New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham? (http://blackandgold.com/saints/60817-how-hell-bears-going-stop-sproles-graham.html)

WhoDat!656 10-01-2013 09:36 PM

How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Comments are good!

"Might as well chalk this one up as an "L" and move on. Saints will make what Detroit did to the Bears look tame by comparison. It'll be a blowout, at home, no less."

How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?

SmashMouth 10-01-2013 09:58 PM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
It gets better as the thread goes on...

frydaddy 10-01-2013 10:23 PM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMouth (Post 533965)
It gets better as the thread goes on...

Does it ever lol. Smarter bunch than I would have given them credit for. I don't think the bears offense will be able to do much against our D though. We owned Cutler last time we played them, with a far inferior defense. Anyone else remember the picture of him getting yelled at by his midget QB coach? That look on his face? I definitely think this defense is more than capable of putting that same look on it.

SloMotion 10-02-2013 05:45 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMouth (Post 533965)
It gets better as the thread goes on...

Wow! I've never seen a Chicago fanbase throw in the towel so early like that before ... is it a trap? :mrgreen:.

TheOak 10-02-2013 06:12 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SloMotion (Post 534030)
Wow! I've never seen a Chicago fanbase throw in the towel so early like that before ... is it a trap? :mrgreen:.

Miami did the same thing... Its other teams fan-bases seeing things our fan-base doesn't want to see because they still live under the veil of last year. Some of us see it, others want to "save judgement" until week 16... That is like playing pick-em on Tuesday for the week before.

hagan714 10-02-2013 06:22 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
at 4-0 yes it is a trap game.

trap is believing your that good and the other team saying they are not as bad as their last game.

throw records out of the window the day after a game and suit up for the next.

one game at a time

SloMotion 10-02-2013 06:26 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 534034)
Miami did the same thing... Its other teams fan-bases seeing things our fan-base doesn't want to see because they still live under the veil of last year. Some of us see it, others want to "save judgement" until week 16... That is like playing pick-em on Tuesday for the week before.

Well, I gotta' admit, I thought Chicago was gonna' be the toughest game of the next four on the schedule until I saw what Detroit (who I consider to be a junior version of the Saints) did to them. Playing at Soldier's Field is still a concern, but as has been pointed out, it's early in the season and the forecast is for a balmy upper-50's ... watch the wind though, I've been getting blown around the lake pretty good here lately, :mrgreen: ... and I'd like to get an official ruling on exercising the option of turning in my Pick-em's the Tuesday after games, if I could, ;).

TheOak 10-02-2013 06:50 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SloMotion (Post 534041)
Wand I'd like to get an official ruling on exercising the option of turning in my Pick-em's the Tuesday after games, if I could, ;).

That onus falls on the creator of that weeks thread.

I didn't create this weeks thread. Responsibility side stepped. :)

SloMotion 10-02-2013 06:56 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 534048)
That onus falls on the creator of that weeks thread.

I didn't create this weeks thread. Responsibility side stepped. :)

... sending a PM with my request as we speak, :lol:.

thebdj 10-02-2013 07:22 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
I actually have the Bears as slight favourites in this game and I reckon they will have a marginal lead in the spread, very marginal but only just.

We are a better football team. Fact. We are explosive on offence and our defence is playing superbly. We may not generate the turnovers they do but we get more pressure and we ship a lot less points.

Having said that, we are playing at their house. Like it or not, Drew is not the player on grass and away from home that he is AT home and on astro. Don't also rule out the inside slant that Aaron Kromer and Jermon Bushrod will be able to offer on the Saints as a whole.

I still think the Saints will win but it is incredibly close. Foolish to think otherwise.

TheOak 10-02-2013 07:39 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebdj (Post 534058)
I actually have the Bears as slight favourites in this game and I reckon they will have a marginal lead in the spread, very marginal but only just.

We are a better football team. Fact. We are explosive on offence and our defence is playing superbly. We may not generate the turnovers they do but we get more pressure and we ship a lot less points.

Having said that, we are playing at their house. Like it or not, Drew is not the player on grass and away from home that he is AT home and on astro. Don't also rule out the inside slant that Aaron Kromer and Jermon Bushrod will be able to offer on the Saints as a whole.

I still think the Saints will win but it is incredibly close. Foolish to think otherwise.

Ahhh... the discussion of splits...

Drew is better in October More wins and a higher Comp%
He is better on Sunday :p
His Completion % is higher on the road
Drew Brees Career Splits - Pro-Football-Reference.com

His QBR is higher against and his INTs are less against the NFC North than any other division.
Drew Brees | New Orleans Saints | NFL - Yahoo! Sports

SmashMouth 10-02-2013 08:03 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 534059)
Ahhh... the discussion of splits...

Drew is better in Octosweating right a wins and a higher Comp%
He is better on Sunday :p
His Completion % is higher on the road
Drew Brees Career Splits - Pro-Football-Reference.com

His QBR is higher against and his INTs are less against the NFC North than any other division.
Drew Brees | New Orleans Saints | NFL - Yahoo! Sports

That qbr system is a complete fraud.... That being said, those Bears have to be sweating right about now.

TheOak 10-02-2013 08:18 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMouth (Post 534063)
That qbr system is a complete fraud.... That being said, those Bears have to be sweating right about now.


I am still trying to figure out how grass vs turf effects arm accuracy or ball trajectory. :-)

Budsdrinker 10-02-2013 08:23 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 534066)
I am still trying to figure out how grass vs turf effects arm accuracy or ball trajectory. :-)

Effects receivers more coming out of their breaks. Better wear the longer cleats.

TheOak 10-02-2013 08:24 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budsdrinker (Post 534067)
Effects receivers more coming out of their breaks. Better wear the longer cleats.

Ahhhh the Mike Bell factor.

poydras 10-02-2013 08:24 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
They'll stop our offense by watering the field all week and not mowing the grass and making it a slow field.

jnormand 10-02-2013 10:02 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by poydras (Post 534069)
They'll stop our offense by watering the field all week and not mowing the grass and making it a slow field.

Green Bay and San Fran love doing that to us. Ick....always pisses me off.

SmashMouth 10-02-2013 10:29 AM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 534066)
I am still trying to figure out how grass vs turf effects arm accuracy or ball trajectory. :-)

Well Cutler will be even more familiar with how the Soldier Field grass tastes, even if it is watered throughout the week. He may actually like a little hydration after each play.

Rugby Saint II 10-02-2013 01:01 PM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
This is the first time that I'm not a little nervous about playing in Chicago. I have faith.

westbankdaze 10-02-2013 01:24 PM

re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
I had and still have this game down as a loss in my predictions. There some things working against us:

1. We haven't beaten the bears in their house in the Brees era.

2. It's an outdoor away game. Our record isn't the best in those conditions. Thankfully it's not west coast

3. We are on a short week

4. Aaron Kromer and Bushrod are their intel for this game.

5. We are facing one of the best DB in the league with Tillman.

6. We still don't have a run game. Not sure what this all means if we can screen pass instead, but I still don't think this is a very positive thing for the team.

I dunno but this is going to be a defining game for us this season probably more so than the Miami game.

The Dude 10-02-2013 01:31 PM

Re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebdj (Post 534058)
I actually have the Bears as slight favourites in this game and I reckon they will have a marginal lead in the spread, very marginal but only just.

We are a better football team. Fact. We are explosive on offence and our defence is playing superbly. We may not generate the turnovers they do but we get more pressure and we ship a lot less points.

Having said that, we are playing at their house. Like it or not, Drew is not the player on grass and away from home that he is AT home and on astro. Don't also rule out the inside slant that Aaron Kromer and Jermon Bushrod will be able to offer on the Saints as a whole.

I still think the Saints will win but it is incredibly close. Foolish to think otherwise.

Totally agree. This will be tough. They have owned us up there in the Payton era. I do think we win this one but its going to come down to the wire and its going to be all about turnovers. They are gonna we the field.

exile 10-02-2013 01:42 PM

Re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 534160)
Totally agree. This will be tough. They have owned us up there in the Payton era. I do think we win this one but its going to come down to the wire and its going to be all about turnovers. They are gonna we the field.

Agreed. The line is currently PK which has me itching.

neugey 10-02-2013 01:51 PM

Re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
The Bears have their weapons too. Forte is no slouch and Marshall can take over a game if his head is right and Cutler is accurate. One bad game against the Lions doesn't mean they suck. They are a worthy opponent.

dueceloose 10-02-2013 03:06 PM

Re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Every time we've played in soldier field has it been winter/December? I know Drew may not play well in wind but as long as he doesn't throw pics. We can do it

dueceloose 10-02-2013 03:09 PM

Re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Another win.. = More media attention. Get the bandwagon ready Alfred!

homerj07 10-02-2013 06:35 PM

Re: How the hell are the Bears going to stop Sproles and Graham?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hagan714 (Post 534039)
at 4-0 yes it is a trap game.

trap is believing your that good and the other team saying they are not as bad as their last game.

throw records out of the window the day after a game and suit up for the next.

one game at a time

My mantra so far this season & it will continue to be my mantra throughout the season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com