New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Cowboys fan here! (http://blackandgold.com/saints/61730-cowboys-fan-here.html)

TeamCowboys 11-07-2013 02:20 PM

Cowboys fan here!
 
Hello! Lifelong Cowboys fans here, coming in peace! I always like to start accounts on other forums to discuss upcoming games. I think you guys have a heck of a team and one of the best QB's in football, along with one of the best HCs and DCs. I really wish we didn't fire Rob Ryan, but I'm glad you guys have him.

I think we have a good team and the worst GM in the NFL. It pains me to think of what the Cowboys could be without Jerry Jones. And Jason Garrett, I dunno. Some calls he makes just confuse me. Like last week, Demarco Murray was averaging 7 YPC, but only got the ball 8 times. How does that work?!?!?! :confused:

I think, to win, both our teams are in the same situation. You guys have to burn our Secondary, which isn't that hard, and we have to UNLEASH THE ROMO!!! Seriously, we've been running the West-Coast, dink-and-dunk offense this year, and it makes me want to vomit. Romo is a Gunslinger, not a short-pass guy.

We're, sadly 8 points away from being 8-1. Lost to KC by one point, Lost to Denver by three. We're sooo close.

I'd like to ask some questions. What Saints players', that don't make the ESPN highlight reel every week, should I know to watch for?

For us, that would be Cole Beasley. Cole Beasley is 5'8, 170-something. He's quick. He gets the 1st down every time, and can catch anything.

Good Luck Sunday!

exile 11-07-2013 02:24 PM

Re: Cowboys fan here!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamCowboys (Post 545648)
Like last week, Demarco Murray was averaging 7 YPC, but only got the ball 8 times. How does that work?!?!?! :confused:

Welcome TeamCowboys. Wow, do we know about this situation in New Orleans. Seems to be propagating to a lot of NFL teams lately that RBs aren't as useful as they once were. 10 yards and a cloud of dust has turned into a 1yd run then play action on a 50-yard pass. Then a TE reverse or something.

Watch out for Corey White on our D in my opinion. He can be a game changer, but not always in a good way.

Let's get this going already.

CoreyO 11-07-2013 02:27 PM

Re: Cowboys fan here!
 
Roman harper, has been out for a while so no highlights for him but i think he will come back hard in this game

|Mitch| 11-07-2013 02:38 PM

Re: Cowboys fan here!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamCowboys (Post 545648)
What Saints players', that don't make the ESPN highlight reel every week, should I know to watch for?

That's kind of difficult to answer, on offense Drew can give any receiver a big day just like Stills the past couple of weeks.

And our whole defense except for Cameron Jordan is basically never talked about, but they're ranked 5th(points per game) so take your pick...

Beastmode 11-07-2013 02:46 PM

Re: Cowboys fan here!
 
Only thing we have in common is Joe Horn used a flip phone in the dome
And Jerry still does.

Utah_Saint 11-07-2013 02:53 PM

Re: Cowboys fan here!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamCowboys (Post 545648)
What Saints players', that don't make the ESPN highlight reel every week, should I know to watch for?

Like Mitch said, Cameron Jordan has been excellent for the Saints D this season. He hasn't been doing it as long as D. Ware or C. Wake , but this season he's been putting pressure on QB's as well as they have. If he can keep it up over several seasons, he'll be a star in the league as well.
Jordan along with Junior Galette, have been harassing QBs all season. It's been a big part of the defensive turn around we've seen.

(couple of names you might not have heard of)

Jack Vegas 11-07-2013 02:55 PM

Re: Cowboys fan here!
 
I think the players we count on most that don't make highlights reels are the two linebackers, David Hawthorne and Curtis Lofton. Those guys have played great football. (except for last week against the Jets which was just a bad, bad showing on defense).

On offense there aren't any real surprises. With Colston out and Graham limited, you'll probably see a lot more of Lance Moore than you normally would. But he's not really an unknown.

I would say this game comes down to one matchup: Keenan Lewis on Dez Bryant. If Lewis gets the upper hand on Bryant early and the Saints can get a couple scores ahead at home in the Dome, then it's over. Otherwise it's probably going to be a real close one.

Halo 11-07-2013 02:56 PM

Re: Cowboys fan here!
 
Roman Harper - will beef up our run stop ability and may grab a turnover.

Pierre Thomas - I always mention him even-though we're not running much this year. Out of nowhere he'll break 8 to 11 yard runs on first or second down out of nowhere... (then Sean Payton forgets to call his number and we go back into throw every-down-mode - but that's another story.)

At home our defensive line will shock you! They're not as good away.

AsylumGuido 11-07-2013 03:16 PM

Re: Cowboys fan here!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamCowboys (Post 545648)
Hello! Lifelong Cowboys fans here, coming in peace! I always like to start accounts on other forums to discuss upcoming games. I think you guys have a heck of a team and one of the best QB's in football, along with one of the best HCs and DCs. I really wish we didn't fire Rob Ryan, but I'm glad you guys have him.

I think we have a good team and the worst GM in the NFL. It pains me to think of what the Cowboys could be without Jerry Jones. And Jason Garrett, I dunno. Some calls he makes just confuse me. Like last week, Demarco Murray was averaging 7 YPC, but only got the ball 8 times. How does that work?!?!?! :confused:

I think, to win, both our teams are in the same situation. You guys have to burn our Secondary, which isn't that hard, and we have to UNLEASH THE ROMO!!! Seriously, we've been running the West-Coast, dink-and-dunk offense this year, and it makes me want to vomit. Romo is a Gunslinger, not a short-pass guy.

We're, sadly 8 points away from being 8-1. Lost to KC by one point, Lost to Denver by three. We're sooo close.

I'd like to ask some questions. What Saints players', that don't make the ESPN highlight reel every week, should I know to watch for?

For us, that would be Cole Beasley. Cole Beasley is 5'8, 170-something. He's quick. He gets the 1st down every time, and can catch anything.

Good Luck Sunday!

Welcome! What is your home board? I too join boards all over the league.

SmashMouth 11-07-2013 04:55 PM

Re: Cowboys fan here!
 
Welcome... Oh and BTW... we won't fall for that DeMarcus Ware injured trick ... so get that thought outta here. LOL

Man... it's got to kill ya to choke so many times like that at the end.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com