Carucci likes the Saints more than most. I like the looks of this though.
Most likely rushing champion: Deuce McAllister, NO
1. New England (14-2): The Patriots haven't lost much since the Super Bowl, and still have the league's best coach and one of its best quarterbacks.
2. Indianapolis (12-4): The Colts' defense remains a concern, but the offense is too strong to keep them out of the Super Bowl hunt.
3. Philadelphia (12-4): Losing Correll Buckhalter and N.D. Kalu for the season hurts, but not enough to take away from the impact of Terrell Owens and Jevon Kearse.
4. Minnesota (9-7): The explosiveness of the Vikings offense is downright scary, and if the defense comes together, watch out!
5. Kansas City (13-3): Despite some troubling preseason injuries, the Chiefs remain dominant on offense and Gunther Cunningham's more aggressive scheme should improve the defense.
6. Tennessee (12-4): Steve McNair continues to give the Titans offense its quick-strike ability. Chris Brown represents a significant upgrade over aging Eddie George at running back, and the defense still plays with a surly edge.
7. Carolina (11-5): There are some troubling issues on the offensive line and the running game has been shaky this summer, yet Jake Delhomme is an upper-tier quarterback and the defense has championship quality.
8. Baltimore (10-6): The Ravens defense is good enough to get the team back to the Super Bowl, provided Kyle Boller can at least be efficient enough (and maybe better) to help the cause.
9. Seattle (10-6): The Seahawks are intriguing, especially because they could emerge as a major force -- or fizzle before they ever have a chance to get anything started.
10. Green Bay (10-6): Can young players prop up the defense well enough to take advantage of a closing window of opportunity with Brett Favre under center?
11. Denver (10-6): Jake Plummer 's preseason struggles were a bit troubling, but he has the ability and the support of a talented running back in Quentin Griffin to make this team a contender.
12. New Orleans (8-8): Hearing about all of the talent the Saints have is like listening to a broken record; let's see the results.
I think ESPN has us a 13...just below the Cowgirls. Man I\'m wired.
Oh, and I\'m hoping the Patriots get slammed tomorrow night. :P
I think middle of the pack is exactly where we deserve to be until we stop the feast or famine type games.
Its also the perfect place for us mentally. Some upper teams may overlook us and I don\'t think we\'ll be overlooking any lower teams. I am concerned that we might overlook Arizona and San Diego. Both these teams are really bad but I assure you if we go in underestimating either team we WILL lose.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.|
Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com