Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Not sure what to give up for it, but I agree with whoever said it, I definitely want to see Payton and Loomis have a pick in the 2nd round, just to p-zz off Goodell! It would be worth it ...

Like Tree20Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #21
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,768
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop?

Not sure what to give up for it, but I agree with whoever said it, I definitely want to see Payton and Loomis have a pick in the 2nd round, just to p-zz off Goodell! It would be worth it just to have his stern punishment blow up in his face in public like that.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
SaintsBro is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 03-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #22
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,447
Re: Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop?

I've seen this posted a few times and I just don't get it.

If we trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder, or trade a player to get a 2nd, how does that piss off Roger Goodell?
Danno is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #23
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 2,768
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I've seen this posted a few times and I just don't get it.

If we trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder, or trade a player to get a 2nd, how does that piss off Roger Goodell?
Because he took away our 2nd round pick as a punishment. Maybe "piss off" is too strong a word, but it would kinda be egg on his face, metaphorically thumbing the nose, it just makes him look like he's not really in charge the way he thinks he is. I mean if you're the Dad, and you punish a child by saying "I'm the Dad, and I say no cookies from the cookie jar," and the kid ends up getting cookies from Mom, that kind of makes Dad look bad, and defeats the purpose of the punishment, don't you think?
Rell&Gold likes this.
SaintsBro is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #24
LET MY TEAM GO!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Just north of COWGAL HELL
Posts: 286
Re: Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop?

I wouldn't be shocked if there is a Multi team deal regarding the 1st round pick...

Trade player to Receive pick
trade received pick
Multi player/pick deal

Not sure Loomis/Payton has pulled the last card from their sleeves

Wouldn't suprise me if they just made the pick with no deals/trades/etc.
TXGSP is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #25
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hub City
Posts: 576
Re: Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop?

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
Because he took away our 2nd round pick as a punishment. Maybe "piss off" is too strong a word, but it would kinda be egg on his face, metaphorically thumbing the nose, it just makes him look like he's not really in charge the way he thinks he is. I mean if you're the Dad, and you punish a child by saying "I'm the Dad, and I say no cookies from the cookie jar," and the kid ends up getting cookies from Mom, that kind of makes Dad look bad, and defeats the purpose of the punishment, don't you think?
Yeah but if Mom made the kid go mow the lawn and take out the trash (akin to us trading back) then Dad actually won that encounter. If we trade back, Roger probably still sees that as a victory because he made us give up something to get what we originally could have had for free. FURG
burningmetal likes this.
Shoe. is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #26
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Black Pearl University
Posts: 799
Re: Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop?

Originally Posted by Shoe. View Post
Yeah but if Mom made the kid go mow the lawn and take out the trash (akin to us trading back) then Dad actually won that encounter. If we trade back, Roger probably still sees that as a victory because he made us give up something to get what we originally could have had for free. FURG
Except if we trade down 10 spots for mid second rounder, then we would just be in the same draft position as if he hadn't suspended SP and taken that pick away. We have more room to trade down in the first place because of his other punishment, remember?
Shoe. and Rell&Gold like this.
alexonfyre is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #27
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hub City
Posts: 576
Re: Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop?

Originally Posted by alexonfyre View Post
Except if we trade down 10 spots for mid second rounder, then we would just be in the same draft position as if he hadn't suspended SP and taken that pick away. We have more room to trade down in the first place because of his other punishment, remember?
Touche, salesman

Great point
Shoe. is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #28
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,447
Re: Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop?

Originally Posted by alexonfyre View Post
Except if we trade down 10 spots for mid second rounder, then we would just be in the same draft position as if he hadn't suspended SP and taken that pick away. We have more room to trade down in the first place because of his other punishment, remember?
Still doesn't make sense. It still requires us to pay for that 2nd round pick.

I don't think RG should care at all. He's already taken the pick away and we aren't getting it back without giving something else up.

Unless someone just gives us their 2nd rounder for free, Roger wins.
Danno is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,092
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop?

Originally Posted by alexonfyre View Post
Except if we trade down 10 spots for mid second rounder, then we would just be in the same draft position as if he hadn't suspended SP and taken that pick away. We have more room to trade down in the first place because of his other punishment, remember?
I see that point, but it still is a net loss. The fact that we had to go through a terrible season to get a higher pick, to be able to trade down is a loss. We were sure fire superbowl contenders until Roger Hussein started his witch hunt.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #30
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 11,488
Re: Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I've seen this posted a few times and I just don't get it.

If we trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder, or trade a player to get a 2nd, how does that piss off Roger Goodell?
It doesn't really...............it would be no more than a little prod in his side. But it feels good to dream about it.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/56378-trade-down-value-how-far-you-willing-drop.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
2013 Official Free Agency/Trade/Draft Idea Thread - Page 86 This thread Refback 03-19-2013 07:02 PM 4
Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop? This thread Refback 03-19-2013 05:55 PM 67
Trade down value-how far are you willing to drop? | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-19-2013 05:09 PM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-19-2013 05:04 PM 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts