New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   NOLA.com Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro (http://blackandgold.com/saints/57361-position-less-important-than-skill-set-case-new-orleans-saints-top-pick.html)

papz 04-26-2013 11:00 AM

Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro
 
1 Attachment(s)
The New Orleans Saints set a precedent when they selected Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro with the No. 15 pick of the NFL Draft on Thursday. Vaccaro is the first safety the Saints have selected in the first round in their 46-year draft history.

Of their previous 44 first-rounders, none was a safety.

Technically, Malcolm Jenkins, who the Saints took with the 14th pick of the first round in 2009, is also a safety. But he was a cornerback at Ohio State and played corner during his rookie season with the Saints.

Vaccaro joins exclusive company as the Saints have only selected four defensive backs in the first round, three of them in the past four seasons. Jenkins, Patrick Robinson (2010) and Alex Molden (1996) were the others.

It'll be interesting to see how the Saints utilize Vaccaro. He's something of a hybrid -- built like a free safety with the skill set of a strong safety.

Continue reading: Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro | NOLA.com

stickman 04-26-2013 02:09 PM

Re: Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro
 
Interesting read. If that is truly why they drafted him, I feel better. And anyone who has watched Roman Harper try to cover Tony Gonzales should feel better.

Danno 04-26-2013 02:10 PM

Re: Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stickman (Post 497574)
Interesting read. If that is truly why they drafted him, I feel better. And anyone who has watched Roman Harper try to cover Tony Gonzales should feel better.

Harper covered him well. I don't get your point.

stickman 04-26-2013 02:15 PM

Re: Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 497576)
Harper covered him well. I don't get your point.

Harper sucks in coverage, I thought the point was obvious.

Danno 04-26-2013 02:17 PM

Re: Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stickman (Post 497578)
Harper sucks in coverage, I thought the point was obvious.

If that was your point you used an example that contradicts your point.

stickman 04-26-2013 02:23 PM

Re: Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 497579)
If that was your point you used an example that contradicts your point.

Whatever man. We all know what they say about arguing on the internet, so, I'll just let it go here.

Danno 04-26-2013 02:28 PM

Re: Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stickman (Post 497581)
Whatever man. We all know what they say about arguing on the internet, so, I'll just let it go here.

Fine whatever, its not really an arguement if one side is contradicting themselves.

stickman 04-26-2013 02:38 PM

Re: Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 497582)
Fine whatever, its not really an arguement if one side is contradicting themselves.

Well, you remember Harper covering someone well, I remember him as being beaten often. So, instead of an argument, we differ on our opinion of his skills.

saintsfan1976 04-26-2013 02:45 PM

Re: Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro
 
Harper wasn't exploited too often. Just when it counted most.

homerj07 04-27-2013 05:35 PM

Re: Position less important than skill set in case of New Orleans Saints' top pick Kenny Vaccaro
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 497582)
Fine whatever, its not really an arguement if one side is contradicting themselves.

Its not argument if you are simply saying "No it isn't"

Yes it is

No it isn't

Wait is this the regular or the 5 minute argument?

Monty Python - The Argument Sketch. :clown:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com