Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints March 1st cap status

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by lee909 How much does Rodgers get? I'm starting the over under at $22ml Either $110ml over 5 years or $132ml over 6. I think that 5 year figure is just about right....

Like Tree8Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #21
Threaded by stickman
100th Post
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 370

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
How much does Rodgers get?
I'm starting the over under at $22ml
Either $110ml over 5 years or $132ml over 6.
I think that 5 year figure is just about right.
Views: 5188
Latest Blogs
Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 03-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #22
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,223
Re: Saints March 1st cap status

the fact flacco got paid so much is a joke... you ask even Raven fans and they'll tell you that.. He is not elite in my book..However its a good thing for us because Brees's contract will now be less than our NFC counter-parts like Ryan and Rogers to name a few. The high salaries of these players will hurt those teams even more.

Flacco has one good season surrounded by talent and a good D... I think we got off cheap with Brees now lol
blackangold is offline  
Old 03-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #23
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 5,074
Re: Saints March 1st cap status

The QB salaries are getting to a point wher teams might be starting to look for a decent guy that can get you there but won't be elite and break the bank. Oh that was Flacco....
Crusader is offline  
Old 03-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #24
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 466
Re: Saints March 1st cap status

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
the fact flacco got paid so much is a joke... you ask even Raven fans and they'll tell you that.. He is not elite in my book..However its a good thing for us because Brees's contract will now be less than our NFC counter-parts like Ryan and Rogers to name a few. The high salaries of these players will hurt those teams even more.

Flacco has one good season surrounded by talent and a good D... I think we got off cheap with Brees now lol
If you think about it Bress' contract set the new market for Qb's therefore its just going to go up and up everytime a new "elite" Qb comes around. Which could in effect hurt other team's bottom line making it harder to get talent because of how much cap room they take up....

But with that said....if the cap is going to make a major jump like they say in 2015 because the TV money kicks in it might not hurt as much......

Probably won't hurt as much for us either...especially if Brees does restructure next offseason...pushing the high cap numbers into the years where the cap jump will give us much needed relief...or make it less of a hassle to get under when we need to.
NuNu318 is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 3,080
Re: Saints March 1st cap status

Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
The QB salaries are getting to a point wher teams might be starting to look for a decent guy that can get you there but won't be elite and break the bank. Oh that was Flacco....
was being the key word
UK_WhoDat is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #26
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Saints March 1st cap status

Originally Posted by NuNu318 View Post
If you think about it Bress' contract set the new market for Qb's therefore its just going to go up and up everytime a new "elite" Qb comes around. Which could in effect hurt other team's bottom line making it harder to get talent because of how much cap room they take up....

But with that said....if the cap is going to make a major jump like they say in 2015 because the TV money kicks in it might not hurt as much......

Probably won't hurt as much for us either...especially if Brees does restructure next offseason...pushing the high cap numbers into the years where the cap jump will give us much needed relief...or make it less of a hassle to get under when we need to.
Cap scheduled to escalate significantly (more so than recent escalations) in 2015. Just in time for Matty Fleice to kill the Falcons in 2014.

Matt Ryan - Atlanta Falcons - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

This is what the Falcons look like in 2013 (Note: 9m in dead money) WOWZERS
Atlanta Falcons - Salaries by Year
TheOak is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Katy, Tx a suburb of Houston
Posts: 2,031
Re: Saints March 1st cap status

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
the fact flacco got paid so much is a joke... you ask even Raven fans and they'll tell you that.. He is not elite in my book..However its a good thing for us because Brees's contract will now be less than our NFC counter-parts like Ryan and Rogers to name a few. The high salaries of these players will hurt those teams even more.

Flacco has one good season surrounded by talent and a good D... I think we got off cheap with Brees now lol
Flacco's deal in a nutshell is Drew Brees's deal plus a dollar!!!!
alleycat_126 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/55873-saints-march-1st-cap-status.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-01-2013 08:47 AM 8
Saints March 1st cap status This thread Refback 03-01-2013 07:20 AM 98


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts