New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Thoughts on Nick Toon (http://blackandgold.com/saints/56426-thoughts-nick-toon.html)

KKSE_Kuba 03-20-2013 05:32 PM

Thoughts on Nick Toon
 
Hi all!

I'm a Wisconsin alum, and just wondering what WHO DAT NATION thought of former Badgers & current Saints WR Nick Toon? I know he was on IR last year, but just wondering fans' thoughts on him and where they see him fitting in with Drew Brees' set of receivers.

I run a growing podcast based in Wisconsin as well, and we actually got a chance to interview him a few weeks back. Would love for you guys to check it out and give any feedback:

Former Badgers & Current Saints Wide Receiver Nick Toon! | Kielbasa Kings’ Sports Extravaganza

Take care, and we up here in Wisconsin definitely give the Saints and WHO DAT NATION much respect, both in fan base and as a team!

WhoDat!656 03-20-2013 05:37 PM

Re: Thoughts on Nick Toon
 
He is expected to be Devery Henderson's replacement.

We are expecting great things from him!!

dizzle88 03-20-2013 05:42 PM

Re: Thoughts on Nick Toon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoDat!656 (Post 488495)
He is expected to be Devery Henderson's replacement.

We are expecting great things from him!!

I thought joe morgan was devery hendersons replacement

I hope Toon can get on the field, he looks to be a great all rounded receiver, with him and moore working the intermediate routes our offense would be back at 2011 level

WhoDat!656 03-20-2013 05:47 PM

Re: Thoughts on Nick Toon
 
[QUOTE=dizzle88;488497]I thought joe morgan was devery hendersons replacement/QUOTE]

One of them will replace Hendeson; unless he takes minimum salary, he is gone like .25 gasoline!!

Danno 03-20-2013 06:04 PM

Re: Thoughts on Nick Toon
 
Kuba,

We have a unique philosophy around here.

If a rookie gets a hangnail in training camp, he goes on IR.

I think he gets a lot of PT this season.

RockyMountainSaint 03-20-2013 06:08 PM

Re: Thoughts on Nick Toon
 
Toon is much more Colston than Deverey.

Dev is fast. Toon is not that.

FinSaint 03-20-2013 06:26 PM

Re: Thoughts on Nick Toon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMountainSaint (Post 488510)
Toon is much more Colston than Deverey.

Dev is fast. Toon is not that.


Exactly, but the Saints do need another Colston type of a possession receiver behind him on the depth chart and Toon will be the second tallest WR on the Saints' roster after Colston.

I do hope he has good OTAs and preseason and that he is able to break through to the active roster - I'm just worried about his history of foot problems.

KKSE_Kuba 03-20-2013 06:31 PM

Re: Thoughts on Nick Toon
 
Yeah, that foot was bothersome for him at UW. He admitted in our episode that he was dealing with that in preparation for his Combine last year, in which in still ran a 4.54, which is impressive in my book for the fact he couldn't even train up until the Combine. I think he ran 4.38 on UW's Pro Day.

Hope he turns out for you guys. Gracious guy off the field, and has a good head on his shoulders.

ChrisXVI 03-20-2013 07:08 PM

Re: Thoughts on Nick Toon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KKSE_Kuba (Post 488492)
Hi all!

I'm a Wisconsin alum, and just wondering what WHO DAT NATION thought of former Badgers & current Saints WR Nick Toon? I know he was on IR last year, but just wondering fans' thoughts on him and where they see him fitting in with Drew Brees' set of receivers.

I run a growing podcast based in Wisconsin as well, and we actually got a chance to interview him a few weeks back. Would love for you guys to check it out and give any feedback:

Former Badgers & Current Saints Wide Receiver Nick Toon! | Kielbasa Kings’ Sports Extravaganza

Take care, and we up here in Wisconsin definitely give the Saints and WHO DAT NATION much respect, both in fan base and as a team!

Hey man, welcome to the board! My wife is from Evansville, WI (right outside of Madison) so I'm plenty familiar with the Badgers as we watch every game we can. I remember we were over the moon when the Saints drafted Nick Toon! We compared him to Marques Colston when we watched him at Wisconsin and adding him to our team made us jump for joy!

KKSE_Kuba 03-20-2013 07:29 PM

Re: Thoughts on Nick Toon
 
Great to hear! Yeah, I live in Madison, and my wife & I actually lived in Middleton, Nick's hometown, for a couple years.

I instantly thought once he was drafted by the Saints how much of a weapon he'd be for Drew Brees & Co.

Should be another good draft class for the Badgers - not as good as the past couple years, IMO, but I think they'll be surprising people.

By the way, if anyone has Twitter - feel free to follow me @KKSE_Kuba, or the official podcast Twitter feed, @KielbasaKingsWI. Hopin' we can get Nick back on in a few months after the Draft and between OTAs and Training Camp.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com