New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Offzeason has begun TO DO LIST (http://blackandgold.com/saints/55384-offzeason-has-begun-do-list.html)

triman 02-08-2013 05:20 PM

Offzeason has begun TO DO LIST
 
Payton is back and needs to fill our coaching vacancy. We need to hire coaches that can maximize some of the taltent we have on the roster now. FA will be here before you know it and we. need our staff up and running at full tilt. I feel that we will make moves to free up cap space to address crucial. personell for our transition to a 34. Trading some. veterans. and cutting. others or singing them to reduced. salaries. IMHO there is going to be some radical. changes. The draft is even more crucial this year than the past. We are going to count on rookies to come in fill needs immediately. I am Glad that this draft seems to be deep in areas that we need (DEFENSE). IMHO we should look to trade down and get some extra. picks. I think that multiple Picks at DE,, DT, S are called for. Even if we are able to sign Bushrod. we need to upgrade at RT. The challenges ahead are many. I feel good about the team of. Loomis and Payton. Man I hope Payton has all of those legal pads, he has a full plate. Thoughts, Ideas, Opinions

dizzle88 02-08-2013 05:29 PM

Re: Offzeason has begun TO DO LIST
 
To do list (my opinion)

Cut vilma, will smith, shanle and sed ellis
Remind patrick robinson that he has to fight every down to be a good CB
Sign teryl austin to coach our DB's
Sign grantham to be our DC
Go defensive pretty much entire draft (i dont mind trading down if they think its right)
Sign jairus Byrd (we can all dream cant we?)

Danno 02-08-2013 05:31 PM

Re: Offzeason has begun TO DO LIST
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by triman (Post 478535)
Payton is back and needs to fill our coaching vacancy. We need to hire coaches that can maximize some of the taltent we have on the roster now. FA will be here before you know it and we. need our staff up and running at full tilt. I feel that we will make moves to free up cap space to address crucial. personell for our transition to a 34. Trading some. veterans. and cutting. others or singing them to reduced. salaries. IMHO there is going to be some radical. changes. The draft is even more crucial this year than the past. We are going to count on rookies to come in fill needs immediately. I am Glad that this draft seems to be deep in areas that we need (DEFENSE). IMHO we should look to trade down and get some extra. picks. I think that multiple Picks at DE,, DT, S are called for. Even if we are able to sign Bushrod. we need to upgrade at RT. The challenges ahead are many. I feel good about the team of. Loomis and Payton. Man I hope Payton has all of those legal pads, he has a full plate. Thoughts, Ideas, Opinions

Agreed. We have a few players we need to replace.

Will Smith (may return at mega-reduction)
Sedrick Ellis (we'll need another man in the middle)
Roman Harper (his salary has a big red flag on it)
Bushrod (I think he wants elite money, not gonna happen here)

Switching to the 3-4 is gonna require some depth at DT and DE.

On offense I agree RT is almost as concerning as LT, although Strief was hurt last year and I consider him "adequate" and Marcell Jones is built for the role, but durability concerns me. I've lost hope in Brown.

TE depth is a concern. I've lost faith in Dave Thomas quite a bit.

I think a new DC will naturally bring along his type of role players to fill in for depth, but we're still gonna need some upper eschelon guys.

I have faith that Loomis will adress it all, but we all know 1 or 2 moves that look good on paper never seem to pan out.

Seer1 02-08-2013 06:56 PM

Re: Offzeason has begun TO DO LIST
 
-Fire McMahon>
-Remind Patrick of where the front door is.
-Get a DC and his minions in quickly.
-Find a damn good OL coach.
-Fill the rest of the coaching positions.
-Say bu-bye to Shanle, Smith, Ellis, Vilma, Harper, (already said goodbye to Patrick)
-Come to reasonable terms with Bushrod or add him to the bu-bye list.
-Figure out the draft and FA thing.
-Eat lunch
-Do everything else.

K Major 02-08-2013 07:24 PM

Re: Offzeason has begun TO DO LIST
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seer1 (Post 478558)
-Fire McMahon>
-Remind Patrick of where the front door is.
-Get a DC and his minions in quickly.
-Find a damn good OL coach.
-Fill the rest of the coaching positions.
-Say bu-bye to Shanle, Smith, Ellis, Vilma, Harper, (already said goodbye to Patrick)
-Come to reasonable terms with Bushrod or add him to the bu-bye list.
-Figure out the draft and FA thing.
-Eat lunch
-Do everything else.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who sees that Patrick Robinson can't play corner back. No way this guy should have been looked at as a 1st round player.

hagan714 02-08-2013 07:47 PM

Re: Offzeason has begun TO DO LIST
 
i see a fire sale happening over the next two year. come on get a Dc and get started

RaginCajun83 02-08-2013 08:04 PM

Re: Offzeason has begun TO DO LIST
 
Cut Will Smith
Restructure or cut Vilma
Cut Shanle
Cut Ellis
Hire 3-4 DC
Fire Bill Johnson
Releave Vitt as LB coach make him some kind of "consultant"
Fire McMahon
Cut P Robinson
Draft defensive players
Let Bushrod walk, let someone else overpay him

Rugby Saint II 02-10-2013 10:44 PM

Re: Offzeason has begun TO DO LIST
 
To do list: Win games!

Rell&Gold 02-11-2013 12:29 AM

Re: Offzeason has begun TO DO LIST
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K Major (Post 478567)
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who sees that Patrick Robinson can't play corner back. No way this guy should have been looked at as a 1st round player.

Were you saying this his second season or does one season mean you cant play the position after a scheme switch

halloween 65 02-11-2013 08:35 AM

Re: Offzeason has begun TO DO LIST
 
My to do list is get to the middle of the pack on D. Ellis, Smith, and especially Vilma need to go, Jenkins also, I truly do not believe I have ever seen a FS as lost or confused as much as him, he has the tools body wise but mentally he don't get it. Ellis is Ellis and that should say enough. Smith has lost his step, some team running a 4-3 might pick him up for depth. To me Vilma is done, knees or whatever , he's done. Robinson is coachable and needs a little more time, with no pass rush or help over the top he was exposed a lot, I think he can rebound and becme better and better.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com