New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Can we please stop a screen (http://blackandgold.com/saints/5676-can-we-please-stop-screen.html)

whodatsaintsfan26 09-12-2004 01:53 PM

Can we please stop a screen
 
What is it with the screens? We cant run them and we cant stop them.

blake6900 09-12-2004 02:20 PM

Can we please stop a screen
 
This is what happens when you\'ve got an offensive coordinator that\'s given up on them because the QB can\'t throw them. If the offense can\'t run it, the defense can\'t practice against it. Isn\'t it funny that Green Bay didn\'t have a problem running screen passes when McCarthy was there.


Even Billy Joe Tolliver could compleate a screen...

whodatsaintsfan26 09-12-2004 02:23 PM

Can we please stop a screen
 
Its not like they havent tried it. They just cant execute it.

saintfan 09-12-2004 02:45 PM

Can we please stop a screen
 
Quote:

This is what happens when you\'ve got an offensive coordinator that\'s given up on them because the QB can\'t throw them. If the offense can\'t run it, the defense can\'t practice against it. Isn\'t it funny that Green Bay didn\'t have a problem running screen passes when McCarthy was there.
Are you seriously trying to say the Saints can\'t stop a screen because you don\'t think Brooks can throw one? How\'s our blockin\' been on those screens eh? NOW I\'ve heard it all. :casstet:

[Edited on 12/9/2004 by saintfan]

saintz08 09-12-2004 02:57 PM

Can we please stop a screen
 
Quote:

Are you seriously trying to say the Saints can\'t stop a screen because you don\'t think Brooks can throw one? How\'s our blockin\' been on those screens eh? NOW I\'ve heard it all.
Why would you need to block for it if the quarterback cannot throw it ????.... ;)

saintfan 09-12-2004 03:09 PM

Can we please stop a screen
 
Quote:

Why would you need to block for it if the quarterback cannot throw it ???
Wake up 08. The real game is on TV right now! :P

saintz08 09-12-2004 03:59 PM

Can we please stop a screen
 
Quote:

Wake up 08. The real game is on TV right now!

Kinda looks like the same ole same ole .

Hasbeen at the helm , Fumbalaya choke artist under center and no linebacker to stuff the run .....

saintfan 09-12-2004 04:03 PM

Can we please stop a screen
 
Quote:

Fumbalaya choke artist under center
Ok. The Season has started. Let\'s hear it 08. Tell us all how Aaron Brooks is responsible. This oughta be good...

saintz08 09-12-2004 04:23 PM

Can we please stop a screen
 
Show me the fire under center .

Hasbeen\'s desire to run a high octane aerial assault , has left no lead blocking for Duece and has taken the leader of the offense out of the game . Brooks aint got the fire , Hasselbeck looked more in command for Seattle . Hopefully we were watching the same game , I saw one were the high octane offense only managed 7 points . ;)

blake6900 09-12-2004 04:37 PM

Can we please stop a screen
 
Quote:

Are you seriously trying to say the Saints can\'t stop a screen because you don\'t think Brooks can throw one? How\'s our blockin\' been on those screens eh? NOW I\'ve heard it all.

Look, if you want to start the season rubbing up against Brooks again, fine. He can\'t throw a short pass consistently. That\'s reality. In fact the only screen he can throw is a wide receiver screen because he\'s throwing it ten to fifteen yards. But when it comes to a five yarder, zilch.


You can argue with me all day long but you asked the question, I answered it. Brooks can\'t throw short. That\'s why screens aren\'t part of the Saints offense. If he could deliver the ball to the back you might see some blocking but if the back has to jump through hoops and make circus catches, it kinda renders the surprise of a screen pass useless, doesn\'t it.


You\'re a smart guy. Stop acting like you don\'t know this...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com