Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by BOLTS4LIFE Chargers will because we face the Eagles in their home opener! I have you in....................its all about drawing Houston/Denver instead of Pittsburgh or New England though at least until the AFCCG....

Like Tree16Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #21
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 947
Re: Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl

Originally Posted by BOLTS4LIFE View Post
Chargers will because we face the Eagles in their home opener!

I have you in....................its all about drawing Houston/Denver instead of Pittsburgh or New England though at least until the AFCCG.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Latest Blogs
MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 05-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #22
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 947
Re: Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl

I am worried about Atlanta. I was doing some reading up and found that Osi always does better after a down year. I just wish I knew how Jackson is going to be used in that game. Honestly the fans talk up Jones a lot but the one who needs to be defended is Roddy. I feel with less opportunities due to Jackson getting in plays, Jones might find a way to not make plays. I know its been a different team winning the division each year but Atlanta could get in as a wild card and win from there. If they go to GB(who they play week 14 btw giving them knowledge), they could win. Then they could go to whoever wins the south(its not going to be Seattle or SF as a 1 seed) and if we sweep they're in position for revenge. If they win that, they could go to Seattle or Arizona and they would lose at Seattle but could beat Zona(I have them losing week 8 there).

And I feel that after Flacco, Ryan is the only heralded qb left that hasnt won and I feel its coming down to Tony getting his ring vs.Manning's fate this season. Because if Manning doesnt win this year, he's not gonna win another one. The pats are hurt, the steelers are in a warm up transition likely(07 like year), the texans are untrusted if Manning doesnt beat them or a team like Atlanta in the sb then he's done.

I pray and hope though that we are the last south team standing this year though. I just have this feeling.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #23
xan
Professor Crab and
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Princeton
Posts: 3,044
Blog Entries: 27
Re: Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl

Reason # 1. Joanie loves Chachi.
Reason # 2. Grated cheese is still cheese.
Reason # 3. There are no blue foods.
Reason # 4. 100% humidity is pretty darn wet.
Reason # 5. Brain damage makes me special.
xan is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #24
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,575
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
TBH, the redskins and bucs' games have to be wins for the lions to get in. I just don't know if they can sweep bears or packers(the vikes game last game comes down to who has more to play for). If they do then yeah they're in.
Yeah, it's wait as usual to see what team in Detroit shows up. They lost all their divisional matchups last season, so there's no where to go but up & I don't see 'em sweeping anyone in the NFC North ... it just isn't their way, . They might get lucky enough to be in the conference championship against the Saints, but the smart money would, in all likehood, still be on New Orleans.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 05-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #25
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 2,880
Re: Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl

Originally Posted by WillSaints81 View Post
I am worried about Atlanta. I was doing some reading up and found that Osi always does better after a down year. I just wish I knew how Jackson is going to be used in that game. Honestly the fans talk up Jones a lot but the one who needs to be defended is Roddy. I feel with less opportunities due to Jackson getting in plays, Jones might find a way to not make plays. I know its been a different team winning the division each year but Atlanta could get in as a wild card and win from there. If they go to GB(who they play week 14 btw giving them knowledge), they could win. Then they could go to whoever wins the south(its not going to be Seattle or SF as a 1 seed) and if we sweep they're in position for revenge. If they win that, they could go to Seattle or Arizona and they would lose at Seattle but could beat Zona(I have them losing week 8 there).

And I feel that after Flacco, Ryan is the only heralded qb left that hasnt won and I feel its coming down to Tony getting his ring vs.Manning's fate this season. Because if Manning doesnt win this year, he's not gonna win another one. The pats are hurt, the steelers are in a warm up transition likely(07 like year), the texans are untrusted if Manning doesnt beat them or a team like Atlanta in the sb then he's done.

I pray and hope though that we are the last south team standing this year though. I just have this feeling.
Huh? Did you forget they've kept the same guy in charge? We're going to cause him to be admitted to a local clinic for a stomach transplant this year.
Seer1 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #26
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 947
Re: Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl

Originally Posted by Seer1 View Post
Huh? Did you forget they've kept the same guy in charge? We're going to cause him to be admitted to a local clinic for a stomach transplant this year.



Yeah I did but lets just hope we don't go down 7 and give them the ball back. I'm just looking at this recent trend setter...............

03/04-Pats
05-Steelers
06-Colts(Manning finally wins)
07-Giants(the other Manning wins), the fall of Pats
08-Steelers, Brady off year steelers get sixth and most sbs
09-Saints-Finally win
Last two years milestone wins.
10-Packers-Rodgers starts new era in GB, underdog sb winner
Also this is the last two years of the other two top tier elite QBs getting on board with a ring.
11-Giants win, underdog#2(beats Pats again). Likely this had too much relation to Manning missing the year and his brother against his rival matched up.
12-Ravens win, underdog #3. Ray finally wins. Flacco gets a ring
Last three years have been the QBs whose teams were underdogs and last two SB winners have been QBs in the second tier status. Ryan, Roethlesberger, and Romo are the other three in this tier with at least more than three years experience. Big Ben has already won two. Romo isnt going, and steelers are in a transition year but could still get there just not win. It just seems recent sb winners are themes of proving onesselves and finally winners mixed in with retiring veterans. Bettis, Strahan, and Lewis are notable retirees who exited as reigning champs.

There's also the Ryan/Flacco factor as its been talked about too much.

There's just every year the sb winner has some link to the previous. Ray/Gonzo and Flacco/Ryan is just too hard to ignore. Gonzo is the only retiring vet left.

We can still beat them regular season, I believe we're better but the best team has not won in the postseason the smartest team has.
WillSaints81 is offline  
Old 05-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #27
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl

I believed we were going to the super bowl when richard todd was our QB.

I've always Believed.
skymike is offline  
Old 05-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 1,957
Re: Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
I believed we were going to the super bowl when richard todd was our QB.

I've always Believed.
We had a QB with two first names? I don't remember who Richard Todd is. Damn....did he start? I
jnormand is offline  
Old 05-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #29
Longtime WhoDat
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 498
Re: Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl

Originally Posted by BOLTS4LIFE View Post
Chargers will because we face the Eagles in their home opener!
Nice to hear from you again, Bolts.

Even though you got rid of Norv Turner, I still think you have a ways to go in the AFC West.
the-commish is offline  
Old 05-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #30
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: humble texas
Posts: 4,869
Re: Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl

Originally Posted by jnormand View Post
We had a QB with two first names? I don't remember who Richard Todd is. Damn....did he start? I
youre joking right? I know you're old like me, so you should remember this one.

Todd played for the Bear at Alabama, and Im sure was a high draft pick of the Jets, looking for their annual savior. He was best known for throwing 2 interceptions to Linebacker A.J. Duhe in the AFC Championship vs. the Dolphins in '83. I personally liked him, and he did have NFL caliber skills, just couldnt get a break or a team around him. Jets fans burned his jersey in the stands.
Bum traded for him, and at one time we had him and Stabler both rotating.
He had us up over Dallas one night by 21, hurt his knee, and Stabler came in
and singlehandedly blew it.
skymike is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/57912-top-5-reasons-were-winning-superbowl.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Other Teams' Message Boards - Page 26 - Mobile 49erswebzone.com Forum This thread Refback 05-20-2013 03:57 AM 7
Other Teams' Message Boards - Page 26 - 49erswebzone.com Forum This thread Refback 05-20-2013 01:44 AM 65
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-17-2013 04:47 AM 10
Top 5 Reasons We're Winning The Superbowl This thread Refback 05-17-2013 02:01 AM 122


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts