Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Patriots given extra timeout!!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Most people I have spoke too gave said the refs cost us the gane and I agree with that, but we had the game won and should have killed it off.The refs put us in a hole, we climbed out ...

Like Tree47Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 3,734
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Patriots given extra timeout!!

Most people I have spoke too gave said the refs cost us the gane and I agree with that, but we had the game won and should have killed it off.The refs put us in a hole, we climbed out then fell back in the pit.
lee909 is online now  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 10-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,581
Re: Patriots given extra timeout!!

Two huge turning points in the game, Brees calls a time out and the official ignores it and the fact that without the time out the clock ran out. The result? A turn over. (They also did it again to Payton the sidelines.)

The second was the blatantly obvious holding on the winning touchdown. How could the ref miss that? I don't think he did. He just deliberately ignored it. The result? We lose.

I'm not one for blaming a loss on the refs but in this case I believe it's warranted. We won't even mention Talib mugging Graham 10-15 yards down field all day.

If we had handled our business we wouldn't be as incensed as we are today because we would have won the game but this was outrageous!

The referees shouldn't be the deciding factor in a game like this.

(And we're going to be lectured by a Falcons fan? You have to be kidding me.)
Boutte is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #13
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 423
Re: Patriots given extra timeout!!

The game had me in a bad mood all day. However, a Falcons fan lecturing us on how to handle a loss sure did bring the laughs.
onebyone is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #14
Who Dat!!??!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: AThelL
Posts: 167
Re: Patriots given extra timeout!!

Originally Posted by Boutte View Post
Two huge turning points in the game, Brees calls a time out and the official ignores it and the fact that without the time out the clock ran out. The result? A turn over. (They also did it again to Payton the sidelines.)

The second was the blatantly obvious holding on the winning touchdown. How could the ref miss that? I don't think he did. He just deliberately ignored it. The result? We lose.

I'm not one for blaming a loss on the refs but in this case I believe it's warranted. We won't even mention Talib mugging Graham 10-15 yards down field all day.

If we had handled our business we wouldn't be as incensed as we are today because we would have won the game but this was outrageous!

The referees shouldn't be the deciding factor in a game like this.

(And we're going to be lectured by a Falcons fan? You have to be kidding me.)

The referees shouldn't be the deciding factor in ANY game.
B005TED is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #15
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Re: Patriots given extra timeout!!

Originally Posted by Boutte View Post
Two huge turning points in the game, Brees calls a time out and the official ignores it and the fact that without the time out the clock ran out. The result? A turn over. (They also did it again to Payton the sidelines.)

The second was the blatantly obvious holding on the winning touchdown. How could the ref miss that? I don't think he did. He just deliberately ignored it. The result? We lose.

I'm not one for blaming a loss on the refs but in this case I believe it's warranted. We won't even mention Talib mugging Graham 10-15 yards down field all day.

If we had handled our business we wouldn't be as incensed as we are today because we would have won the game but this was outrageous!

The referees shouldn't be the deciding factor in a game like this.

(And we're going to be lectured by a Falcons fan? You have to be kidding me.)
I'm sorry, did the refs force brees to throw that interception? Did the refs force brees to make that terrible throw?! This is what I mean when I talk about excuses. The saints had every chance in the world to win this game refs or no refs and they still blew it!

There are bad calls in every single NFL game. This isn't some conspiracy towards the saints like you're making it out to be. All you're doing is making your whole fanbase look like sore losers. You lost to the better team! Accept it!
Falcons91 is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 761
Re: Patriots given extra timeout!!

First off, Falcon91... STFU
You have no frame of reference.

Second,
Halo Isn't that what these types of forums are for?
To complain about stuff.?.?.
Couldn't you say "you are super disappointed" about every single post?
People come here to vent their frustration.
Yeah, we know "The Pats made more plays." yada, yada, yada...
"Saints should have put the game away."
But that doesn't change the fact some people believe the Pats were given a little help.
I watched the game in a restaurant, no sound... I had to text my brother (who was watching with sound) to see if the announcers were commenting on the officiating. This was before the final drive.
So visually, there was something going on.

The weather is always 72 degrees and perfect, in the Dome
frankeefrank is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #17
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,899
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Patriots given extra timeout!!

Originally Posted by onebyone View Post
The game had me in a bad mood all day. However, a Falcons fan lecturing us on how to handle a loss sure did bring the laughs.
Well, they do have a bit more practice at it, .
SloMotion is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #18
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 606
Re: Patriots given extra timeout!!

I am not upset about a timeout, I am pissed cuz a no call holding on patriot's touchdown,,,the ref is place in back of the qb to make those calls,,,what da he'll was he looking at to miss that! Second, a false start call on the saints that was obviously a offside on patriots.


Next the play calling on the offense, when have Payton started playing the offense to not lose the game? He was always a play to win "petal to the metal" I just don't want to go back to the dome patrol era great defense and conservative offense,, I just can't handle the drama
darksoul35 likes this.
nola_swammi is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #19
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 4,905
Re: Patriots given extra timeout!!

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
No offense to you Saints1234 because I know you're just posting this.

The Fox graphic is NOT the official game timeout counter.
There was a TV timeout in there and the Saints took a timeout.

I'm super disappointed in our fanbase. I'm seeing people crying like children all over the internet after a loss to a solid team. We're sounding like falcons life with the conspiracy theories.

If the NFL finds the Pats got an extra timeout, they'll make that determination. Still will do NOTHING to give us a W we did not earn. I wouldn't want a win like that anyway. We lost the game guys and gals, beaten by a superior force. We'll learn and adjust and live to die another day.

We're really sounding like crybaby bad sports who cannot take or handle a loss. You take the loss, give congrats the other team and move on. I'm sorry that I'm realizing how many of our fans are unsportsman bandwagoneers. I digress....
You should be listening to the radio in Houston today. LOL! Its great. "...Matt Schaub is the reason for the govt shutdown... waa waa waa..."

This loss hurts. I wanted to be 6-0. I wanted to beat the Pats in their
own house. We were 10 seconds from doing that. Life goes on.
Lets raise hell in the Dome 10-27.
Halo likes this.
skymike is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #20
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Belle Chasse
Posts: 1,581
Re: Patriots given extra timeout!!

Originally Posted by Falcons91 View Post
I'm sorry, did the refs force brees to throw that interception? Did the refs force brees to make that terrible throw?! This is what I mean when I talk about excuses. The saints had every chance in the world to win this game refs or no refs and they still blew it!

There are bad calls in every single NFL game. This isn't some conspiracy towards the saints like you're making it out to be. All you're doing is making your whole fanbase look like sore losers. You lost to the better team! Accept it!
Yeah they kinda did. If they were doing their job he doesn't have to make that play. They failed not once but twice. Chide Brees all you want but that play should never have taken place.

And no they're not a better team. They're possibly our equal but I kind of doubt that they would have given us as good a game in our house as we gave them in ours.

And I can only assume that you're here because you can't stand that collection of village idiots that habitates every Falcons forum I've ever visited.
Boutte is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/61187-patriots-given-extra-timeout.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Patriots given extra timeout!! | SportSpyder This thread Refback 10-14-2013 12:40 PM 27
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 10-14-2013 12:37 PM 7
Patriots given extra timeout!! This thread Refback 10-14-2013 12:10 PM 92


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts