not an untouchable deity. I can agree with your sentiment about not wanting people to constantly harp on one player, but I think the negativity has been rather widely dispersed.

Your demonstration suggested that people hate on Drew even when he has a great season. All those wild numbers you threw out, were not close to being realistic, and certainly weren't close to what he did THIS season. Drew is a highly popular person around here, and until he laid a bunch of eggs this year, not many people had anything negative to say about him. That's why I think you're overreacting a bit.

burningmetal 01-11-2013 05:32 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 471476)
Here are the results... In Stats so people can draw conclusions from fact and not fiction.

Sorry anyone, I can not fault our offense or anyone on the offense... Know why I have come to that conclusion?

Out of the TOP 12 teams in scoring we are 3rd and the ONLY team that didn't make the playoffs. ALL other 11 top scoring teams made it. Our offense in its ENTIRETY played playoff caliber ball.

NFL Stats: by Team Category


Defense 2nd to last in points allowed.
NFL Stats: by Team Category


Portions of our offense are blamed? BS! I don't care if Drew threw 50 interceptions, when your offense is 3rd in the league in scoring and you don't make the playoffs, its not lack of scoring that kept you out of the playoffs, its failure to stop other teams from scoring that kept you out of the playoffs..

Yes it is that simple victory in the NFL is determined by the differential of points scored vs points allowed. It doesn't matter whether you pass, run, punt, intercept.. Its all Point differential.

Do you ever look beyond stats? When you are constantly playing from behind, and throwing 50 times a game, you're going to score some points. It's an offensive league. But where was our offense in crunch time? At Atlanta? Our defense plays one of it's best games of the year, and we lose because of 5 picks. Where was our offense against San Francisco? We scored 21 points and threw two pick sixes. Nice work, O.

How about the Denver game? 14 big points. Kansas City? Against their atrocious defense we managed less than 300 yards and blew an 18 point lead by doing nothing the entire second half.

Our defense is equally to blame, they were, but for a couple games, very bad. No freaking duh. But you don't know much about football if you can't see how far our offense dropped off. I mean that for every person who thinks our offense is blameless.

TheOak 01-11-2013 07:56 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burningmetal (Post 471541)
You have no idea how to look anywhere beyond stats, do you? When you are constantly playing from behind, and throwing 50 times a game, you're going to score some points. It's an offensive league. But where was our offense in crunch time? At Atlanta? Our defense plays one of it's best games of the year, and we lose because of 5 picks. Where was our offense against San Francisco? We scored 21 points and threw two pick sixes. Nice work, O.

How about the Denver game? 14 big points. Kansas City? Against their atrocious defense we managed less than 300 yards and blew an 18 point lead by doing nothing the entire second half.

Our defense is equally to blame, they were, but for a couple games, very bad. No freaking duh. But you don't know much about football if you can't see how far our offense dropped off.


That reply is hilarious. Truly... Thanks! I NOWHERE mentioned stats, I talked about points which are not stats in a sense. Points (score) is the only thing that decides a win or loss.

This is the best "When you are constantly playing from behind, and throwing 50 times a game, you're going to score some points."... That makes no sense but tell that to Kansas City... You fail to realize that that there is junk yardage but no team gives up points freely .. No such thing as junk points unless one of our opponents put in their second string.

You however after highlighting stats as the ignorant way to go... went on to make a case using stats. Passes per game (stat), less than 300 yards (stat), defense played the best game of the year (you arent justifying that with stats are you?).

The defenses best game of the year was against Tampa Bay in week 15 where TB didn't score.... because after all only "someone that 'doesn't know much about football" would not look at score and only look at stats.


You referenced 4 games... So we should have been 12-4.

Thank you drive through.. I am done.

dizzle88 01-11-2013 08:13 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Drew lost some games for us
The defense lost some games for us
And the special teams lost the NY giants game for us

If the defense stopped someone we would have won more games
If drew didn't throw 7 picks combined in the SF and ATL games we would have won, but he won the other games for us

If the defense stopped KC's running game we would have won that

No one is beyond blame but drew wasn't the only one that messed up, yeah he cost us a couple games, so did the defense, drew won more games for us than the D did
All aspects of our team needs to improve, that includes drews efficiency

Saint_LB 01-11-2013 08:22 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Drew has played worse. He threw 22 picks a couple or 3 years ago. It's funny, though, because he didn't lead the league that year.

Drew Brees is a very good...no...great QB. No doubt. If he played bad last year it was only because other people around him were playing bad...worse than they had in the past, but it is surprising to me that people are feeling like this is all his fault...or even that he is much different than he has ever been.

The team was different. There were so many factors that played a part. I don't have to bring them all up...everybody knows the things that happened...and the defense was in fact horrible, and IMO, the main reason the Saints were 7-9.

Somebody mentioned poor decisions because they were behind and trying to make plays. I don't have the inclination to go back and find out who it was...you know who you are...but you, sir, I applaud.

Boutte 01-12-2013 10:46 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint_LB (Post 471561)
Drew has played worse. He threw 22 picks a couple or 3 years ago. It's funny, though, because he didn't lead the league that year.

Drew Brees is a very good...no...great QB. No doubt. If he played bad last year it was only because other people around him were playing bad...worse than they had in the past, but it is surprising to me that people are feeling like this is all his fault...or even that he is much different than he has ever been.

The team was different. There were so many factors that played a part. I don't have to bring them all up...everybody knows the things that happened...and the defense was in fact horrible, and IMO, the main reason the Saints were 7-9.

Somebody mentioned poor decisions because they were behind and trying to make plays. I don't have the inclination to go back and find out who it was...you know who you are...but you, sir, I applaud.

Thank you.

Saint_LB 01-13-2013 06:00 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boutte (Post 471914)
Thank you.

yw...and I will always know from now on that Boutte knows his ****.

Boutte 01-13-2013 01:31 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burningmetal (Post 471541)
Do you ever look beyond stats? When you are constantly playing from behind, and throwing 50 times a game, you're going to score some points. It's an offensive league. But where was our offense in crunch time? At Atlanta? Our defense plays one of it's best games of the year, and we lose because of 5 picks. Where was our offense against San Francisco? We scored 21 points and threw two pick sixes. Nice work, O.

How about the Denver game? 14 big points. Kansas City? Against their atrocious defense we managed less than 300 yards and blew an 18 point lead by doing nothing the entire second half.

Our defense is equally to blame, they were, but for a couple games, very bad. No freaking duh. But you don't know much about football if you can't see how far our offense dropped off. I mean that for every person who thinks our offense is blameless.

I can see your point but I guess I'm putting a lot more of the blame on the fact that Payton wasn't coaching the team this year. I just don't see how anyone can talk about how the team dropped off this year with out pointing to that as 90% of the problem. And the first four games of the season should be completely discounted.

UK_WhoDat 01-13-2013 03:07 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 471468)
Interceptions are the cure for cancer?
:exclamation:

That's the trouble with autospell.

Injections

UK_WhoDat 01-13-2013 03:14 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzle88 (Post 471559)
Drew lost some games for us
The defense lost some games for us
And the special teams lost the NY giants game for us

If the defense stopped someone we would have won more games
If drew didn't throw 7 picks combined in the SF and ATL games we would have won, but he won the other games for us

If the defense stopped KC's running game we would have won that

No one is beyond blame but drew wasn't the only one that messed up, yeah he cost us a couple games, so did the defense, drew won more games for us than the D did
All aspects of our team needs to improve, that includes drews efficiency

Yep and some.

The issue is that many are inserting the words "only" and "all" in posts where those words are not stated.

OldMaid 01-13-2013 05:40 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Stop fussing at each other.

Yeah, Brees had some unBrees games.

So did others.

Saints could have edged out a close 9-7 season. If not , at least 8-8They did not.
Many games in which they lost, they came close to winning .
Some , they won and came realy close to lsoing. Dallas Cows game.

Missing link. Missing factor.
What was it?
Who was it?
Who was at fault for Saints awful 2012 season and it was awful because they are better than that and the defense were paid to play like the know something?
Overall, Saints 2012 was awful. Defense was worst because they started out the year refusing to simply tackle. How hard is that?
Who was missing?

They had no coach, namely, Sean Payton.

I am sticking with this as an excuse.:confused:

burningmetal 01-13-2013 10:34 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 471555)
That reply is hilarious. Truly... Thanks! I NOWHERE mentioned stats, I talked about points which are not stats in a sense. Points (score) is the only thing that decides a win or loss.

This is the best "When you are constantly playing from behind, and throwing 50 times a game, you're going to score some points."... That makes no sense but tell that to Kansas City... You fail to realize that that there is junk yardage but no team gives up points freely .. No such thing as junk points unless one of our opponents put in their second string.

You however after highlighting stats as the ignorant way to go... went on to make a case using stats. Passes per game (stat), less than 300 yards (stat), defense played the best game of the year (you arent justifying that with stats are you?).

The defenses best game of the year was against Tampa Bay in week 15 where TB didn't score.... because after all only "someone that 'doesn't know much about football" would not look at score and only look at stats.


You referenced 4 games... So we should have been 12-4.

Thank you drive through.. I am done.

I'm sorry, is showing how many points per game we scored this year not a stat? By the way, here are your own words: "Here are the results... In Stats so people can draw conclusions from fact and not fiction."

No. Thank YOU.

What do you mean by "tell that to Kansas City"? I mentioned how Kansas City beat us because our offense did NOTHING. That is a dumb comment on your part.

And lastly let me shoot down your ignorant a** comments about stats. I asked you could you look beyond stats. Stats tell you a million different things. Yes scoring more points than your opponent wins the game, jerk. I'm talking about your comment about points PER game. Did you see how many garbage TD's we scored when we were way behind in the 4th quarter? That's what I'm talking about when I say throwing 50 times a game, playing from behind will bring up the scoring average. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that. You repeatedly fail, or just refuse to understand simple logic people try to explain. So believe whatever you want.

I have always said that I put equal blame on the defense. It's not as if I'm defending those guys. But I look at all the 3 and outs and how much time the defense was on the field, plus the turnovers, and I see the offense as being just as responsible for us falling behind all the time.

(Update) I almost forgot to respond to the last thing you said. The 4 games I mentioned were the games I specifically remember our offense doing NOTHING. That doesn't take into account the games where we piled up some yards, but turned it over a million times. The point is very simple. Both units failed each other at different times.

burningmetal 01-13-2013 10:47 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boutte (Post 472016)
I can see your point but I guess I'm putting a lot more of the blame on the fact that Payton wasn't coaching the team this year. I just don't see how anyone can talk about how the team dropped off this year with out pointing to that as 90% of the problem. And the first four games of the season should be completely discounted.

I'm not trying to put down the moral of your point. I agree that Drew isn't the only one to blame, by far, and that Payton's absence was a big factor.

It just seems to me that whenever someone mentions Drew in a negative light, everyone else blows up. Much is expected of him, and he is in fact paid accordingly. I think Drew realizes that, and holds himself accountable. I'm not hating on the guy. I'm more coming to the defense of people who would also like to hold him accountable for his part. I personally don't remember seeing anyone on this forum saying that he was the only to blame. But if I missed that, then yeah, I would say anyone like that needs to get a clue.

burningmetal 01-13-2013 10:57 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzle88 (Post 471559)
Drew lost some games for us
The defense lost some games for us
And the special teams lost the NY giants game for us

If the defense stopped someone we would have won more games
If drew didn't throw 7 picks combined in the SF and ATL games we would have won, but he won the other games for us

If the defense stopped KC's running game we would have won that

No one is beyond blame but drew wasn't the only one that messed up, yeah he cost us a couple games, so did the defense, drew won more games for us than the D did
All aspects of our team needs to improve, that includes drews efficiency

Exactly. This is the point I'm trying to make. It seems hard to blame anything but defense without getting blasted, but the fact is that everyone had a down year. Certain people seem to believe I'm on some Brees hating bandwagon, but I just refuse to give any passes to a team that played as bad as the Saints did.

SloMotion 01-15-2013 09:31 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 471555)
This is the best "When you are constantly playing from behind, and throwing 50 times a game, you're going to score some points."... That makes no sense ... You fail to realize that that there is junk yardage but no team gives up points freely .. No such thing as junk points unless one of our opponents put in their second string.

Actually, it does make sense. I've seen this with the Lions for fricken' years ... always playing from behind, airing the ball out on every play, the defense playing 'prevent' and allowing Detroit to move the ball & score just enough to run the clock down, but not enough to take the lead. Or, the offense is able to gain a certain amount of momentum against the 'prevent' and score, but not because the defense gave 'em the points. Junk yardage leads to junk points, second string or not. From what I've seen anyway.

:)

burningmetal 01-16-2013 11:09 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SloMotion (Post 472477)
Actually, it does make sense. I've seen this with the Lions for fricken' years ... always playing from behind, airing the ball out on every play, the defense playing 'prevent' and allowing Detroit to move the ball & score just enough to run the clock down, but not enough to take the lead. Or, the offense is able to gain a certain amount of momentum against the 'prevent' and score, but not because the defense gave 'em the points. Junk yardage leads to junk points, second string or not. From what I've seen anyway.

:)

Right'o, Slo.

You would think most people who watch football would know there is such a thing as junk points. Teams always go into prevent in the 4th quarter with a good lead, and many times have taken out their starters by then. Oak says no one gives up points freely, but I never said they did. They don't literally walk off the field and LET you score, but they make it a hundred times easier to do so.

SloMotion 01-16-2013 12:45 PM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burningmetal (Post 472799)
Right'o, Slo.

You would think most people who watch football would know there is such a thing as junk points. Teams always go into prevent in the 4th quarter with a good lead, and many times have taken out their starters by then. Oak says no one gives up points freely, but I never said they did. They don't literally walk off the field and LET you score, but they make it a hundred times easier to do so.

Well, I see both your guys viewpoints and didn't mean it in a 'taking sides' kind of way or to anyway intervene in or prevent the potentially darn good flame-war about to erupt between you & Oak (:popcorn:) :lol: ... it's just a terminology/definition issue. We all know what's going on during a game (not including Atl fans), it's why we're all on here posting about it, :lol:.

burningmetal 01-17-2013 11:37 AM

Re: QB Drew Brees Agitated Saints Will Miss Home Super Bowl
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SloMotion (Post 472817)
Well, I see both your guys viewpoints and didn't mean it in a 'taking sides' kind of way or to anyway intervene in or prevent the potentially darn good flame-war about to erupt between you & Oak (:popcorn:) :lol: ... it's just a terminology/definition issue. We all know what's going on during a game (not including Atl fans), it's why we're all on here posting about it, :lol:.

I wasn't trying to put you on anyone's side. Just agreeing with your comment, as it seems my point was lost on the other guy.

If it's just a terminology thing, I can ignore it. But the reason I argue these points is because I am speaking common knowledge, and yet being told that I'm making no sense. I think it makes perfect sense. If you've seen the last couple pages of this thread, you'll notice that the "war" already happened, lol. I don't intend it as a war, but sometimes certain people just seem more focused on insulting others intelligence than to actually come up with a well thought out reply. That's what gets me. We all have opinions, and that's fine, but when facts start getting crapped on for the sake of trying to be "right", I find it difficult not to be bothered by that. I have no problems with you though, I know what you're saying.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com