Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Todd Grantham - Georgia

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Danno Yes, I know. We do have some talent on defense, probably about NFL average. We just lack those 2 or 3 difference makers, especially in the front 7. I just shake my head when I hear ...

Like Tree11Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #31
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 3,423
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Yes, I know. We do have some talent on defense, probably about NFL average. We just lack those 2 or 3 difference makers, especially in the front 7.

I just shake my head when I hear someone say we have gaping holes everywhere on defense, or that we have absolutely no talent on defense.
The potential front three of Bunkley,Hicks and Jordan really excites me.If we can get a edge rusher and a good coverage MLB I think the unit looks pretty good on paper.Its pretty young and will need to play to its potential but I'm quite optimistic.
I'm not that keen on parts of the secondary but they have been hung out to dry at times with the amount of time the front 7 gave the opposing QB.
lee909 is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #32
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,670
Re: Todd Grantham - Georgia

As long as its NOT Rob Ryan !
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #33
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,092
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Todd Grantham - Georgia

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
From what I've heard, Grantham has said he is not leaving Georgia. He has told all his players/media and said the same when recruiting.

Sean is going to have to pull a rabbit to get him here...
Nick Saban was given a 5 year deal and made the highest paid college coach, at LSU, and said he would never leave. He left a year later. And he has pulled similar things at other places. Todd Grantham ain't the highest paid anything, and he's just a coordinator. I think he'd much prefer be a coordinator in the NFL, rather than College.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it matters if he told someone he won't leave. Personally, I don't think he's a good choice. But if he's offered, I'd be surprised if he turned it down.

(Saban might not have been a proper example, given his douchebaggery is legendary).

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #34
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 466
Re: Todd Grantham - Georgia

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Nick Saban was given a 5 year deal and made the highest paid college coach, at LSU, and said he would never leave. He left a year later. And he has pulled similar things at other places. Todd Grantham ain't the highest paid anything, and he's just a coordinator. I think he'd much prefer be a coordinator in the NFL, rather than College.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it matters if he told someone he won't leave. Personally, I don't think he's a good choice. But if he's offered, I'd be surprised if he turned it down.

(Saban might not have been a proper example, given his douchebaggery is legendary).
Yeah I think a more recent Chip Kelley is a perfect example. Said he was not leaving Oregon....couple weeks later he's doing a press conference with the Eagles.
NuNu318 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #35
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,371
Re: Todd Grantham - Georgia

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I'll take a CB Dee Miliner, DT Jessie Williams, RT DJ Fluker, DE Barkevious Mingo or Sam Montgomery, and S Eric Reed, and throw in SS Robert Lester and TE Michael Williams.

I'm down with that.
Then change the team name to the ALA-SU Saints
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #36
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,447
Re: Todd Grantham - Georgia

Originally Posted by NuNu318 View Post
Yeah I think a more recent Chip Kelley is a perfect example. Said he was not leaving Oregon....couple weeks later he's doing a press conference with the Eagles.
What do you want them to say (after being pestered non-stop about it),

"Yeah, if the offer is good enough I'm a gone pecan"?
SmashMouth likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #37
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,393
Blog Entries: 40
Re: Todd Grantham - Georgia

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
From what I understand; Spags didn't give the MLB the opportunity to change the calls from the huddle...
surprise surprise surprise surprise
hagan714 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #38
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 390
Re: Todd Grantham - Georgia

*** Grantham withdraws name from consideration for Saints job



Statement from*Todd Grantham*through UGA Sports Communications ..."I want to thank Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints organization for the opportunity to interview and get to know them. They are a first class organization in every respect. As I said Wednesday, Georgia is a great place, my family loves it here, and I do as well. This is where our heart is and today I have withdrawn my name from consideration for the position with the Saints. I'm excited to start preparations for another season and along with the rest of our defensive staff look forward to coaching some really good returning players as well as developing some very talented newcomers."
NonieT is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #39
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,447
Re: Todd Grantham - Georgia

Originally Posted by NonieT View Post
*** Grantham withdraws name from consideration for Saints job



Statement from*Todd Grantham*through UGA Sports Communications ..."I want to thank Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints organization for the opportunity to interview and get to know them. They are a first class organization in every respect. As I said Wednesday, Georgia is a great place, my family loves it here, and I do as well. This is where our heart is and today I have withdrawn my name from consideration for the position with the Saints. I'm excited to start preparations for another season and along with the rest of our defensive staff look forward to coaching some really good returning players as well as developing some very talented newcomers."
Romeo, pretty please?
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/55343-todd-grantham-georgia.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Todd Grantham - Georgia This thread Refback 02-07-2013 10:54 AM 6
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 02-07-2013 10:48 AM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts