Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by jnormand I'm not against signing him to vet minimum but let's get real here. The only reason he has been in "talks" with the Saints is because no one else wants him. That's what we in the ...

Like Tree37Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #31
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,726
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints

Originally Posted by jnormand View Post
I'm not against signing him to vet minimum but let's get real here. The only reason he has been in "talks" with the Saints is because no one else wants him. That's what we in the investigatory business call a "clue".
True Dat.. however Julian Edelman was not offered either and he is a decent pick up.
Pats get Julian Edelman for bargain price | ProFootballTalk

I guess there are exceptions.
SmashMouth is online now  
Latest Blogs
Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 04-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #32
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,587
Re: Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints

He's certainly worth the vet minimum. He's solid. He just hasn't been the impact player the Saints hoped for when they drafted him so highly. They have done worse.
Cruize is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #33
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,740
Re: Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints

Man its April 12 not April 1st
Seer1 likes this.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #34
In Doh We Trust
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,969
Blog Entries: 16
Re: Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints

Well. No
homerj07 is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 02:54 AM   #35
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,108
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Thats not heart.

If you wanna claim production, I can see your point. But you are in no position to judge his heart.
Effort is all about heart. You can have a great career in college, come into the league and be a big flop, and sometimes it's just because you're over matched. Some guys try hard but just don't match up physically in the NFL. I'm not going to say Sedrick hasn't tried at all, but he has lacked a consistent motor. That IS about heart. I don't know what else you would think that comes from.

You can't have just some heart, you have to be all in. That goes for everything.
jeanpierre and K Major like this.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #36
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5,992
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints

Unless you're coaching or playing with Ellis, I don't think you can question his motivation.

We are talking about a guy who plays DT here. I'm not gushing over sacks from a DT. Haloti Nagta is arguably the best DT in the NFL and he had 5 sacks last year...

What we want from Ellis is to control the line of scrimmage? Can he do that with his size? I haven't seen it too often. BUT what he can do - as Danno pointed out - is rotate in and be a rushing DT (if there is such a thing) on passing downs.

League min. Prove it in camp. If not, no harm. I don't see why people are having issues with this.
Danno likes this.

saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #37
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 844
Re: Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints

hell, I could get .05 sacks over a 31 game span!!! pay me the min
Belair57 is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #38
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 17,726
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints

Originally Posted by Belair57 View Post
hell, I could get .05 sacks over a 31 game span!!! pay me the min
Are you 6'3", 325 lbs? Go for it...
SmashMouth is online now  
Old 04-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #39
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 3,527
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints

As much as i want to see him gone,we have all the cards for this deal.
1 year with a team option for a second for a small salary,incentives extension.The lack of offers this summer may well have lit a fire under his backside.The players have got used to getting deals elsewhere if the didnt play as well as they good.That has stopped,not many teams paying big bucks on long term deals for FA.
He is serviceable as a back up at the very least.Fill as many holes predraft then draft who you want,not who you need.

"Two receivers to the left, Garcon to the right. Manning in the shotgun, puts Collie in motion. Looks in his direction...it's picked off! It's picked off! It's Tracy Porter again! He's runnin' free! He's gonna go all the way!
lee909 is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #40
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,953
Re: Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
Are you 6'3", 325 lbs? Go for it...

Neither is Ellis.
FinSaint is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/56977-sedrick-ellis-contact-saints.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest Sedrick Ellis News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 04-13-2013 02:59 AM 5
Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints This thread Refback 04-12-2013 06:19 AM 50
Sedrick Ellis in contact with Saints | SportSpyder This thread Refback 04-12-2013 02:10 AM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 04-11-2013 11:16 PM 17


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts