Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

NEW Mark Ingram thread (post Dallas)

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Danno Prediction... If he's hit 3 yards behind the line, he won't gain much. If the O-line opens up decent holes for him, he'll play well. hmm your right, if he gets easy holes, 10 yards of ...

Like Tree176Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #191
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,784
Blog Entries: 3
Re: NEW Mark Ingram thread (post Dallas)

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Prediction...
If he's hit 3 yards behind the line, he won't gain much.
If the O-line opens up decent holes for him, he'll play well.
hmm your right, if he gets easy holes, 10 yards of free space before hes tackled by the 1st guy, MI will shine in that environment. That isnt a RB, anyone can do that. So , easy prediction, hell I could do that, lol.
pherein is offline  
Old 11-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #192
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,550
Re: NEW Mark Ingram thread (post Dallas)

Originally Posted by pherein View Post
hmm your right, if he gets easy holes, 10 yards of free space before hes tackled by the 1st guy, MI will shine in that environment. That isnt a RB, anyone can do that. So , easy prediction, hell I could do that, lol.
I didn't say easy holes and 10 yards of space before he gets hit by the 1st guy!
How in the hell did you read that?
Danno is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #193
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,784
Blog Entries: 3
Re: NEW Mark Ingram thread (post Dallas)

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I didn't say easy holes and 10 yards of space before he gets hit by the 1st guy!
How in the hell did you read that?
Yeah you did
If the O-line opens up decent holes for him, he'll play well.
what, he cant see where to run if he doesnt have a clear 3-4 play hole?
RB's make their own holes, hit a brick wall and fail, then step up and find a way to beat the defense with forsight, moves, and timing. None of which MI has shown, unless he has a well defined easy hole to run threw.
PT has shown that he dosnt need the OL alot of times. PT is not elite, but hes a serious RB.

You think B.sanders with his OL with the lions cared that they were the worst in the NFL? Some have it some dont. MI has alot to prove, and at that moment hes no RB, because no one is even marginally afraid of him. Truthfully defenses are probably relieved when MI is in.
Real simple, you run MI and he cost us more 3rd downs, Im not going to be happy. Do it or get off the field.

Time to make the DOMENuts !!!!

Last edited by pherein; 11-17-2013 at 02:57 AM..
pherein is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #194
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 15,550
Re: NEW Mark Ingram thread (post Dallas)

Originally Posted by pherein View Post
Yeah you did


what, he cant see where to run if he doesnt have a clear 3-4 play hole?
RB's make their own holes, hit a brick wall and fail, then step up and find a way to beat the defense with forsight, moves, and timing. None of which MI has shown, unless he has a well defined easy hole to run threw.
PT has shown that he dosnt need the OL alot of times. PT is not elite, but hes a serious RB.

You think B.sanders with his OL with the lions cared that they were the worst in the NFL? Some have it some dont. MI has alot to prove, and at that moment hes no RB, because no one is even marginally afraid of him. Truthfully defenses are probably relieved when MI is in.
Real simple, you run MI and he cost us more 3rd downs, Im not going to be happy. Do it or get off the field.
Decent holes does not equal easy holes and doesn't mean he'll get 10 yards before 1st contact.
Danno is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #195
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,632
Re: NEW Mark Ingram thread (post Dallas)

Are people still talking about this? Good grief
saintsfan403 likes this.
Jack Vegas is online now  
Old 11-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #196
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,784
Blog Entries: 3
Re: NEW Mark Ingram thread (post Dallas)

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Decent holes does not equal easy holes and doesn't mean he'll get 10 yards before 1st contact.
yeah it does, if you only have speed. I do give credit to MI for that run up the middle, and the fight for 1 yard today. Thats what I want to see.

PT ran better though.
pherein is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #197
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 6,969
Re: NEW Mark Ingram thread (post Dallas)

Ingram had our longest run of the day and only ran the rock 6 times... What the hell happened to our O-Line? Blocking like professionals these past two game
pherein and saintsfan403 like this.
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #198
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,756
Re: NEW Mark Ingram thread (post Dallas)

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Ingram had our longest run of the day and only ran the rock 6 times... What the hell happened to our O-Line? Blocking like professionals these past two game
It took longer than expected for our O-line to get healthy and for zone blocking to become second nature.
TheOak is online now  
Old 11-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #199
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,756
Re: NEW Mark Ingram thread (post Dallas)

Back to Ingram.

He has returned to his 3.6 YPC but that isnt my biggest issue.

1. Graham stiff arms CBs and Safetys and they move. Ingrams stiff arm moves him back.

2. Ingram should have had a lot better stats but that cats vision is poor. He misses two gaping holes last night, one so huge they replayed and talked about it.

3. He has no business trying to run around the ends, he doesn't have the speed. He focuses so hard on getting around the end he misses cutbacks.

* WTF is with all that bee swatting after his runs?

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Like and vote https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charl...44287815781246
TheOak is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
mark ingram

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/61799-new-mark-ingram-thread-post-dallas.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 11-10-2013 11:26 PM 1
NEW Mark Ingram thread (post Dallas) This thread Refback 11-10-2013 10:55 PM 33


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts