Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Marques Colston Does it Again

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Spot on Dtan To talk of one is to speak of the other. If you want to get technical about it; the QBs, receivers, TE's, and running backs would be nothing without the O-Line; but guess what? ...

Like Tree9Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #21
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,798
Re: Marques Colston Does it Again

Originally Posted by Spot on Dtan View Post
To talk of one is to speak of the other.
If you want to get technical about it; the QBs, receivers, TE's, and running backs would be nothing without the O-Line; but guess what? The Falcons lose again!

You may be the captain of your high school debate team, but it's obvious you don't know **** about football...
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 07-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #22
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,798
Re: Marques Colston Does it Again

Originally Posted by Spot on Dtan View Post
Won nationals at debate.

AND started for three years at CB.
I guess you deserve a cookie... Still doesn't change the fact that you know **** about football and only concerned with "objectivity".
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 07-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #23
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,798
Re: Marques Colston Does it Again

Originally Posted by Spot on Dtan View Post
2) What is your football background? And why is it of such a high order that you can designate my knowledge as "[not knowing] ****?"
My football background? Played from when I was young all the way through high school... DB and WR...

And you don't know **** because your reasoning behind players ability is based on the opinions of others and pro-bowl nominations. And the fact; I have yet to see you engage in any worthwhile football conversations. You chime in just enough to stir everyone up and get a "debate" going so you can "try" and show off your skills... And then when you get called out or shown up, you start clamoring about "objectivity". Otherwise known as a troll...
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 07-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #24
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,798
Re: Marques Colston Does it Again

Originally Posted by Spot on Dtan View Post
You think you're more knowledgeable than men who actually line up with or against them on a daily basis?
No; but I'll trust the recorded stats over those players. Remember this was a debate on which receiver was better, the stats proved Colston is. Why would opinions matter?
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #25
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,798
Re: Marques Colston Does it Again

Again; Truce!

I'm bored...
Spot on Dtan likes this.
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #26
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,116
Re: Marques Colston Does it Again

Very Cool. I need to get that book for my kids.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #27
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,615
Re: Marques Colston Does it Again

Originally Posted by Spot on Dtan View Post
Because opinions are more holistic than numbers.

They take into account, for example:

The fact that MC12 plays for DB9 and Payton and not 'Smitty' and Mattiocre.

The fact that Roddy's career didn't take off until year 3.

Etc...
It would behoove you to stay in the Smack Talk section or anywhere other than the area dedicated to a team you are not a fan of.

Your interjections are turning every thread into a hostile one. Which is precisely what a troll is.

I for one feel if you had 1/4 of the intelligence that you claim, you would have seen this already.

Your persona non grata status is as obvious as Goodell's lack of integrity.
TheOak is online now  
Old 07-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #28
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hub City
Posts: 576
Re: Marques Colston Does it Again

The quiet storm continues to roll across the land...

You da man Marques
Shoe. is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #29
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,724
Blog Entries: 16
Re: Marques Colston Does it Again

What a great story. I know we as fans would not expect any less of him.

I do wish the media would report more of these types of stories & less on people like Aaron Hernandez - hell he isn't even a football player anymore!!
homerj07 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/58927-marques-colston-does-again.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 07-18-2013 09:49 AM 4
Marques Colston Does it Again This thread Refback 07-18-2013 08:29 AM 36


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts