Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Lance Moore's Mom says he's 'Underrated'

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by TheGambler LOL @ cut by Cleveland.......Mom, that was divine intervention....you should be thanking Cleveland every day for that haha. And cut on his birthday? Yeah, that was a birthday present ! The story kinda reminded me of ...

Like Tree67Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
Threaded by K Major
Site Donor
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 2,046

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
LOL @ cut by Cleveland.......Mom, that was divine intervention....you should be thanking Cleveland every day for that haha. And cut on his birthday? Yeah, that was a birthday present !

The story kinda reminded me of one of our former punters...Klaus Wilsmyer. His career began by getting drafted in the 12th round by Tampa bay in 1992 (the early 90s Bucs were terrible), and got waived by them. Got picked up by San Fran that same season....and got to play in 3 straight NFC title games, which culminated with a Super Bowl victory in that 3rd season.
+1. I know I'm a LM homer but this guy seems to always know how to make a clutch catch or keep the chains moving. Although we struggled at times on offense, he definitely didn't have the UHaul packed in 2012.

Give em hell Lance!
Halo likes this.
Views: 5532
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 05-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 4,693
Re: Lance Moore's Mom says he's 'Underrated'

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
Don't totally agree with u danno but lance dropping more than his fair share of passes is what keeps him from getting the big time attention he really deserves. He just sometimes loses his concentration on the easiest catches then makes these all world acrobatic imposible throws to him. But i see your point. Miss debbie is a class act person for raising an awesome football player and person.. And your right i'm kissing but.:
Every WR at some point drops passes they should have caught, lance has got a much better track record of not dropping passes than a lot of our WR's

Namely jimmy graham
Halo likes this.
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Lance Moore's Mom says he's 'Underrated'

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
Don't totally agree with u danno but lance dropping more than his fair share of passes is what keeps him from getting the big time attention he really deserves. He just sometimes loses his concentration on the easiest catches then makes these all world acrobatic imposible throws to him. But i see your point. Miss debbie is a class act person for raising an awesome football player and person.. And your right i'm kissing but.:
What is a high drop rate to you? Lance's # is less than 7.

NFL Leaders - Football - NBC Sports

Less than 6
NFL Leaders - Football - NBC Sports

5 drops out of 104 targets
NFL Player Stats - Lance Moore - New Orleans Saints - Football - NBC Sports

2011 - 15th best hands in the league
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ping-the-ball/

Rugby Saint II likes this.

Last edited by TheOak; 05-21-2013 at 11:02 AM..
TheOak is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #14
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,751
Blog Entries: 40
Re: Lance Moore's Mom says he's 'Underrated'

lance has always been a fav around here.
Halo and K Major like this.
hagan714 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #15
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,080
Blog Entries: 44
Re: Lance Moore's Mom says he's 'Underrated'

Gets cut by Cleveland.... hauls in a Superbowl ring in New Orleans. Sounds like a success story to me!
hagan714, TheOak and K Major like this.
Halo is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 3,790
Re: Lance Moore's Mom says he's 'Underrated'

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
What is a high drop rate to you? Lance's # is less than 7.

NFL Leaders - Football - NBC Sports

Less than 6
NFL Leaders - Football - NBC Sports

5 drops out of 104 targets
NFL Player Stats - Lance Moore - New Orleans Saints - Football - NBC Sports

2011 - 15th best hands in the league
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ping-the-ball/

I not saying anything about rankings or stats. Its just the drops when they count. Droped balls on a game winning. Or the very least is a 3rd and 5 or 6 and need that first down or its over and it touched ur hands or you caught a million like it and did't game over or drive killer momentum shift. Just plain cridical drop. Could be the reason lance don't get the espn headliner if thats whats the thread is all about. Look i love me some lance too. Its just not lance also. Grahm. Colston. Just because they keep colston out of the Pro bowl don't mean hes not an elite reciever to me.

GO NEW ORLEANS
st thomas is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #17
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,790
Re: Lance Moore's Mom says he's 'Underrated'

He is a go to for Brees and has always been appreciated here in N.O.
SapperSaint likes this.
Mardigras9 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #18
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,307
Re: Lance Moore's Mom says he's 'Underrated'

The only drop that Lance made that will stick with me is the one that ended Drew's TD streak and it was against the clowns of all teams. His best catch to me is the one in the endzone against the Ravens a few years ago. That showed some serious eye hand coordination there.
SmashMouth likes this.
Budsdrinker is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 933
Re: Lance Moore's Mom says he's 'Underrated'

Very classy lady. Loomis frequently speaks about the Saints selecting athletes with character. Well, in Lance's case we now know where it comes from.

I bet that Koby would trade a few of his championship rings to have a mom like Mrs. Moore.
Halo and Rugby Saint II like this.
dam1953 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #20
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Lance Moore's Mom says he's 'Underrated'

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
I not saying anything about rankings or stats. Its just the drops when they count. Droped balls on a game winning. Or the very least is a 3rd and 5 or 6 and need that first down or its over and it touched ur hands or you caught a million like it and did't game over or drive killer momentum shift. Just plain cridical drop. Could be the reason lance don't get the espn headliner if thats whats the thread is all about. Look i love me some lance too. Its just not lance also. Grahm. Colston. Just because they keep colston out of the Pro bowl don't mean hes not an elite reciever to me.
If your going to say Drew doesn't go to him because of drops then that is a stat, and when it comes down to it with the game on the line Lance is my go to guy above the rest.

Lance Moore is the most clutch receiver we have. There is a reason that Drew goes to lance in all of those situations, it isn't because he drops.

lance does not get ESPN headliners for the same reasons the rest of our WR and RBs don't. We spread the ball, and they wear a Saints Jersey.
SaintnDE likes this.
TheOak is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
lance moore

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/57973-lance-moores-mom-says-hes-underrated.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Will Will Play Will? - Who Dat Social Club This thread Refback 05-21-2013 11:41 AM 4
Lance Moore's Mom says he's 'Underrated' This thread Refback 05-21-2013 10:26 AM 24
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-21-2013 10:16 AM 10


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts