Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Trading up in later rounds

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Barrett Jones is a player I covet. He has foot injury and will drop because of his inability to work out before the draft. It looks like he will last to the end of the 3rd top of the 4th ...

Like Tree6Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 431
Trading up in later rounds

Barrett Jones is a player I covet. He has foot injury and will drop because of his inability to work out before the draft. It looks like he will last to the end of the 3rd top of the 4th I would entertain giving up a 5th rd. I would give up a 5th rd pick to get this guyhe has performed very well at a championship level at four positions on the OL . Terrron Armestead OT I would consider trading this and next years 3rd picks to get this guy.He will go in the mid 2nd rd. Thoughts Ideas Opinions?
triman is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 03-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,371
Blog Entries: 40
Re: Trading up in later rounds

Barrett Jones i think will surprise people IMO there is little or no hope he will get out of the second.

Terrron Armestead ? if he is there sure but to use two picks to get him? i say pass
Rell&Gold likes this.
hagan714 is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
500th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 708
Re: Trading up in later rounds

I read an article in a 20 year old magazine about the top 20 college teams. It went on to list by position all the "top" players. 80% didn't make it in the NFL. No deep meaning to this. It's interesting to look back at lists like that and see how the names on it fared.
Beastmode likes this.
vpheughan is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Katy, Tx a suburb of Houston
Posts: 2,001
Re: Trading up in later rounds

Originally Posted by triman View Post
Barrett Jones is a player I covet. He has foot injury and will drop because of his inability to work out before the draft. It looks like he will last to the end of the 3rd top of the 4th I would entertain giving up a 5th rd. I would give up a 5th rd pick to get this guyhe has performed very well at a championship level at four positions on the OL . Terrron Armestead OT I would consider trading this and next years 3rd picks to get this guy.He will go in the mid 2nd rd. Thoughts Ideas Opinions?
Don't think we are in the best position to trade picks for guys.... Trading down to can the picks to aquire those players sounds better to me
hagan714 likes this.
alleycat_126 is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
100th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 160
Re: Trading up in later rounds

YEUP NO TRADING UP THIS YEAR! It's possible to but will have to trade so of our players that don't fit the 3-4 and positions that we have excess of like RB and CB.
I would trade Roman Harper for a mid-late rd pick and Ivory or Thomas for a 2nd or 3rd and if I could get a 1st for Ingram he gone, but one of our RBs has to be dealt for some picks! We have Cadet ready to blossom like Ivory did this yr then we can sign UFA Spencer Ware I love him for a 3rd down back plus it's a low risk cause theirs no big signing bonus! Also if we sign or draft another CB we can trade Greer!
Leighton B is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 431
Re: Trading up in later rounds

I don't think you could get much more than a 5th rd pick for Ivory. Ingram might get you a 3rd rd pick maybe. IMHO package these players to swap picks would yeild better results. Teams are very reluctant to give up Picks
triman is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #7
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Originally Posted by Leighton B View Post
YEUP NO TRADING UP THIS YEAR! It's possible to but will have to trade so of our players that don't fit the 3-4 and positions that we have excess of like RB and CB.
I would trade Roman Harper for a mid-late rd pick and Ivory or Thomas for a 2nd or 3rd and if I could get a 1st for Ingram he gone, but one of our RBs has to be dealt for some picks! We have Cadet ready to blossom like Ivory did this yr then we can sign UFA Spencer Ware I love him for a 3rd down back plus it's a low risk cause theirs no big signing bonus! Also if we sign or draft another CB we can trade Greer!
Stop yelling at the start of every one of your posts.

Reality Check time:

1. You could not give Harper away. He has a $7M cap figure this year. Ed Reed only got $5M/year.

2. Your not getting anything higher than a 3rd for any RBs. PT may draw a 3rd, the rest are unproven, or have proven to not be worth higher than a 4th.

3. Stop yelling in your posts.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
TheOak is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 11,478
Re: Trading up in later rounds

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Stop yelling at the start of every one of your posts.

Reality Check time:

1. You could not give Harper away. He has a $7M cap figure this year. Ed Reed only got $5M/year.

2. Your not getting anything higher than a 3rd for any RBs. PT may draw a 3rd, the rest are unproven, or have proven to not be worth higher than a 4th.

3. Stop yelling in your posts.
If I had three thumbs they would all be pointing up.
TheOak likes this.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,873
Re: Trading up in later rounds

I don't think he reads any posts, just yells in his own. I've been asking him about Harper too, but no reply.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
Seer1 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 11,478
Re: Trading up in later rounds

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
I don't think he reads any posts, just yells in his own. I've been asking him about Harper too, but no reply.
He doesn't reread any threads I don't believe. I've sent him PM asking him to stop yelling. I get no response.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/56669-trading-up-later-rounds.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Trading up in later rounds This thread Refback 03-30-2013 08:24 AM 103
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 03-29-2013 06:34 PM 8


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts