New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   How to avoid sucking as a team and other insights (http://blackandgold.com/saints/61728-how-avoid-sucking-team-other-insights.html)

xan 11-07-2013 12:59 PM

How to avoid sucking as a team and other insights
 
I'm not surprised that the Dolphins suck. Even expected the Bucs to be terrible. This bully scandal has lifted the lid on the internal dynamics of an NFL team's culture. It seems that there is a high correlation between how bad a team is and the amount of needless systemic conforming the players are forced to endure.

I wonder what it is like in the Saints' locker room and if things may change?

hagan714 11-07-2013 05:59 PM

Re: How to avoid sucking as a team and other insights
 
right now it is time for a gut check and to step up their game. if a player does not see that by now i would be looking to replace him next year that's if i could not find a player on the team to do it now

dueceloose 11-07-2013 06:04 PM

Re: How to avoid sucking as a team and other insights
 
Is it me or does ESPN always have something depressing to talk about.

Bounty gate
Hernandez Saga
Bullying down south

that's how you get the views I guess.

SmashMouth 11-08-2013 08:38 AM

Re: How to avoid sucking as a team and other insights
 
I will always remember when the late Jim Finks said that the Saints needed to get smarter as a football team. That means getting higher IQ players, of course. I think the Saints are smarter now, generally speaking.

SaintsBro 11-08-2013 08:53 AM

Re: How to avoid sucking as a team and other insights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMouth (Post 545772)
I will always remember when the late Jim Finks said that the Saints needed to get smarter as a football team. That means getting higher IQ players, of course. I think the Saints are smarter now, generally speaking.

Absolutely true. I don't know about this year's scores in particular, but in past years, the Saints have been THE smartest team in the NFL, both in terms of the Wunderlic test that is given to college football draft prospects, and I also heard a stat that was based on the average GPA of the players from college, when you added them all up, team by team, the Saints were at the top or near the top of the league.

saintfan 11-08-2013 09:43 AM

Re: How to avoid sucking as a team and other insights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dueceloose (Post 545698)
Is it me or does ESPN always have something depressing to talk about.

Bounty gate
Hernandez Saga
Bullying down south

that's how you get the views I guess.

ESPN stopped being a "sports" network long long ago. Now, they're just like any other "News" network. The money is in the controversy.

iceshack149 11-08-2013 01:15 PM

Re: How to avoid sucking as a team and other insights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 545797)
ESPN stopped being a "sports" network long long ago. Now, they're just like any other "News" network. The money is in the controversy.

I've attempted to contact hosts for the ESPN radio shows to ask them to report more on actual sports than spend SO much time on social issues. There's so much sports to talk about and we're forced to listen to the garbage in Miami all week long. I heard about it. I get it. I listen to sports talk radio for one reason: sports.

In Fairbanks, we have only one sports radio station and it's ESPN. I listen to it all the time and both SVP and Cowherd have said that they are at the mercy of their director when it comes to sports topics for their respective show. Cowherd swears that the ratings are higher when they focus on these social issues because it intrigues women. That's selling out but it makes them money.

LeBatard is AWFUL.

Danno 11-08-2013 01:27 PM

Re: How to avoid sucking as a team and other insights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iceshack149 (Post 545854)
I've attempted to contact hosts for the ESPN radio shows to ask them to report more on actual sports than spend SO much time on social issues. There's so much sports to talk about and we're forced to listen to the garbage in Miami all week long. I heard about it. I get it. I listen to sports talk radio for one reason: sports.

In Fairbanks, we have only one sports radio station and it's ESPN. I listen to it all the time and both SVP and Cowherd have said that they are at the mercy of their director when it comes to sports topics for their respective show. Cowherd swears that the ratings are higher when they focus on these social issues because it intrigues women. That's selling out but it makes them money.

LeBatard is AWFUL.

Probably the worst "big name" talking head in the business. Well, right behind Steven A Smith and Skip Bayless.

iceshack149 11-08-2013 02:50 PM

Re: How to avoid sucking as a team and other insights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 545859)
Probably the worst "big name" talking head in the business. Well, right behind Steven A Smith and Skip Bayless.

I agree but he's trying hard to catch up.

WHODATINCA 11-08-2013 04:08 PM

Re: How to avoid sucking as a team and other insights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iceshack149 (Post 545883)
I agree but he's trying hard to catch up.

There is no one worse than Skip Bayless. Word.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com