Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Revis available?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by saintfan Above all else, this is what matters. Besides, I believe if we'd use the guys we have in a system that accommodates them rather than forcing a system that clearly doesn't, we'd be in pretty good ...

Like Tree4Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,934
Re: Revis available?

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Above all else, this is what matters. Besides, I believe if we'd use the guys we have in a system that accommodates them rather than forcing a system that clearly doesn't, we'd be in pretty good shape and could (potentially) get better up front.

Still, good and/or talented players find ways to make plays regardless of what system they are in - so to me, placing the blame on the system for the failures of the individual players is a major cop-out.

I'm not saying Spags' system was/is ideal for the players the Saints have on their defensive roster (at the moment), but it's the NFL; you have to find ways to make plays if you are on the field and getting millions for it.
FinSaint is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,193
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Revis available?

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
Still, good and/or talented players find ways to make plays regardless of what system they are in - so to me, placing the blame on the system for the failures of the individual players is a major cop-out.

I'm not saying Spags' system was/is ideal for the players the Saints have on their defensive roster (at the moment), but it's the NFL; you have to find ways to make plays if you are on the field and getting millions for it.
I don't think it's a cop-out at all. We went from not that good to the worst defense in the history of the NFL. Just too much regression for me to consider it a player issue - primarily a player issue I mean.
saintfan is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #13
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,934
Re: Revis available?

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
I don't think it's a cop-out at all. We went from not that good to the worst defense in the history of the NFL. Just too much regression for me to consider it a player issue - primarily a player issue I mean.

Sure, and I do get your point, but I just think that it's about more than just the system and/or scheme. Players need to make plays, and maybe they weren't able to because of all the distracting things that went on around the franchise since last offseason, but nevertheless, I'm not willing to let them off by saying it was the system's fault.


Also, I don't think they were the worst defense in the history of the NFL - they weren't probably even the worst defense this season, because the Titans' defense was just plain awful as well. IMO, the honor of being the worst defense in the history of the league goes to the 1981 Baltimore Colts, because they allowed the most points ever in a 16 game season. To me points allowed is far more condemning than yards allowed, because you can allow as many yards as possible to the other team, but if you won't let them score on you - it's hard to lose the game.

"I don't think I'll be thinking at all. I think I'm just gonna go out there and play my balls out" - Martez Wilson | "I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing their opinions because in my opinion their opinion is wrong" - Danno
FinSaint is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #14
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,875
Re: Revis available?

He'd be an okay addition except we could never afford him.
Seer1 is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #15
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,553
Re: Revis available?

Do not want. He wants to be paid like an elite quarterback. I don't care how good he is, if I'm going to spend that type of money, it's certainly not on a corner.
papz is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #16
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 421
Re: Revis available?

I don't think you guys can afford him. The last time I checked, you guys were over the cap by 14 mil. Somewhere around that.
atltillidie is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #17
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,619
Re: Revis available?

Originally Posted by atltillidie View Post
I don't think you guys can afford him. The last time I checked, you guys were over the cap by 14 mil. Somewhere around that.
You forget; Loomis is a genius...

We were over the cap last year and found ways to sign 3-4 fa's including your Lofton plus sign Drew to a massive contract!

Last edited by |Mitch|; 01-24-2013 at 08:23 PM..
|Mitch| is online now  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #18
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 421
Re: Revis available?

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
You forget; Loomis is a genius...
I guess we'll have to see what happens.
atltillidie is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #19
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,619
Re: Revis available?

Originally Posted by atltillidie View Post
I guess we'll have to see what happens.
Why don't you go worry about Failcon problems...
|Mitch| is online now  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #20
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 421
Re: Revis available?

Because I'm not worried. If anything, I'm optimistic about the Falcons and what we could do next season.
atltillidie is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/54916-revis-available.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Report: Patriots very interested in Revis - Page 9 - New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard This thread Refback 01-25-2013 09:43 PM 3
Revis available? This thread Refback 01-24-2013 02:50 AM 3
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-24-2013 02:29 AM 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts