Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

What exactly are we complaining about?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by AsylumGuido If you remember that game Harper was on the field non-stop coming into that play. He was blitzing all the way down the field on that drive leading up to the turnover. He was gassed before ...

Like Tree26Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #61
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,848
Re: What exactly are we complaining about?

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
If you remember that game Harper was on the field non-stop coming into that play. He was blitzing all the way down the field on that drive leading up to the turnover. He was gassed before the play started, but once he got the ball he gave it all he had left.

Exactly, I can't begin to count the times I've tried to get somebody to understand this point when they bring up how Harper is slow because Bradford ran him down on that play.

Also, Vincent Jackson had a lingering foot problem which had an affect on his speed, which allowed Jenkins to run him down on that famous play this past season.

One needs to contextualize these plays because they don't take place in a vacuum.
FinSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 03-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #62
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: D'iberville, MS
Posts: 1,422
Re: What exactly are we complaining about?

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
Exactly, I can't begin to count the times I've tried to get somebody to understand this point when they bring up how Harper is slow because Bradford ran him down on that play.

Also, Vincent Jackson had a lingering foot problem which had an affect on his speed, which allowed Jenkins to run him down on that famous play this past season.

One needs to contextualize these plays because they don't take place in a vacuum.
I don't think Roman Harper is slow because Bradford caught him. He definitely was gassed. I think he's slow...because he's slow. Lol.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #63
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,516
Re: What exactly are we complaining about?

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
Also, Vincent Jackson had a lingering foot problem which had an affect on his speed, which allowed Jenkins to run him down on that famous play this past season.
I also notice how basketball players always rub their elbow when they miss an easy shot....
Seer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #64
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,848
Re: What exactly are we complaining about?

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
I also notice how basketball players always rub their elbow when they miss an easy shot....

Yeah, but that was a real medical concern.

I remember that it was discussed in the pregame show and during the game, which is why I thought it was weird that it wasn't mentioned as a reason Jenkins was able to run him down when the play happened.
FinSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:34 AM   #65
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,179
Anyone use hand lotion after posting lame replies?
hagan714 likes this.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #66
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,516
Re: What exactly are we complaining about?

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
Yeah, but that was a real medical concern.

I remember that it was discussed in the pregame show and during the game, which is why I thought it was weird that it wasn't mentioned as a reason Jenkins was able to run him down when the play happened.
This was our defensive play of the year and I ain't lettin' go of it until we have another one! We're going to do more than fine with Jenkins especially since he won't have to do Patrick's job as well any more.
Seer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #67
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 2,954
Re: What exactly are we complaining about?

Originally Posted by nola_swammi View Post
Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
First of all, those 40 times average out to a 4.50. It's still not fast. I don't care what you say, or how you try to turn it around. A 4.50 is not fast for a supposed cornerback....
Jabari Greer won seven individual state track championships. ....
40 Yard Dash: 4.50 seconds
Jabari Greer - CB - Tennessee - 2004 NFL Combine Results

Usain Bolt have a slow 40 but no one can pass him in the 100 meter. They need to change the 40x to 100 meters. The avg qb can throw 55 to 65 yards
Interesting because:

Usain Bolt's splits during the Olympic 100m race: RT 0.165, 10m 1.85, 20m 2.87 (1.02), 30m 3.78 (0.91), 40m 4.65 (0.87)
or some at 40 yards would be approx 3.8 to 4.0?

But that is assuming Usain Bolt on an ideal surface, from starting blocks, wearing spikes for more force to push off WITHOUT being decked in Under Armour gear.

Our Saints, Our City, Our Soul
Saints are individuals of exceptional holiness
UK_WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #68
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,684
Blog Entries: 16
Re: What exactly are we complaining about?

We did well with what we had to work with.
homerj07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #69
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,491
Re: What exactly are we complaining about?

some people whine no matter what.

thing is, they'd never qualify for the NFL.
hagan714 likes this.
Choupique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #70
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,516
Re: What exactly are we complaining about?

Originally Posted by Choupique View Post
some people whine no matter what.

thing is, they'd never qualify for the NFL.
If we all did qualify, then we'd be on forums whinin' about folk who did useful stuff like law enforcement, fire fighting, teaching and fixing your car.
FinSaint likes this.
Seer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/56234-what-exactly-we-complaining-about.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-14-2013 08:29 PM 1
What exactly are we complaining about? This thread Refback 03-14-2013 02:48 PM 82


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts