New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Jonathan Cooper in the first?????? (http://blackandgold.com/saints/56687-jonathan-cooper-first.html)

hagan714 03-31-2013 09:22 AM

Jonathan Cooper in the first??????
 
On my big board i have Jonathan Cooper ahead of Chance Warmack. So there is little chance of it happening IMO but here is my thoughts if the mock draft gurus are right

Anyways here is a thought for the board. if cooper is there and you take him consider putting him at center. I am right now. With the LOT such a big need and ROT being maned by servicable players would it be crazy to shore up the middle of the OL so Drew knows he can step up? It would free the RB up to make outside protection his #1 priority.

2010 opener at center and the following 25 at left guard so there might be some thing there

Then again it would address our power run game up the middle.

If you go with BPA can you live with idea?

Right now i am starting to really consider this as a viable option and the logic is wearing on me.

if Chance Warmack is there i want to trade i just do not see him as flexible OG/OC option. I can see Womack falling

Jonathan Cooper at OG/OC is.

Then again if we did take him i know the phones would be ringing of the hooks for a trade

Ashley 03-31-2013 09:30 AM

Re: Jonathan Cooper in the first??????
 
No matter who I pick year in and year out, it seems we always go in different direction. So I'm just going to ride this year out.
I have no idea who this guy is that you are taking about. So I cant agree or disagree with you on this one

zoltar26 03-31-2013 09:30 AM

Re: Jonathan Cooper in the first??????
 
Well thought out...would make a good worst case scenario...

I was wondering if anyone knew if Grubbs had an experience at T..if so Cooper would be a nice pick up

jcp026 03-31-2013 09:36 AM

Re: Jonathan Cooper in the first??????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zoltar26 (Post 491106)
Well thought out...would make a good worst case scenario...

I was wondering if anyone knew if Grubbs had an experience at T..if so Cooper would be a nice pick up

I think there are worse worst case scenarios. We could f this up.

jeanpierre 03-31-2013 09:40 AM

Re: Jonathan Cooper in the first??????
 
If Warmack fell to us, we select him.

I'd reach on Barrett Jones in the late first before Cooper...

Since Grubbs is a Grader only type; that puts Jonathan Cooper at Center...

lsutigerfan 03-31-2013 09:57 AM

Re: Jonathan Cooper in the first??????
 
Defense defense defense, unless Lane Johnson falls. Although I have to admit I am intrigued with Tavon Austin. But there's no need for a guard especially in the first round.

Seer1 03-31-2013 10:10 AM

Re: Jonathan Cooper in the first??????
 
I just know it's gonna be a long snapper, or a PK, Geno Smith, or something like that. Especially if you're talking guards or centers now. Trades for unproven players, even top tenners aren't going to net us all that much. We still need too many positions filled to blindly grope after that BPA thing. Besides that, there isn't much in the way of agreement anywhere of who the BPA would be at 15.

papz 03-31-2013 10:41 AM

Re: Jonathan Cooper in the first??????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpierre (Post 491110)
If Warmack fell to us, we select him.

I'd reach on Barrett Jones in the late first before Cooper...

Since Grubbs is a Grader only type; that puts Jonathan Cooper at Center...

And what do you do with Warmack?

You've said throughout the years that you consider players selected in the first round bust if they don't start right away. So taking Warmack would be hypocritical don't you think?

Rugby Saint II 03-31-2013 01:01 PM

Re: Jonathan Cooper in the first??????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lsutigerfan (Post 491112)
Defense defense defense, unless Lane Johnson falls. Although I have to admit I am intrigued with Tavon Austin. But there's no need for a guard especially in the first round.

Unless it's an OT..........we'd better go defense.:dunce:

jeanpierre 03-31-2013 01:06 PM

Re: Jonathan Cooper in the first??????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by papz (Post 491126)
And what do you do with Warmack?

You've said throughout the years that you consider players selected in the first round bust if they don't start right away. So taking Warmack would be hypocritical don't you think?


Ok, Ok, settle down and have a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg and I'll esplain Lucy...

You could either

(a) Start him at Center, imagine that front three for Brees...

(b) Move Grubbs or Evans along with the corresponding salary hit...

(c) But you're absolutely right, and I have said it, I wouldn't let him sit and "learn"...

...point is, drafting Warmack would give you options to get younger at guard and reduce the salary commitment to a valuable, but non-skill position...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com