New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Pete Prisco grades I can agree with (Not AAA) (http://blackandgold.com/saints/57398-pete-prisco-grades-i-can-agree-not-aaa.html)

hagan714 04-27-2013 07:39 AM

Pete Prisco grades I can agree with (Not AAA)
 
Pete Prisco grades

15 B Saints select: Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas

This is a need pick. They had to improve the range on the back end. Vaccaro had a heck of a coverage game against Tavon Austin.

75 A- Saints select: Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

He is from a small school but he is a big, nasty player who fills a need.

82 C Saints select: Johnathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia

The concern with Jenkins is his weight. If he can control it, he is a good player in the middle of their defense.

Grades: 2013 NFL Draft Round 3 - NFL - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Sorry i can not jump on the AAA + ranking of this draft to date.

Picks passed up and picks given away only amplify the losses in my book. This is a draft that comes along every once in while were the talent level at the back end of the draft does not drop off like driving of a cliff. We are going to want to redo one or both of the moves or lack of moves in selecting both defensive players. We blew a great chance at adding much needed quality depth to our new 34 defense.

Enough of that I will hang our DC later in the year. If not i have the crow in the freezer already to eat at season end.

I agree with these rating and Pete and I rarely agree

dizzle88 04-27-2013 07:43 AM

Re: Pete Prisco grades I can agree with (Not AAA)
 
Jahri evans was from a small school, look at how he has turned out, armstead could be a great player

hagan714 04-27-2013 07:51 AM

Re: Pete Prisco grades I can agree with (Not AAA)
 
I agree with the a rating because i really like our track history with small school OL scouting and development. if the kid lives up to half the hyped upside he will be an upgrade to Bushrod. now the question is is will he do it next year? i doubt it. year 2? there is a very good chance.

I had him in upper 4th myself but i can understand and accept the pick

It the defensive side of the ball i have issues with.

SmashMouth 04-27-2013 07:56 AM

Re: Pete Prisco grades I can agree with (Not AAA)
 
Who cares what Prisco thinks .... he still is a douchenozzle.

hagan714 04-27-2013 08:03 AM

Re: Pete Prisco grades I can agree with (Not AAA)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMouth (Post 498518)
Who cares what Prisco thinks .... he still is a douchenozzle.

lmao generally i would agree with you. but once in a blue moon he is right.

FinSaint 04-27-2013 08:05 AM

Re: Pete Prisco grades I can agree with (Not AAA)
 
I think those grades are fair and I do agree with Hagan about this draft having a lot of good players even in the lower rounds - still, I don't hate any of the picks or moves, so I'm fairly happy with how things have gone so far.

Now, if they can add either Barrett Jones or Chris Faulk it'd go a long way into widening my smile on this 3rd day of the draft.

triman 04-27-2013 08:38 AM

Re: Pete Prisco grades I can agree with (Not AAA)
 
Still some players on the board. Jenkins dropped 40 lbs. That shows me awareness. and commitment. Armestead can be special . Safety was a nightmare for us last year and an upgrade was critical.. We have addressed everything but pass rush. Lets hope Butler blows up. WR and pass rush should be our final two picks.

Danno 04-27-2013 08:59 AM

Re: Pete Prisco grades I can agree with (Not AAA)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hagan714 (Post 498506)
Pete Prisco grades

15 B Saints select: Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas

This is a need pick. They had to improve the range on the back end. Vaccaro had a heck of a coverage game against Tavon Austin.

75 A- Saints select: Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

He is from a small school but he is a big, nasty player who fills a need.

82 C Saints select: Johnathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia

The concern with Jenkins is his weight. If he can control it, he is a good player in the middle of their defense.

Once again, Prisco is an idiot.

Vacarro was the 16th ranked player on their own CBS boards. We got him at 15. How is this a need pick?

Looks to me like we picked a guy where he was supposed to be picked, and it just so happens that it also fits a need. Iíd imagine all players picked in the 1st round fit their teams needs.

And I canít think of any 350 pound NTís that donít have weight issues listed as a concern. They all do.

He was the 74th rated player on their own CBS boards, slated to be a late 2nd early 3rd rounder that we picked at 82. He was also ranked as one of the top 3-4 NT's available.

Priscoís a moron.

TheOak 04-27-2013 09:06 AM

Re: Pete Prisco grades I can agree with (Not AAA)
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hagan714 (Post 498520)
lmao generally i would agree with you. but once in a blue moon he is right.

So.... Someone you would never agree with, agrees with you, and he becomes correct?

Attachment 6670
Attachment 6671

Does not make either of you correct. Just makes you and Pete in agreement.

rezburna 04-27-2013 09:17 AM

Re: Pete Prisco grades I can agree with (Not AAA)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 498549)
So.... Someone you would never agree with, agrees with you, and he becomes correct?

Attachment 6670
Attachment 6671

Does not make either of you correct. Just makes you and Pete in agreement.

bingo.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com