Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Incognito or Martin - Would you want them??

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Good grief, Charlie Brown. Between Miami's "stuff", Jacksonville being who they are, and Tampa's head coach plus ownership, I believe we have a true Triangle of S--t in the state of Florida right now....

Like Tree101Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #71
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,011
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Incognito - Would you want him??

Good grief, Charlie Brown. Between Miami's "stuff", Jacksonville being who they are, and Tampa's head coach plus ownership, I believe we have a true Triangle of S--t in the state of Florida right now.
Barry from MS is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 11-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #72
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 4,905
Re: Incognito - Would you want him??

nope. if you say it in your own expressions, then its not really a bad
word to you. Logic has no color.

rap is garbage anyway.
BBBBBBBBBB! BBBBBBBBBBBB! BBBBBBBBBBB! BBBBBBBBBBBB! is not music.
its pollution.
nola_swammi likes this.
skymike is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #73
100th Post
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Incognito - Would you want him??

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
Good grief, Charlie Brown. Between Miami's "stuff", Jacksonville being who they are, and Tampa's head coach plus ownership, I believe we have a true Triangle of S--t in the state of Florida right now.
It's an axis of shoot if you look past Florida and throw in the Failcons
Barry from MS likes this.
Michigan_SF is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #74
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 957
Re: Incognito - Would you want him??

Richie isn't Saint material and we dnt need more bad press after the bounty stuff.
dueceloose is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #75
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,935
Re: Incognito - Would you want him??

I seriously doubt a real racist could work for a company where over 65% of the employees are black and do it for 13 years if you count college.

Could you imagine working for McDonalds and the sight of hamburgers makes you mad as hell but you still do it for 13 years...come on.
SloMotion likes this.
Beastmode is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #76
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 4,905
Re: Incognito - Would you want him??

Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
I seriously doubt a real racist could work for a company where over 65% of the employees are black and do it for 13 years if you count college.

Could you imagine working for McDonalds and the sight of hamburgers makes you mad as hell but you still do it for 13 years...come on.
I was thinking that too. That would be like working at Yellow CAb and hating people from other countries. Again, this whole story is fishy:

RI was "bullying/harassing" his LT. He said the Forbidden Word.
He also said he would slap his mother. Im having trouble believing there was
a real threat to this happening.
RI and other guys talked a lot of smack to each other already.
RI was pushed by management to toughen up LT.
RI & LT were best friends.
Some kicker (and we know kickers are ghey) says RI has issues.
We do know that RI plays like Conrad Dobler. (google him, kids)

Understand, Im not trying to defend anyone, as much as I want to cut thru the crap, and know the truth. And when I hear Forbidden Words, Bullying, Sexual Harassment, Gay Bashing, Failure to Recycle, Not Being Green, and Calling People Indians, I want to start over, and just hear some facts in context.
exile and SloMotion like this.
skymike is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #77
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Incognito - Would you want him??

Originally Posted by WHODATINCA View Post
I think threatening someone's life is a prosecutable offense.
That is called assault and is a misdemeanor in most states. $1000 fine, 6 hours in jail...... Less of a crime than a bar fight.

It's the use of a telecommunication device to do it that elevates it. Same way fraud is a misdemeanor but "mail fraud" is a federal felony.

Crimes in excess of a certain dollar amount also elevate to a felony, like extortion of $15,000.


One other thing. That $15,000 if paid has salary
cap implications and the league will have something to say about that.

Last edited by TheOak; 11-07-2013 at 06:20 AM..
TheOak is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #78
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 16,193
Re: Incognito - Would you want him??

Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
I seriously doubt a real racist could work for a company where over 65% of the employees are black and do it for 13 years if you count college.

Could you imagine working for McDonalds and the sight of hamburgers makes you mad as hell but you still do it for 13 years...come on.
That logic would make slaves 150+ years ago white.

Racism does not always come in the form of hate... It more often comes in the form of the feeling of superiority.

A 30 year old, grown assed, college educated man has no excuse.

That being said, Incognito isn't the biggest idiot in this scenario. The impotent coach that uses maligned peer pressure to motivate his players is.
WHODATINCA likes this.
TheOak is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #79
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 4,897
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Incognito - Would you want him??

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post

"His context isn't the same as Riley Cooper's. Not even by a long shot ...

Doesn't matter, that word is viewed as inflammatory in any context ... at least by my generation. My personal observations are that it no longer carries the same stigma for generations born in the 80's/90's.

"I never cared if a white team mate used the word around me, but if he respected me or blacks in general at all then he wouldn't even use it regardless ...

Exactly the point I was making.

"Also, the "usage in rap" argument is so stupid. Eminem, Yelawolf, Macklemore, Machine Gun Kelly, none of them use it, and they'd be far more accepted in the black community then Incognito. Hell, they already are ...

Never even mentioned the "rap" argument, and other than Eminem, couldn't even name a song those other artists recorded.

"That, and the whole culture of the locker room talk is bs. Now like I said, what he said doesn't bother me. I became immune to it years ago. But this faulty ass logic created by people who aren't even black is ridiculous ...

This is the part of the reply I find ridiculous, that and the fact Jonathon Martin sits on a racial slur/death threat/extortion attempt for 6/7 months. For some reason, he didn't take it serious enough at the time to do something about it ... possibly because that was normal behavior for the Miami Dolphin locker room and condoned by his teammates whether they be black or white?. I've seen it before and it's a stupid situation where Incognito didn't demonstrate the character (as we both agree) to not take advantage of the locker room environment by not using that slur and was, in all probability, enabled by the fact no one, black/white/coach/player checked his dumb ass when he often did ... but I digress.

Now I know you like to yank chains a bit, so I'm not gonna' take it personal, but your last point implying a person's observation/argument/logic can't possibly be anything but faulty based on the color of their skin is insulting and ridiculous ... but I understand your logic, it's the same logic that's made the City of Detroit, the city I live and grew up in, what it is today ... one may wrongfully feel I am defending Incognito, I am not ... I'm just not gonna' throw him totally under the bus until everything comes out. I've done it before, would do it for anyone & I'll do it again, .
There's common ground, Rez.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #80
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,750
Blog Entries: 40
Re: Incognito - Would you want him??

see i have been reading these and following the case a bit. your guilty after the facts are heard. all the facts. we are no were near that point. till then i will not pass judgement and would not be upset if the saints were talking to him just encase all of this is not as bad as it is made out in the media from day one. even the media is back tracking now. so let this play out then if guilty hang the guy. copy and paste
xan and WhoDat2301 like this.
hagan714 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/61676-incognito-martin-would-you-want-them.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Incognito or Martin - Would you want them?? This thread Refback 11-09-2013 09:30 AM 7
Incognito - Would you want him?? This thread Refback 11-05-2013 01:04 PM 14
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 11-05-2013 11:37 AM 5


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts