Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Kenny Vaccaro: Potentially Best Saintsí Safety Ever?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Danno Best ever? Seriously? Wow. Maybe we can bronze his jock before training camp. I am sure that would slow him up quite a bit....

Like Tree29Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
Threaded by AsylumGuido
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 1,890

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (1 votes - 5.00 average)

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Best ever? Seriously?

Wow. Maybe we can bronze his jock before training camp.
I am sure that would slow him up quite a bit.
Views: 2031
Old 05-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #12
In Doh We Trust
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,969
Blog Entries: 16
Re: Kenny Vaccaro: Potentially Best Saintsí Safety Ever?

Play well kid. Play well
homerj07 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #13
lightly scented
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 142
Re: Kenny Vaccaro: Potentially Best Saintsí Safety Ever?

The best season as a saint safety goes to sharper(should have won mvp that year). Best safety over and extended period of time is sammy knight imo. Either way the kids gotta do a a lot more than show potential
jeanpierre likes this.
nicebush25 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #14
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,132
Re: Kenny Vaccaro: Potentially Best Saintsí Safety Ever?

Originally Posted by nicebush25 View Post
The best season as a saint safety goes to sharper(should have won mvp that year). Best safety over and extended period of time is sammy knight imo. Either way the kids gotta do a a lot more than show potential
I'd be on cloud nine if he played like Sammy Knight.
jeanpierre likes this.
Utah_Saint is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,069
Re: Kenny Vaccaro: Potentially Best Saintsí Safety Ever?

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint View Post
I'd be on cloud nine if he played like Sammy Knight.
The only problem with Sammy was he was slower than most overweight linemen.

He became a coverage liability in his last couple of seasons, but his instincts were off the charts!!!

If we're gonna make some Saints comparisons, I view Vacarro's upside as Sammy Knight with much better speed, or Harper with much better ball skills.
Utah_Saint likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,132
Re: Kenny Vaccaro: Potentially Best Saintsí Safety Ever?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
The only problem with Sammy was he was slower than most overweight linemen.

He became a coverage liability in his last couple of seasons, but his instincts were off the charts!!!

If we're gonna make some Saints comparisons, I view Vacarro's upside as Sammy Knight with much better speed, or Harper with much better ball skills.
Just my opinion but "good instincts" or "football smarts" or whatever you want to call it, were missing at safety last year. Again, just my theory but I think during the transition to a zone defense, the safeties may have been discouraged by the coaches from improvising or diagnosing a play as it happened. Instead they my have been encouraged to play the field exactly as they were being taught.
Utah_Saint is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #17
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,069
Re: Kenny Vaccaro: Potentially Best Saintsí Safety Ever?

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint View Post
Just my opinion but "good instincts" or "football smarts" or whatever you want to call it, were missing at safety last year. Again, just my theory but I think during the transition to a zone defense, the safeties may have been discouraged by the coaches from improvising or diagnosing a play as it happened. Instead they my have been encouraged to play the field exactly as they were being taught.
One word... Confusion.

Every member of our secondary looked confused. They didn't know who was supposed to cover who, or who was supposed to hand-off coverage and when.
Danno is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #18
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,069
Re: Kenny Vaccaro: Potentially Best Saintsí Safety Ever?

Originally Posted by Stealthman View Post
Whazzup with you guys? Nobody is "crowning him!" It was just a rhetorical question; not a statement of fact.

Crown Their Ass Remix - YouTube



I know, and some of us (me) jumped on it too harshly. I didn't really notice the question mark and the "potentially" comment. My bad.

We love these interviews so keep them coming Bill. They are greatly appreciated.
Danno is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #19
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Kenny Vaccaro: Potentially Best Saintsí Safety Ever?

Awwwww crap! His jersey has been retired before I had a chance to buy one.
UK_WhoDat and Seer1 like this.
TheOak is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #20
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,866
Re: Kenny Vaccaro: Potentially Best Saintsí Safety Ever?

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Awwwww crap! His jersey has been retired before I had a chance to buy one.
I hate when that happens!
Seer1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/57752-kenny-vaccaro-potentially-best-saints-safety-ever.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-10-2013 04:09 PM 10
Kenny Vaccaro: Potentially Best Saintsí Safety Ever? This thread Refback 05-10-2013 04:02 PM 64


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts